Barney’s Farm With The Mars Hydro

Hey @Moony If u have a peat based potting soil then you can stick a seed straight into soil,,keep it damp and stable temps and that's it mate ,,it can b that easy but good luck however u do it :ganjamon:

Just seems to scary for me lol. I have massive rugby player hands and bite my nails aggressively so it would be like a giant trying to pick up a chicken egg lol. I'm bound to break something. I think I may just throw them in skme soil. I'll make sure it's not too far under and I'll pray to the weed gods lol.

Yeah I say soil but I'm being simplistic. I have some professional soil with enough treatment for first 3 weeks so the little girls can stay in pot and fill the roots out. I normally repot at around 3 weeks from 1 litre potting pots into a 4 litre pot. Then let it fill that for 4 weeks then repot then 1 to 2 weeks and flip to flower.
Hey @Moony If u have a peat based potting soil then you can stick a seed straight into soil,,keep it damp and stable temps and that's it mate ,,it can b that easy but good luck however u do it :ganjamon:

Yeah I say soil but I'm being simplistic. I have some professional soil with enough treatment for first 3 weeks so the little girls can stay in pot and fill the roots out. I normally repot at around 3 weeks from 1 litre potting pots into a 4 litre pot. Then let it fill that for 4 weeks then repot then 1 to 2 weeks and flip to flower.
I also plant direct to soil. My this years outdoor plant was started on 4/20, with a seed direct to soil.
It helps to water with a spray bottle the first week or so.

Looking good @stinker :cool:. I noticed you moved the driver off the light and outside the tent. I am planning on doing the same thing, I find the driver adds more extra heat than I like in the tent. How did you mount it outside?

Looking good @stinker :cool:. I noticed you moved the driver off the light and outside the tent. I am planning on doing the same thing, I find the driver adds more extra heat than I like in the tent. How did you mount it outside?
Thanks JJ, I put it on top of some freestanding shelves near the tent. The bracketed mount fits the top of the shelves perfectly. You will like the light, I do. :cheesygrinsmiley: What size space are you using the light for?

Hey @Moony , I use paper towels. and it has seldom failed me. It the only way I germinate.
I use two medium sized plates, take a double thickness of paper towels, line the bottom and place seeds, then cover again with double towels, slowly cover with water let sit a moment, tilt and drain excess then cover with 2nd plate turned upside down. If using multiple seed varieties, I mark the plate @ 6:30 and then make a diagram of where various seeds are placed. If its a cold season, I put in a drawer and close, this I think keeps the temp more stable. Good luck. :peace:
I second that!

I think I'd try it if I had some spare seeds and smaller hands haha. For now I'm just planning on getting some really good potting soil and a propagator and a spray bottle lol.
Industrial sized tweezers? Lol

Good morning. Tomorrow it will be 28 days since sprouting. Time just flew by. Tuesday I adjusted the light schedule down a bit from 20/4 to 19/5, and then at 5 weeks I’ll flip to 12/12. The light is strong now at 80%.

The MXOP gave up four nice tops where she was FIM’d, she is also the bushiest of the three. I had to strip some lower fans on all three as the tips were touching soil, a few remaining fans have some tip damage. Everything has perked up nicely now and they have a nice green. Three days ago all three received their first full watering. I think they can be fully watered again tomorrow.

Happy grows :peace:

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

Good morning. Tomorrow it will be 28 days since sprouting. Time just flew by. Tuesday I adjusted the light schedule down a bit from 20/4 to 19/5, and then at 5 weeks I’ll flip to 12/12. The light is strong now at 80%.

The MXOP gave up four nice tops where she was FIM’d, she is also the bushiest of the three. I had to strip some lower fans on all three as the tips were touching soil, a few remaining fans have some tip damage. Everything has perked up nicely now and they have a nice green. Three days ago all three received their first full watering. I think they can be fully watered again tomorrow.

IMG_0407.JPG
Girls are looking good but I must ask...... ^WHAT ARE THOSE!!!! hahah.

Seriously tho really nice amount of nodes already gonna be some big bushy ladies :)

Girls are looking good but I must ask...... ^WHAT ARE THOSE!!!! hahah.

Seriously tho really nice amount of nodes already gonna be some big bushy ladies :)
Those are my last pair of Locals for @Braddah Waiheesohai

Yeah you Hawaiian! Plants are looking good

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0404.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0407.JPG

Good morning. Everything is looking good. Yesterday they received a second watering to runoff. The last of the topping was done yesterday. Everything has been topped that can be for this grow at the 2nd or 3rd node with the topped tops at the 2nd. Friday is flip day! It’ll be interesting to see how they react to the stretch. The Lemon Tree and MXOP are rather full, where the Runtz M is a bit lanky and reaching. There will only be minimal LST, tying back this round. I had thought that they would have stayed shorter with the topping.

I’ll try and hold off on posting more until later in the week. Growing this plant and watching them go through their changes still excites me. :Rasta:

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

Good morning, we have had rapid growth under the @Mars Hydro lighting. Today I am flipping to 12/12, its 34 days today. The flip is 1 day earlier than planned. The canopy is at 16” and the light is at 80% power. Over the next few days I’ll ramp up power to 90% leaving the rest in reserve for later. I am impressed with the Mars FC 3000, in Veg I never felt I needed or wanted more light. It’s a real plus having some reserve power for flowering.

The @Barney's Farm genetics are showing. These girls are very pretty. I am concerned I may overgrow my tent this time. I have been aggressively topping everything and this only seems to spur on new growth. Yesterday I tied back, LST’d the uppermost growth to open the canopy and let the lower growth catch up a bit. There are a lot of new tops from the multiple topping and LST. Let’s see what the stretch brings out.

Happy grows

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

It's looking great, stinker. You will get a full tent for sure.
I don't know if you usually defoliate or not, but I think you are going to have to defoliate these girls later.

It's looking great, stinker. You will get a full tent for sure.
I don't know if you usually defoliate or not, but I think you are going to have to defoliate these girls later.
:thanks: Last grow I grew four in the same space. There is way more growth this time. I do defoliate, but like to keep as many fans as I can for as long as I can.

Back
Top Bottom