BF Afghan Coco/Growstones Grow Sponsored By MightyGrow 2017

Did you put some of the 3-3-3 in the medium of the solo cups? When are you planning to transplant them into bigger pots?

Did you put some of the 3-3-3 in the medium of the solo cups? When are you planning to transplant them into bigger pots?

I filled a gallon grow bag with half coco and half perlite, added everything and mixed well, split that amongst the 4 cups. I had some medium left over so im really lost here. Wanted to keep them in the cups for up to two weeks or until the leaves go over the sides of the cup for a good root system before transplant. If i need to transplant ill just do that though.

So you are looking at 1 more week in the solo cups? I would hold off on topdressing until you get them in their bigger pots. The nutrients in the solo cups will last you that long. If you look at the feeding chart, it says "seedling and cuttings" in the first row where it tells you how to blend the 3-3-3 amend into the growing medium, this is meant for the 1-2 week period where your seedlings or clones are getting established. You could put like 1 or 2 teaspoons in the solo cups if you just wanted to, but I would hold off until you have replanted in bigger pots.

Perfect! Ill just top dress when i transplant! Easy! Loving it!

Good deal. Just curious...what pot size are you going to be transplanting to? Have you blended you nutrients, minerals, coco, perlite and lime in those pots?

Not yet but i will soon! Still trying to decide on finale pot size. I am thinking straight to 3 gal pots but i may go to 1gal and transplant again to 5gal. Not sure yet. I always have best expirences in 3gal for coco but who knows maybe 5 gallons will be better for organic.

Not too sure what to expect. Normally in coco 3gal is equal to 5gal of soil, i say this because the plants in 3gal of coco are as big as soil plants in 5 gal. Im worried my plants will get too big if i go into 5. My organic girls in 1gal of coco got a good size height wise. Really have to think this out.

I gotcha. I was just wondering. I don't know enough about coco to be much help on final pot size. I would probably lean towards 5 gallons just to make sure my roots had all the room they would need. I've never heard that 3gal of coco is equal to 5gal of soil, that's interesting! I would trend away from repotting more than once though. Just my opinion, but no need to disrupt your biology by replanting, or stressing your plant more than you need to. Just my opinion though. I'm sure 3gal or 5gals will work beautifully. Keep up the good work BF!

If you have the head room id go to 5 gal and see how long it takes to fill it with roots. Their growing really fast so you may end up with some monster trees. Remember you can always super crop if you need to.

I gotcha. I was just wondering. I don't know enough about coco to be much help on final pot size. I would probably lean towards 5 gallons just to make sure my roots had all the room they would need. I've never heard that 3gal of coco is equal to 5gal of soil, that's interesting! I would trend away from repotting more than once though. Just my opinion, but no need to disrupt your biology by replanting, or stressing your plant more than you need to. Just my opinion though. I'm sure 3gal or 5gals will work beautifully. Keep up the good work BF!

Thats the great thing about coco! Coco holds oxygen even when saturated with water so you can have larger "root bound" plants but they arent techincally bound because you can pretty much flood the roots with water and they will still get the o2 they need. Its pretty cool! Love the versatility of coco.

Hoping to make MGO an organic coco convert! Come to club coco MGO! Its paradise! Here is a pic of a budsicle i did.
IMAG2115_1.jpg

looking forward to going straight into a fiver!! I will transplant only once, thank you for that great info!!

If you have the head room id go to 5 gal and see how long it takes to fill it with roots. Their growing really fast so you may end up with some monster trees. Remember you can always super crop if you need to.

You guys convinced me!! Lets grow trees!! Without runoff i wont need a catch anyways!!

I got 22zs in 5 gal, 14 zs in 3 gal, with same light & nutes, so i'd suggest 5 gal., if you got the same 6.5 ft. height as me. With training, height shouldn't be a problem. And I wouldn't transplant till they are root bound in the starter pots. And I swear by the great white at transplant time, and during grow. And after your grow, I'm hoping to swear by MightyGrow . You know I wish you the best !! :surf:

Thanks sp!! Im impressed so far! Its so much better then what i was doing before. I can already see the difference
Cool man !! I was going to buy it for my outside plants, but funds are tight, so i'll watch you take it for a test drive. So you're not using the vortex brewer now ?:morenutes:

Definitely will be using the brewer just busy. Have to get brewing though! I cant wait to see some buds but i can see myself using mgo for my core growing and doing aero for breeding/ quick flips.

Moved the girls under the blurple in the closet. Hoping for the best with the transition. This light was burning my other girls. The afghan should be fine though! Due to heat and higher usage rates im going to glr light schedual.

Wow those leaves are standing straight up!!! Nice start to what looks like an awesome grow.

Hey thanks pw! They always seem to do great under t5 but the transition to blurple is sometimes rough. I moved the girls to the tent. Temp is a little better and light is a little higher. Ill move them back soon. Im going to have the tent vent set to the closet. Doing it seems to help but need some plywood to keep the light in.

Those are some happy lookin babies! Nicely done!

Thanks bg! MG is making it very easy!

Will post pics tonight!

Back
Top Bottom