Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Re: SouthernWeed's Third Barney's Farm Organic Soil Grow

Haircut Photos...Before and After

Went ahead and lopped the top off both plants. I tried to center up some pictures of the process, but evolution has failed to provide me with the third arm and hand I needed, so before and after is the best I could do.

Plant #1...known hereafter as Lucy Sky...
Before...
100_1670.jpg

100_1671.jpg

And after...
100_16721.jpg

Plant #2...known hereafter as Diamonds...
Before...
100_1673.jpg

100_16741.jpg

And after...
100_1675.jpg

I appologize for the poor quality of the photos, but I hope y'all got the idea. I'll be posting regular pics of the new top developement, hopefully it'll go well.

Y'all have a great day.

Veg Day 7

Not alot new to say this morning. FIM sites are not yet showing any redevelopement, but it's been only a matter of hours.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow...maybe there will be some beginnings of new top developement.

Y'all have a great day.

Veg Day 7

Not alot new to say this morning. FIM sites are not yet showing any redevelopement, but it's been only a matter of hours.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow...maybe there will be some beginnings of new top developement.

Y'all have a great day.

Your grow reminds me of an educational video. I learn so much reading your stuff. Keep it up! They look fantastic.

Your grow reminds me of an educational video. I learn so much reading your stuff. Keep it up! They look fantastic.

Glad it helps, Brother. And thank you very much. I'll keep growing them as long as I can physically tend a garden...and depite my official passage into middle age last month, I anticipate a good 35 more years at least. Imagine that...the year is 2044 title is "SouthernWeed's 984th...and Last".

I am totally in for this grow. I just finished your last journal and can't say enough about all the knowledge being passed along. Your plants look awesome :grinjoint:

insane420

First Grow - Trainwreck

Second Grow - Cheese!

Brother, there is so much grower knowledge contained in this forum it boggles the mind. Glad what I'm doing is adding to that. I'll be really getting into to guano's in the next couple weeks, and there will be some fairly exotic concoctions that several friends and I have been testing on greenhouse Roma tomatoes with almost unbelievable results...here's hoping it all tranfers over.

Brother, there is so much grower knowledge contained in this forum it boggles the mind.

:amen:

I've been here 3-1/2 years and I'm still finding new things a couple times a week.

Nice FIM cut. I usually top. I'm interested in seeing the differences between the two.
That's a lot of growth in just one day!:clap: Keep it up!

Thanks Brother...read on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Veg Day 8

Well, this is one of those updates where I have some good news and some not so good.

Diamonds appears to have the beginnings of 3 and possibly 4 new tops. It's extremely hard to be certain at this point, but things look promising for her.

Lucy sky is a different story, and if there is a problem, I have no one to blame but myself. It appears that I may have hit my cut just a little high. The new growth is different looking than Diamonds...more cluttered and unorganized. I'll keep an eye on her and if it doesn't seem to be producing any new tops, I may top her in a few days.

Other than a little aprehension about the FIM cut on LS, the plants are very healthy and strong. Growth has slowed a good bit after the cut, but that's pretty normal.

Here's some pics for y'all...

Diamonds

100_16771.jpg

100_16761.jpg

Lucy Sky

100_16792.jpg

100_1678.jpg

That's the show for today folks. Let's keep our fingers crossed on the cuts.

Y'all have a great day.

Gonna be interesting to see how Lucy Sky turns out. :surf:

If it goes all funky on me it's an easy fix...I'll just top that node, it would just be a little disapointing, you know? I think the overreaching thought here is no one likes pictoral documentation of a rookie mistake...lmao.

Anyone ever recut a FIM? I've never heard of it, but I haven't heard it all by a damn sight.

^^ I've definitely cleaned up when whatever leftovers from a cut tried to grow.

Personally, I learn a lot more from mistakes than perfect execution... hope you'll keep posting the good and bad.

If it goes all funky on me it's an easy fix...I'll just top that node, it would just be a little disapointing, you know? I think the overreaching thought here is no one likes pictoral documentation of a rookie mistake...lmao.

Anyone ever recut a FIM? I've never heard of it, but I haven't heard it all by a damn sight.

Sorry, that was what we all do sometimes. Your human my man. Don't sweat the small stuff. I think I did see it done over, but can't remember which journal it was in.:smokin: Or Top the buger. :surf:

^^ I've definitely cleaned up when whatever leftovers from a cut tried to grow.

Personally, I learn a lot more from mistakes than perfect execution... hope you'll keep posting the good and bad.

I feel about the same way. And I'll post it all, good and bad...always have.

Sorry, that was what we all do sometimes. Your human my man. Don't sweat the small stuff. I think I did see it done over, but can't remember which journal it was in.:smokin: Or Top the buger. :surf:

I'll watch it for another day or so and then decide what to do. The first time I did it I cut to low, and while I did get multiple tops, they were stunted, never growing longer than 6.5" and I actually lost some yield in comparison to a non FIMed plant. Since then I've FIMed 5 plants, never getting less than 3 well developed tops, most often getting 4. Thing is, the cut looked good when I made it, but LS really looks like the leaves are still pushing up vertically from the node. Well I did say I needed to find something to keep Veg interesting...me and my big damn mouth.

I feel about the same way. And I'll post it all, good and bad...always have.

I'll watch it for another day or so and then decide what to do. The first time I did it I cut to low, and while I did get multiple tops, they were stunted, never growing longer than 6.5" and I actually lost some yield in comparison to a non FIMed plant. Since then I've FIMed 5 plants, never getting less than 3 well developed tops, most often getting 4. Thing is, the cut looked good when I made it, but LS really looks like the leaves are still pushing up vertically from the node. Well I did say I needed to find something to keep Veg interesting...me and my big damn mouth.

LOL You have succeeded. :surf:

Veg Day 9

Quick update today. I didn't like what I was seeing with the FIM cuts so I just now went ahead and topped them. For those interested in seeing the production of a FIM'd plant, I'm sorry but there will just be a regular old top job this time around.

I'll post some pics tomorrow or Tuesday depending on my schedule.

Y'all have a great day.

Veg Day 9

Quick update today. I didn't like what I was seeing with the FIM cuts so I just now went ahead and topped them. For those interested in seeing the production of a FIM'd plant, I'm sorry but there will just be a regular old top job this time around.

I'll post some pics tomorrow or Tuesday depending on my schedule.

Y'all have a great day.

some info you may already know:

From Uncle Ben

Selecting the point for topping to get 4 main colas -

To get 4 main colas, let your seedling or cutting (clone) grow to about 5-6 nodes and pinch out (cut) the stem just above the 2nd true node. The node where the cotyledons attach doesn't count. The result will be a redistribution of the auxins and other hormones that normally collect in the tissue of the terminal leader's tip. These ho moans will be redistributed to dormant buds that reside in the nodal axis where the leaf petiole attaches to the "trunk", below the cut. The new foliar output response will be quick (within 24 hrs., see photo below) if you have a healthy growing seedling and will be your future main colas - 4 instead of the usual 1:
user46130_pic30777_1232180648.jpg

user46130_pic30779_1232180648.jpg

uncle-ben-albums-uncle-ben-s-goodies-picture30780-55.jpg

some info you may already know:

From Uncle Ben

user46130_pic30777_1232180648.jpg

user46130_pic30779_1232180648.jpg

uncle-ben-albums-uncle-ben-s-goodies-picture30780-55.jpg

That's some very useful info there DocBud. Regretably, there is nothing there to help an idiot make a proper cut...lol.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok guys and gals, there's going to be a bit of a gap in my updates. The deer are in full rut and there are rumors of a Boone & Crockett class buck skirting the edges of our property, and I take that as an act of war on the bucks part.

I will have my laptop with me and will be able to look in during the evening hours, but I think I'll probably be gone for a week or ten days...haven't got to hunt as much as I would have liked this year, family issues cluttered up three good weeks of the season, so I'm going to make up for lost time.

The plants are doing great, and with the extra cut, the height issues I ran into last time requiring a late tie off of the plants, shouldn't be an issue.

I've PHd 5 gallons of water, way more than needed, and left the wife with watering instructions...she's getting pretty good at tending plants, although she may be the most paranoid person on earth, which is, in it's own way, rather amusing. She asked me last night to cut her a clone for her to grow by herself, so I am going to do that when I come back, and perhaps talk her into running a journal...then she'll see why I do it.

So y'all have a good week or so and when I return, there will be some great pics of some awsome plants.

Back
Top Bottom