Beginner Grow - 5x6 Room - 1000Watt MH/HPS - PK Maui Waui Blackwater

Hey 1stGrow, I'm here checking out your progress and have a few things I think may help you for the future based on my current 1st grow experience.

First, I think the next time you start some seedling your should leave them under the T5 until they are at least through the seedling phase and into early veg (at least 4ish nodes). I think between the temp issues and the light variation and strength you have most likely stunted them a few times (I made similar mistakes on my current first grow).

Second, for the amount of $ you spent to make a humidifier you could have purchased a tent which would help with humidity levels and to stabilize the temperature a little. If you have the $ I would definitely recommend you look at purchasing a tent.

Lastly, it you are going to continue to use tap water don't assume the pH will always be the same. Tap water pH will vary so just always make sure to pH and also look into calcium lock-up issues now that you are working with coco - you will need to compensate for this medium change with increased CalMag (most likely).

Good job so far! It looks like similar to me you have made mistakes but have also been able to fix those mistakes and learn from them. Happy growing!

Hey 1stGrow, I'm here checking out your progress and have a few things I think may help you for the future based on my current 1st grow experience.

First, I think the next time you start some seedling your should leave them under the T5 until they are at least through the seedling phase and into early veg (at least 4ish nodes). I think between the temp issues and the light variation and strength you have most likely stunted them a few times (I made similar mistakes on my current first grow).

Second, for the amount of $ you spent to make a humidifier you could have purchased a tent which would help with humidity levels and to stabilize the temperature a little. If you have the $ I would definitely recommend you look at purchasing a tent.

Lastly, it you are going to continue to use tap water don't assume the pH will always be the same. Tap water pH will vary so just always make sure to pH and also look into calcium lock-up issues now that you are working with coco - you will need to compensate for this medium change with increased CalMag (most likely).

Good job so far! It looks like similar to me you have made mistakes but have also been able to fix those mistakes and learn from them. Happy growing!

Thanks for stopping by!
The environmental conditions were not helping at the start for sure. I will hopefully have a better handle on that for next time. It is a small room I am growing in (old laundry room) that had no heater in there and it was too cold with my small t5 lights when I started things off for sure.
I think for next run it will be a lot warmer in there and that should help with the start of things. I plan on adding some vents and duct work soon and a humidity and temperature controller to the space to really keep things more consistent.

The humidifier cost me under $100 bucks, it was a quick solution and its working out good so far.

Seeing some good growth the last few days now that all members of the family are in some more roomy quarters and getting the correct nutrients and PH they need.

I am currently using Calmag Plus when feeding the plants in the coco, and test my ph and tds/ec levels before each watering.

okay sound good :high-five:
Realistically I am not in a hurry. It is just a lot further along then some of the others. It is also the only one in soil. But It is turning into a thick little bush for sure. I will just let her go until all the other girls are ready if possible. I appreciate you checking in!

Thanks for the video! it's fun and different from "normal" pics :Namaste:

Just a small question about the last plant on the video... It looks like the lower leafs are yellowish or brownish? no? can't see properly with those eyes of mine :passitleft:.... but if they are, in my opinion(and what I have seen people saying around here) they are not supposed to be like that so early in the grow... Hopefully I'm just blind :cough:

Thanks for the video! it's fun and different from "normal" pics :Namaste:

Just a small question about the last plant on the video... It looks like the lower leafs are yellowish or brownish? no? can't see properly with those eyes of mine :passitleft:.... but if they are, in my opinion(and what I have seen people saying around here) they are not supposed to be like that so early in the grow... Hopefully I'm just blind :cough:

Your eyes are accurate. That one is a bit messed up for sure hah. I am not sure if there was some nutrient water splashed on it or if there was a weird spike in that particular pot. The newer growth seems to be okay so I am just letting her be. If it gets any worse ill flush it out good with plain water.

Ok, I got the 3500k in my true QB panels for flower. I got the 4000k in my other true QB for veg. The 2 I ordered were both 4000k. Sure makes for some very tight nodes, I like it.

Back
Top Bottom