Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021

Your utility likely posts the water reports online. If potable, your plants can handle it too. There are nutrients that take hard tapwater as base, like General Hydroponics/Terra Aquatica.
Not on city water - we have well water, so no water report.

Again though- what do you do with the 190ppm? Say your target PPM is 500 … do you include enough nutes to get only TO 500 ppm or do you do 500ppm of nutes PLUS the 190 from the well water?
If my targets 500ppm I only include 310ppm of nutes.

Good morning BG, :passitleft:
I hope you are feeling better today.

When you bought the place, perhaps there was a well report in all of the disclosures you signed?

In any case, knowing what is in your water is pretty important (for your health as well as your plants’). There are places that will test your water for you. Just to make sure there isn’t any lead or arsenic, etc in it.

In the meantime, do you get hard water deposits on your faucets or shower head?

Good morning BG, :passitleft:
I hope you are feeling better today.

When you bought the place, perhaps there was a well report in all of the disclosures you signed?

In any case, knowing what is in your water is pretty important (for your health as well as your plants’). There are places that will test your water for you. Just to make sure there isn’t any lead or arsenic, etc in it.

In the meantime, do you get hard water deposits on your faucets or shower head?
Morning Felipe … headache is still here, but the migraine is subsiding. The utter silence in the house is deafening … no barking to be let out (Sadie barked or rang the bells, Bekah just runs up and down the hallway *lol) … no barking to let me know its their dinner time (only Sadie made it a point of being known, Bekah was the follower) …

Regarding the water, I may just have to go ahead and find out how to get it tested. My husband's family actually built the house back in ‘85. And yeah, the hard water deposits (that orange build up) was REALLY bad until we put in the whole home water filter last year. PPMs used to be like 750-800, now they’re around 200. Still get *some* build up - just nowhere near as bad as before

I used ward lab (www.wardlab.com) to get my well water tested. Just fill a water bottle and send it in.

I’ll need you to sign a disclaimer stating I’m not responsible if things go south….might consider running one plant in DWC to test the waters. Pun intended
So far so good I’ve Ben a week on well water on my dwc I’ve tested it way back wen I moved def was in good range to be a water source but just went with city water witch I’ve used for years

2021-12-01 - Day 25

Tent temp: 75° F
Tent RH: 45%
Res temp: 67° F
PPM: 850 … steady
pH: 6.3 … rising … adjusted to 5.3
Water level: … falling.

Liv’s looking good (bar that one severely ugly/spotty fan leaf on the left). She’s a full 17” across and 5” high. Roots look beautiful (on small dark spot in the middle, but everything else is white). Tucked down the big fan leaves to under the other growth.

In the last pic you can see how she decided to grow sideways out of the rapid rooter.

:cheer: Go Liv! Go! :cheer:

She's doing fantastic!
She’s actually starting to look a little like yours; though I dont dare to believe I’ll aspire to your green-god state yet!

She’s actually starting to look a little like yours; though I dont dare to believe I’ll aspire to your green-god state yet!
Too kind- FelipeBlu is twice the grower I am, and I have no doubts that you can grow a monster to rival him

Reach for the stars, girl. Always. Even if you don't quite get them you're liable to grab the moon.

Lookin good BG.

Back
Top Bottom