Bassman59's Revenge of the Clones! 600w Pro-Bloom LED - RDWC - Grow #2

Well, I have a feeling I am not going to be able to put these in my two-tub RDWC. I'm positive in fact. They are going to be way too big for 4 plants per tub. I just realized (or learned) I have misunderstood some terminology.

1. "Flower" = NOT from 12/12. This period is defined as when 1st pistils show after 12/12. Commonly 7-10 days after flip. *** This has added 8 days to my harvest in current grow.

2. Seed bank flowering periods are defined starting from above. Hence my "7-9 week flowering period" is in fact 56-71 days after flip.

These clones in day 24 of veg, which means I will veg them for roughly 45-68 days!

So, I may need to configure a 3 tub RDWC for when I harvest and move these into tent and go 12/12. This also means I'll need more cfl's in the closet and I'm going to have to train the hell out of these to keep em low.

Hopefully, I can pick up another LED from Grow Stealth LED before xmas too so I can run a veg tent and a flowering tent in cycles.

If this defoliating produces the yield others have gotten I may actually be able to run 4 in veg and 4 in flower in the future and sustain perfectly with our needs to treat mom (this is all to treat elderly mom with some pretty debilitating ailments). Four 32"-36"sq would be perfect for my 4x4 tent and allow for fans, movement inside to trim, etc.

Update #1

Day 28 in veg

Here's some pics of today, day 28 in veg before I do any defoliating. I'm not sure how much I'm going to do or when just yet. I need to get clear on that.

Everything is growing fine though. And it seems the plant I busted those roots on will be fine as well. She's the bottom right in the above pic.

This is also the 1st completed week on BPN 2 part nutes.

I'm running about 900-950 ppm.

Notice how tight the nodes are. And the bit of training I have done has helped push them outwards which is exactly what we want.

The short little gal in the back caught a perfect fim. She's the lone clone from the largest bud maker in my flowering grow. And a different pheno from the rest. Like the one in flowering, she's moving a little slow but very nice and healthy. We want to watch her when flower time comes to see if she takes lead like her mom. I'm going to take more clones of this one for sure.

In the 1st pic you'll see red arrows. These are just some of the leaves I'll be taking. Notice the blue box. If I understand this correctly, by taking the two fans right there with red arrows, it should make that little tiny shoot jump out and take lead from that location forming another nice bud site later on.

PB260219.JPG
PB260220.JPG
PB260222.JPG
PB260223.JPG
PB260224.JPG

PB2600011.JPG
PB2600021.JPG
PB2600041.JPG
PB2600051.JPG
PB2600061.JPG

If I defol a bunch today I'll show an "after" set of pics, then we'll take a cpl after a few days and see the difference.

Things are looking real good over here bruv like wild bushes!

Think you can excel your results with "blue ray lasers"

:peace:

I got a connect on this new technology

Update

Ok try not to pass out. I just finished a HUGE defoliation after about 7-10 days of hardly touching them.

Next pics will be in 5-7 days and should be pretty interesting.

Here's some b4 and after pics from today.

PB280049.JPG
PB280047.JPG
PB280048.JPG
PB280050.JPG
PB280051.JPG

That's the most aggressive training I've ever seen done to a nice tub of ladies, can't wait to see how they progress! I've heard of being rough but you're beating them worse then a red-headed step-son!
Are you concerned about stressing them to the point of going herm or more pronounce male characteristics with the multiple aggressive defoliation, bending, fimming, and topping? Do you plan on carrying on with the same techniques through flowering?
Either way, can't wait to see the results! I've always kept every leaf possible as it seems counter intuitive to remove the very means that the girls make power with, not sure what a million nodes will do if there's less energy being produced with fewer leaves....
:thumb:
Tweed

That's the most aggressive training I've ever seen done to a nice tub of ladies, can't wait to see how they progress! I've heard of being rough but you're beating them worse then a red-headed step-son!
Are you concerned about stressing them to the point of going herm or more pronounce male characteristics with the multiple aggressive defoliation, bending, fimming, and topping? Do you plan on carrying on with the same techniques through flowering?
Either way, can't wait to see the results! I've always kept every leaf possible as it seems counter intuitive to remove the very means that the girls make power with, not sure what a million nodes will do if there's less energy being produced with fewer leaves....
:thumb:
Tweed

They may get 1 more big defol before flower. Then nothing till stretch is done and an aggressive defol then and at 45 days.

Controversial as it seems, I'm actually following a technique that produces very nice yields. My biggest problem will probably be my 4x4 tent won't hold 8. I tend to think 6 is max. So I could turn 2 into moms I suppose.

I'll know better when I setup after my current grow finishes. Plan atm is RDWC, each plant in it's own tub.

Believe me, in 5-7 days there will be butt loads of leaves. And no they wont hermie.

Bending and topping is really important to this as well. Ideally LOTS of nodes LOTS of top canopy, LOTS of light penetration to lower buds, NO popcorn without lollipopping.

And tbh, if I screw the whole thing up I aint gonna fret. But if I follow the directions well, we may all be a bit surprised.

Enjoy the ride! :thanks:

They may get 1 more big defol before flower. Then nothing till stretch is done and an aggressive defol then and at 45 days.

Controversial as it seems, I'm actually following a technique that produces very nice yields. My biggest problem will probably be my 4x4 tent won't hold 8. I tend to think 6 is max. So I could turn 2 into moms I suppose.

I'll know better when I setup after my current grow finishes. Plan atm is RDWC, each plant in it's own tub.

Believe me, in 5-7 days there will be butt loads of leaves. And no they wont hermie.

Bending and topping is really important to this as well. Ideally LOTS of nodes LOTS of top canopy, LOTS of light penetration to lower buds, NO popcorn without lollipopping.

And tbh, if I screw the whole thing up I aint gonna fret. But if I follow the directions well, we may all be a bit surprised.

Enjoy the ride! :thanks:

Bassman59 - Looking good bud! I'm with you on your entire response. Great and accurate info. I have never had a plant herm on me because of bending, de-leafing, or anything like that. Light and extreme environmental changes are more likely the cause of hermed plants. This is the point of de-leafing that I will be doing in the future as well. Like I said, I always did about 30%-ish de-leafing and saw better results with the more leaves I took. I'm on board with this one. :cheer:

Bassman59 - Looking good bud! I'm with you on your entire response. Great and accurate info. I have never had a plant herm on me because of bending, de-leafing, or anything like that. Light and extreme environmental changes are more likely the cause of hermed plants. This is the point of de-leafing that I will be doing in the future as well. Like I said, I always did about 30%-ish de-leafing and saw better results with the more leaves I took. I'm on board with this one. :cheer:

WOOT! I'm quite honored sir. :thanks::bravo::high-five::cheer::Namaste::adore::thanks::morenutes:

looking good b! as soon as i can i want to get some more clones veggin, im going to try the tech youre usin here it looks awesome, theyre gonna be some thick bushes real soon

Did I tell you the article to read heavily about it first?

PM me if you need it.

I thought I would pull out a pic of a 6 plant grow in a 40 sq ft area that is my inspiration for all of this.

Bah, I forgot to resize, hope this comes out!

6plant_40sq_ft.png

meh, not horrible.

oh, I'm taking pics of the clones after that big cut up at 48hrs, 72, etc after the cut. I'll post the results sometime between Sat-Mon

Subscribed early! Looking good there Bass. Hopefully you get the ladies tamed and don't have to fight too much stretch and growth over the next couple of weeks...

I forgot to get myself subbed. I really want to watch this and see which direction you take with this grow. Since I am also new to rdwc I could definately learn from another grower's work.

Hell you say. I was going to have you build another like yours and ship it to me. Free of course, because I'm such a nice guy, broke, on food stamps and taking care of the elderly.

yes the one that was 160pg long, it was a good one no doubt.

It's actually 191 pgs atm. but ya, you got it. Gotta sort through the BS, but the good stuff is just that. Good.

Back
Top Bottom