BillyBlaze22's 1st Grow - GG/GDP Tent Run In Soil

Thanks Shiggity.

Ya it was weird man I only found 2 out of like 16 or so plants and i really have been going over them being all freaked out with those spots of PWM. There doent seem to be any more but they are not up yet so I cant give as look at them yet today.

when I saw those little spots of PWM but I must have got it fast nuff and I removed not only those leaves but and material those leaves could have contacted then wipe down plants one at a time each night and wipe down the tent before firin them back in. I also ordered that organacide and it showed up yesterday so I gave them a spray with that last night and think I am safe.

:wood:

Thanks Young Yoda and it is funny you mention LED's cuz I am working my way to replacing my current lights with LED lights one at a time and I just ordered a Perfect Sun Dwarf Star from Neil for this smaller area I cleared out to be able to use. Shigity likes his PS1K and getting good results and Rusty Shackleford has grow vids of the Dawrf Star and he seems to be liking his as well.

Plus I just like seeing guys like that make it who have worked hard and not afraid to lay it out there makin it work and heck he even stands behind his product and if afetr 90 days you are not happy with ite performance you can return it. I mean common, who the hell does that for ANY product anymore LO L

Dam can totally tell I am bout 1/2 into that bottle of jack cuz I get to babblin on lol hope your gardens are blowin up and lookin great :)

Peace

0022919.JPG

0052463.JPG

0042615.JPG

0013019.JPG

Looking beautious man. Hats off to your first grow. I'll tag along if you don't mind, good sir.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Is that Black Diamond LED Billy? Thanks for the word I am looking at LED units myself. My two little panels I got from mars hydro for 70 each lol cheap af but they work pretty good. The penetration is where you pay though.

Also it's a different game growin with LED they chew through cal/mag, need different distance from lights or will bleach, I have heard it that plant biochemistry actually changes slightly under LED etc.. So be careful. pssh what I am saying tho with results like this:thumb:

Thanks all :)

Ya I kinda have a constant battle with H2O, to the point I have a huge note on my wipeboard calling myself a dipshit and to knock it off. Well I did until my girl wiped it clean and left hate mail tellin me to keep my dickgrabbers OFF her plant

"OR ELSE!"

She said I knocked frost off a couple of her leaves and is convinced I am pawin all over her plant or something LOL

I did cut back on nutes like you guys were saying to like 75% of what the FF chart I have been going on cuz that was the 1st time I went to 100% and it was prob just to much which is kinda weird since that was what the recomend but I imagine they are saying that to push more to the plants but not really sure.

Thanks Young Yoda !

Right now I have been using a 4ft 8 bulb T5 for veg and a 600W hps for flower. I jst moved a few things around and opened up bout a 2x4 area and going to start changing over to LED as not only are there some benifits that will really help for my over all grow area but looking at some of the grow vids journals and talking to them they are killin it!

Neil, Rusty, Shiggity along with the stuff Growmau and Greengeens among others all have been showing so good stuff and are very helpful

I just ordered a Black Diamond Dwarf Star and will be grabbing a 2nd along with building a DiY (was going to build 1/2 of the array and use it for like a month then order 2nd half of it to end up with the full deal and add upp lights like far red ect as I can) and then a Perfect Sun 1k to finish off my garden. I just don't have the cash to drop all at once and can do this in steps like 30 or 45 days between droppin cash.

I think I will be happy with that and it will be ok. I am totally sure there are prob 50 diff/better ways I could do it but a guy does a ton of research and talking to ppl and at some point just have to say ya this is what direction I want to go LOL

It kinda sounds like I am all over the place when talking to them but just to make use of my layout and to work toward the overall set up I want to end up with I am sure I look like a tool but in the end I think I will be happy with it and hopefully I can redeem myself

Thanks for to love guys

Peace

So I moved a few things around to open a 30x58 area and am looking at LED's.

I have been looking at the Perfect Sun Dwarf Star or one of the DIY kits along the lines of what Growmau built and my thoughts were I could put together a 5 CoBB set up (adding the add lights he has) and can build on that or build a 10 CoBB to replace the light in my 4x4 later or do a Perfect Sun 1K in there with a mover.

I see Timber is doing a semi pre built set up that is along same lines I could build but have not looked to see if they are using top bin ect but that may be a way I could go as well.

I was thinking about grabbing a mover for whatever I pick up or if I went with one of the DiY set ups I was going to make them modular so I may not need a mover but depending on costs of what I end up on I still think I may pick one up.

One of the things that kinda makes me want to go the DiY route is just that fact that I since I was 13 I have been building sprint cars hot rods and race cars so I have this thing about wanting to "tinker" with shit (just ask the 1st couple plants i got and me pickin at them until I got that out of my system) and think it would be fun to do but some of the ones built are so nice it is almost like why do that right now when I could just buy one and fire it up.

I am sure there are a lot of other options that would work for what I want to do, like maybe some of the newer Mars or others, so anyone that is or has ran some LED set ups feel free to gimmie your thoughts. I was trying to come in around $500, or less of course so I would not have to sacrifice beer $ for the next 6 months LOL.

Thanks for the input it is just so dam hard to go through all the good/bad/bullshit on the web on any subject but it seems like this along with the whole auto flower subject as well, is very divided on opinions.

As someone just getting going and researching this stuff it almost seems to me that anyone that has tried either of those 5+ yrs ago say both are total shit and almost seem to have a pre conceived notion that they are all crap even with the changes they have undergone in that time. Those that have gave the newer stuff a shot seem to be for the most part happy with either and have had good results.

I have never experienced LED grown until very recently. My buddy Far East Buds has brought me multiple strains he has grown under them and lemme tell ya it's fantastic. I am currently using his old 600 watt HID lighting system for flower and small leds for veg room and even though they are not top of the line I know they work. I am aware that one of the main reasons he moved away from HID lights to grow with LEDS was the heat factor. But I do know one thing fo sure. They work and grow great weed.

P.S. Subbin up for your grow here bud.

Ya it is going to be a bit till have everything swapped over but will get this one in next few days and will either grab another in a couple weeks or start on a DiY deal idk, I just have to see. It isn't a huge hurry now it is more of a want. This one was a need and here is why lol.....

If I win the lottery whatever I don't use wisely (it clearly is NOT waste on) hookers and booze I will donate a slash fund

:thumb:

0121191.JPG

0111326.JPG

0101505.JPG

0091652.JPG

0062186.JPG

0042618.JPG

0032803.JPG

0022924.JPG

I am at like maximum capacity and Rowdy is not giving up one more inch of space, he is already total pissed I moved his bed.

Oh and after 3 hours, 6 Jack and Cokes, one smashed keyboard and a bajillion dabs I finish a vidya..... think I am goign to have to fire the entire editing/audio dept those guys are idiots

[video=youtube;63HL-VyZPcE]
[/video]

So been crazy busy the last week or so but now that have the wraped up I can get caught up. Just a couple pix and I will do a larger update sometime this weekend.

Have a couple weeks or so left on this run and I got to thinking and it just seemed best to change a few things for next run

I need to spend the next day or two cleaning up the changes I have been working on to make better use of the area I have to work with.

0013029.JPG

0022932.JPG

016810.JPG

017732.JPG

Moved around a bunch of stuff and whatnot so I will try and do a good update this weekend and I needed to get some thoughts on a few things

Hope everyones gardens are rippin it up and everyone is well.

Very sorry Jacob and she is going out there friday when her sister gets to town so will try and dig that dam thing up to fire off to you Sorry bout that man

PS this is like the day after I got my Dwarf Star and after a week or so under it my plants are LOVING that thing so ....

Been thrashin and haven't had time to check out how every ones gardens are doin, let alone update my junk, but with all the madskillz out there I am sure you all are pissin off yer better half with all the sticky fingerprints everywhere

:tokin:

Here is a short vidya I took last week (my editing skillz leave a bit to be desired) and I will post up some pix after moving crap around and a few things I changed once it does not look like a bomb went off in here and I can shovel the last of this 6 Gallons of S**t into this 5 Gallon bucket

LOL

[video=youtube;8Vw2VGHYxuo]
[/video]

Peace

I wish my first grow looked that good. :)

Not a bad idea you had about moving the Dwarf Star back and forth inches. It would even let you drop the light an inch or two closer to the buds.

Just keep an eye out for light stress because the Perfect Sun spectrum is super efficient.

Thanks for the kind words guys and with the way I paw all over these dam things every night I am suprised they don't look like Charlie Browns X Mas Tree. Like seriously I need a time lock or something cuz I am going to have the window and zipper worn out

LOL

I got the other light up and tent running this mornin at like 4 but want to clean up a few things b4 I take any pix/vidya so I don't look so ghetto in here.

Thanx again for those lights Neil !! I dig them man and my plants do to

Ya when I said I was going to put that other mover up I probly wasn't very clear, I just ment to move back and forth a couple inches so more of a "adjuster" than mover LOL I have the 1K like 24in or so above plants and was just going to adjust from there. I wasn't sure if they kind of need to get used to a diff type of light.

Now I need to shorten the list of seeds I want to order to a more reasonable level.....

Is the PS 1000 on at least a 3 foot mover?

If so, They should handle two feet away. If they are younger plants, I would start at 3 feet away. 2 feet away started to bleach my younger plants, and I have it on a 6 foot mover, covering 8 feet in length because it hangs over if you set the stoppers at the end of th mover.

Ya I have it on a 6ft inteldrive 4.0 and I set it at like 30 delay but will check it out better tonight when lights come on I was kinda building around it last night/this morning

LOL

I have my younger plants under t5 atm cuz my Dwarf Star has been pulling double duty and works perfect for the size of those areas. My grow area is pretty small and has to be laid out kinda funky but have everything pretty sorted now

Cool. Keep an eye on the plants at the edge, where the light stops for 30 seconds. If the top leaves start to lighten up, reduce the time.

Mine started to bleach at 30 seconds. Right now I have them at 15 seconds or so.

I look forward to seeing what you do with the lights. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom