Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021

Device called the Mega Home … looks like an overgrown coffee maker on steroids - but distills only 1 gallon at a time. Cant believe I paid as much for this as I could have for a small portable RO system

94E7D54A-773E-4ADA-A515-BF21ED8D30E0.jpeg
Looks cool! Does it really take 4 hours for 1 gallon? If you ever need more than 3 gallons a day, you might reconsider that RO system after all.
I might get one if you could distill more than water with it..

… 4 hours and 40 minutes for 1 gallon :-/

I don't use it but I found this article that tells you how to make distilled water at home for free. It takes longer than your machine but if one wanted to save every penny I suppose one could do it this way...

Seems like it might be cheaper to go the grocery store distilled water route, @ 89 cents a gallon...considering energy costs as @FelipeBlu mentioned..
And it comes with a free watering jug! ;)

Dam that’s slow
e-yup

I don't use it but I found this article that tells you how to make distilled water at home for free. It takes longer than your machine but if one wanted to save every penny I suppose one could do it this way...

Lol - i dont have enough hours in the day as it is

Seems like it might be cheaper to go the grocery store distilled water route, @ 89 cents a gallon...considering energy costs as @FelipeBlu mentioned..
And it comes with a free watering jug! ;)
Maybe cheaper, but a pain in butt to schlep water to and fro … plus the environmental impact is expensive

Have you considered just using your well water? I’ve been growing meds and veggies in hydro for 5 years. Never used RO. Water straight outta my well at 190ppm.
I have considered it; now that we have a whole home filter its only about 210 ppm - but I have no idea what those TDS’s consist of. With distilled,
I know exactly what I’m putting in the plant’s reservoir.

Very true, I have no idea of whats in the 190ppm in my water. I will tell you this, I collected rain water when I first started my hydro journey. Off my roof into a bucket. 0-5ppm. Had nothing but trouble. Never could get a stable res. Huge ph swings in 24hrs. I don’t have those issues with well water.

Have you considered just using your well water? I’ve been growing meds and veggies in hydro for 5 years. Never used RO. Water straight outta my well at 190ppm.
Nice I’m giving mine a go next run

I’ll need you to sign a disclaimer stating I’m not responsible if things go south….might consider running one plant in DWC to test the waters. Pun intended
Do you count the PPMs from your well water in your total target and then reduce the nutes by a total of 190?

Hope you're having a better day today, thinking of ya! Liv will make you smile today regardless of all this bogus water and PPM talk....come over to the soil side.....jk only wanted to get a little laugh from you and my Star Wars-Cannabis jokes fall short....

I have considered it; now that we have a whole home filter its only about 210 ppm - but I have no idea what those TDS’s consist of. With distilled,
I know exactly what I’m putting in the plant’s reservoir.
Your utility likely posts the water reports online. If potable, your plants can handle it too. There are nutrients that take hard tapwater as base, like General Hydroponics/Terra Aquatica.

I don’t worry about the 190. I start at 1/4 strength and rarely go past 1/2 strength during flower.
Again though- what do you do with the 190ppm? Say your target PPM is 500 … do you include enough nutes to get only TO 500 ppm or do you do 500ppm of nutes PLUS the 190 from the well water?

Hope you're having a better day today, thinking of ya! Liv will make you smile today regardless of all this bogus water and PPM talk....come over to the soil side.....jk only wanted to get a little laugh from you and my Star Wars-Cannabis jokes fall short....
:) no luv - your Star Wars joke didnt fall short. I’ll give the soil side a try before too long!

Back
Top Bottom