Barneys Farm Sponsors Grow: Gorilla Zkittles, Orange Sherbert Plus Many More

We've been leaving our mail and deliveries outside for 24 hours before we bring them in. And I've been spraying down the groceries with bleach/water because up until a few days ago the grocery workers weren't even wearing masks. I still don't think they're using gloves.

I'm glad you're keeping an eye on the plants, but I expect nothing less from the Professor! And since I got the leaf checking advice from MrS, WWSD works for Sauga as well ;).

We've been leaving our mail and deliveries outside for 24 hours before we bring them in. And I've been spraying down the groceries with bleach/water because up until a few days ago the grocery workers weren't even wearing masks. I still don't think they're using gloves.

I'm glad you're keeping an eye on the plants, but I expect nothing less from the Professor! And since I got the leaf checking advice from MrS, WWSD works for Sauga as well ;).

I'm not sure how its meant to work over here. Some grocery staff have masks though most don't. I went into a shop and the staff were all wearing gloves one day then I went to the same shop again a couple days later and no one was wearing gloves.

I'll have to get a band for each wrist then. Best not to confuse them though. If I ever find myself walking down a dusty road with no shoes and a bag of potato chips I'm going to need the right advice

Loving your monster pot. I'm planning a 40cmx40cm tent grow with the TropBan. I'm hoping her wild branchy nature can be tamed by a scrog.

I didn't look too far back on the thread, did you have a wee willy winkie on one of yours? I was only gonna get one seed and then get another strain at the same time but would rather get another of the same if risk of not being 100% fem.

You're also using Mega Crop which is amazing because that's what I'm now planning on using. It seems such common knowledge among people here but I've grown in the past and only just heard about it. Seems like plants love it, always a healthy colour and look strong.
I'll be growing in coco, however, so I imagine my girl will be thirsty and vigorous.

I'm looking forward to seeing your beach produce some great results!

Cheers!

If you ever find yourself walking down a dusty road with no shoes and a bag of potato chips, just make sure you have a tag that says:
"If found, please return to 420magazine.com"
Should I put that in my signature?
Loving your monster pot. I'm planning a 40cmx40cm tent grow with the TropBan. I'm hoping her wild branchy nature can be tamed by a scrog.

I didn't look too far back on the thread, did you have a wee willy winkie on one of yours? I was only gonna get one seed and then get another strain at the same time but would rather get another of the same if risk of not being 100% fem.

You're also using Mega Crop which is amazing because that's what I'm now planning on using. It seems such common knowledge among people here but I've grown in the past and only just heard about it. Seems like plants love it, always a healthy colour and look strong.
I'll be growing in coco, however, so I imagine my girl will be thirsty and vigorous.

I'm looking forward to seeing your beach produce some great results!

Cheers!
Hey burdock. Welcome to my thread.

Where to begin with the Tropicanna Banana. I'll fill you in on the story so far. I received 3 of the TB seeds to run from Barneys so I picked one and all was at first very good. The growth was incredible in veg and then exploded even more during the flowering stretch. Everything was going great as she was healthy and covered in budsites. She was such a clean looking plant with symmetry and almost perfect leaves. Then all of a sudden she turned. I don't think I've seen that many nanas on a plant before. They were in all of the top buds, dozens of them and I could see new ones forming lower down the plant. Then there were pollen sacks found all around the bottom of the plant as well. I culled her in the end as there was no way I could remove that many with tweezers. The odd nana here and there is a pretty common thing but this was something else.
The second TB was a runt which I chose deliberately for this multi strain grow as the the third seedling showed signs of being really vigorous and I didn't want her taking over the grow. If its anything like the first in terms of vigour then it will be a large plant deserving of space. The second turned out to be too small and has been lost to the depths in amongst the plants that it shares a pot with.
I still have the third TB and am currently in the process of cloning her for an upcoming grow.

Megacrop is great and I'm using it for almost everything at the moment. I bought the big bag so I will probably be buried with the last bit at the end of my life. It seems to last forever lol. There are plenty of members on here who could give you really good advice on how to use it. @MrSauga and ITS (see above) are a couple (not like that) who have experience and I would trust their opinions on the subject

As for sticking the TB in a 40cm x 40cm, put it like this. She wont need a lot of veg time.
Cheers burdok
:passitleft:

Should I put that in my signature?

Hey burdock. Welcome to my thread.

Where to begin with the Tropicanna Banana. I'll fill you in on the story so far. I received 3 of the TB seeds to run from Barneys so I picked one and all was at first very good. The growth was incredible in veg and then exploded even more during the flowering stretch. Everything was going great as she was healthy and covered in budsites. She was such a clean looking plant with symmetry and almost perfect leaves. Then all of a sudden she turned. I don't think I've seen that many nanas on a plant before. They were in all of the top buds, dozens of them and I could see new ones forming lower down the plant. Then there were pollen sacks found all around the bottom of the plant as well. I culled her in the end as there was no way I could remove that many with tweezers. The odd nana here and there is a pretty common thing but this was something else.
The second TB was a runt which I chose deliberately for this multi strain grow as the the third seedling showed signs of being really vigorous and I didn't want her taking over the grow. If its anything like the first in terms of vigour then it will be a large plant deserving of space. The second turned out to be too small and has been lost to the depths in amongst the plants that it shares a pot with.
I still have the third TB and am currently in the process of cloning her for an upcoming grow.

Megacrop is great and I'm using it for almost everything at the moment. I bought the big bag so I will probably be buried with the last bit at the end of my life. It seems to last forever lol. There are plenty of members on here who could give you really good advice on how to use it. @MrSauga and ITS (see above) are a couple (not like that) who have experience and I would trust their opinions on the subject

As for sticking the TB in a 40cm x 40cm, put it like this. She wont need a lot of veg time.
Cheers burdok

I see what you mean. That is certainly a little worrying but I decided to just go for it and I've ordered 3 seeds and I'm getting a free cookies kush with it, too, so I'm pretty excited. I think if the plant works for me then it's just going to be perfectly for me in all areas. Tastes/high sound incredible and uplifting, and the yields look incredible for a plant that grows so fast.

I'm very excited about the mega crop. It seems so simple, it's elegant.

I'll give you a shout when I start my journal. I'd love any help I can get

I see what you mean. That is certainly a little worrying but I decided to just go for it and I've ordered 3 seeds and I'm getting a free cookies kush with it, too, so I'm pretty excited. I think if the plant works for me then it's just going to be perfectly for me in all areas. Tastes/high sound incredible and uplifting, and the yields look incredible for a plant that grows so fast.

I'm very excited about the mega crop. It seems so simple, it's elegant.

I'll give you a shout when I start my journal. I'd love any help I can get
I look at it like this. Barneys have just put time and effort into releasing these new strains and I dont think they would have gone ahead if they weren't confident that it was worth it. They have a reputation to uphold and have a large number of people growing their strains so if there was a problem it would become apparent very quickly. I have searched high and low for anyone experiencing the same problem that I did and have found nothing. I'm putting it down to bad luck for both of the first 2 attempts with this one. I'm not the sort to give up so easily and will definitely try the third seed. Barneys were kind enough to offer me these for free and I will do my best with them before giving my final verdict. I really think that the TB could be a great strain if I could just get one to harvest lol.
Here's something for you to consider. This is a pic of the third TB in rather convieniently a 40cm x 40cm tent. if this one grows anything like the first then I would be in a lot of trouble if I flipped that to 12/12....
WIN_20200415_21_44_06_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200415_21_44_11_Pro.jpg

I look at it like this. Barneys have just put time and effort into releasing these new strains and I dont think they would have gone ahead if they weren't confident that it was worth it. They have a reputation to uphold and have a large number of people growing their strains so if there was a problem it would become apparent very quickly. I have searched high and low for anyone experiencing the same problem that I did and have found nothing. I'm putting it down to bad luck for both of the first 2 attempts with this one. I'm not the sort to give up so easily and will definitely try the third seed. Barneys were kind enough to offer me these for free and I will do my best with them before giving my final verdict. I really think that the TB could be a great strain if I could just get one to harvest lol.
Here's something for you to consider. This is a pic of the third TB in rather convieniently a 40cm x 40cm tent. if this one grows anything like the first then I would be in a lot of trouble if I flipped that to 12/12....
WIN_20200415_21_44_06_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200415_21_44_11_Pro.jpg

Thanks for the wisdom about the strain, and I agree with what you say. I've smoked so many Barney's Farm strains and they've all been great.

So what do you suggest? A very short veg and flip to 12/12 before the net is full?
I know I'm going to have to train this girl a lot, but I guess I'll have to wait to see what she grows like to figure out the best method.

What are your plans for that plant in the small tent?

Thanks for the wisdom about the strain, and I agree with what you say. I've smoked so many Barney's Farm strains and they've all been great.

So what do you suggest? A very short veg and flip to 12/12 before the net is full?
I know I'm going to have to train this girl a lot, but I guess I'll have to wait to see what she grows like to figure out the best method.

What are your plans for that plant in the small tent?
If you are going to flower in a 40cm x 40cm tent then I would flip to 12/12 at the earliest possible chance. That should be around 3 weeks after the seed has broke ground. The other thing you could do is 12/12 from seed but I personally wouldn't recommend that.
What lighting will you be using? keeping the wattage low while the plant is stretching could help to contain her somewhat.
Something to mention is that you should keep an eye on how yours is growing before deciding how to act. If you were unlucky enough to get a pheno like my second one then this info would be useless and I'd seem like an idiot. I'm assuming though that the majority of the pheno's of this strain will be vigorous as that is what Barneys description suggests.

This tent is actually my mother tent and I removed the other 3 plants I have to give you an idea of what the TB might look like in a similar set up. I will be taking some clones from the TB mother tomorrow and hopefully have them ready for flower in a months time. I'm not going to be dedicating an entire tent to the TB though and will run her alongside 3 other strains as reassurance lol.

Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....

That way, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes...;)

Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes....

That way, you'll be a mile away, and you'll have his shoes...;)
I'm going to invent some slippers that have Lego soles. That way when you stand on a Lego brick at 3am you dont hurt your foot and instead just get a little bit taller. You have to remember to remove the collected bricks every now and then otherwise you run the risk of bumping your head

Hey 420. Update time again. If you're tuning in for drama then I'm going to have to disappoint you I'm afraid. Things are nice and chill over here and most of the plants are on cruise control. There are a few bad plants but we already know about those and there's no saving them now. The rest are doing well though and are starting to fatten up. I've gone with the Shedster's advice and not increased the feed with the recent watering. The plants seem happy so I'll keep doing what I'm doing which is watering them when the pot feels light. Here we are on flowering day 38....
WIN_20200419_13_13_54_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200419_13_14_10_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200419_13_14_46_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200419_13_18_13_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200419_13_15_53_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200419_13_15_10_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200419_13_15_24_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200419_13_15_40_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200419_13_16_23_Pro.jpg
WIN_20200419_13_16_55_Pro.jpg

Looking good to me!
Its just nice to not have any problems at the moment. The end of last year and the start of this one was one problem after the next in the garden. The only thing which concerns me now is whether or not 100w is worth growing with and its a concern we won't have the answer to until the end. We are going to find out though.

If you're tuning in for drama then I'm going to have to disappoint you
Dang!- I tuned in for the drama....But I'll settle for wishing you a Happy 420, Prof!
And the ten plant pot looks sweet!

Belated 4/20 well wishes to you all.
As you may understand the festivities led me to forgetting to pass on the warm regards... You know... Cause I was passing... Never mind, you get it.
Much love <3

Belated 4/20 well wishes to you all.
As you may understand the festivities led me to forgetting to pass on the warm regards... You know... Cause I was passing... Never mind, you get it.
Much love <3
Lol. There were a lot of things I forgot to do that day. Rolling a joint wasn't one of them.
Cheers burdock and happy 4/20

Back
Top Bottom