BillyBlaze22's 1st Grow - GG/GDP Tent Run In Soil

I think you are lying about this being your first grow!:rofl: I agree with heirloom on everything he has said, that clawing is excess nitrogen so back off on that as it may affect your trich level. But the training I see is spot on and you are keeping the plants low enough that they would do great with LED.

As far as LED choice I think you have two equally optimal choices. The timber kits are not much more than you could do building yourself and hey are pretty darn sweet. If you go this route and can add some blue and red, I think supplemented white is my choice for a great spectrum.

If you go Perfect sun 500 or dwarf star you will be golden as well. I am proud of neil for offering a good dollar/watt ratio on his lights and love my PS1000, but I think either one you choose will do amazing things for you.

So you cant go wrong either company you choose. And both are here on the forum so customer service will be just a PM away!

I am really stoked to see your cleanliness, organization, and plants in all stages of development. Killing it brother. Killing it. I am a fan.

Thanks Beast :)

So I am looking at how long they say flower time is on GG and GDP, realizing that their timelime is prob faily optimistic hehe, but I have seen that GG is a 8-9 week flower and GDP 8-8.5 or something. I am closing in on wk 6 (not counting the first wk after flip, not so sure if spose to count that one or not LOL) but I was wondering if there were any nutes or additional supliments I should be adding at this point.

All Tric are still clear ect right now and I have been using the FF liquid trio and granular trio as well. The only other thing I really add is on days I do not feed I add some CalMag and Great White Michrowhatchacallits.

They all seem happy and healthy :wood: but was wondering if in the last 3 weeks or there is something I may want to add to halp buff up Bud/Stickies as close in on finish.

Thanks for everyones help along the way and input. Really having fun with this and to be honest kinda suprised that my babbies are looking good for clones I grabbed off random guys on Flakeslist (not nearly as many options for grabbing clones as farther N/S or the valley like Bako/Fresno).

I have plenty of cuts from these to keep rolling with them but I am looking at doing a seed order to get some Autos for new area and a couple Photo strains neither of which I have really narrowed down all to much yet so I need to sit down and sort that crap out as well since I am just wasting space that I could be putting to work.

Anyways any thoughts are welcome and thanks

:peace:

Thanx for the kind words Shiggity but the few long sleepless nights like when I took my 1st cuttings and put them in rappidrooters but rather than cutting them to use like a clamshell, sticking them in the holes and having to get up every couple hours to water/mist them cuz roots kept drying out would beg to differ on the 1st grow thing LOL.

:oops:

On the light deal the only reason i am kinda strugglin on best way to go is on one hand I want to make use of this area asap and I think a PS DS or 500 on a mover would blow up this spot (a 1k just would be to much for the room i have atm) and it looks like Rusty is having good luck and liking the DS he is doing a run with. Plus I would like to help Neil out cuz he seems to work pretty hard helping out the comunity and looks to have a nice product from what you guys are doing with them.

On the other I have tried to kinda keep a eye toward my next grow and improving what I am working with so there is a ton of appeal to what Dan and Timber has to offer as I could build a set up for this and build onto it as funds (why can't we all just be rich) open up and replace my 600W and at that point I would pick up a DS or 500.

It sort of sounds like i am all over the map on this but I am less mixed up than I appear or at least I hope I am haha

It is funny you mention Dynasty, I actually was looking at I think it was Huckleberry?? that you had talked about was good for consentrates and I think the other I was looking at was Bluniverse this morning after catching up on your grow this AM. I was thinking about grabbing some DJ Short Blueberry some Autos and then a 3rd strain and then I could run one strain in each area which I would think makes it smoother grow since all plants will mature at same rate, be aprox same height and build and so on.

FFS just reading this makes even me think the dude writting it is a babblin fool...

One thing i do need to pick up is my seed germ game, I have got to where I am happy with the sucsess rate of my cuttings but the few seeds i have germed I am hitting under 50% and if a guy can't be better than a coin flip at ANYTHING in life you suck LOL I think I have got a better handle on it now and have some bag seed i am going to do a dry run on in the next few days so we shall see..

Thanx for the kind words Shiggity but the few long sleepless nights like when I took my 1st cuttings and put them in rappidrooters but rather than cutting them to use like a clamshell, sticking them in the holes and having to get up every couple hours to water/mist them cuz roots kept drying out would beg to differ on the 1st grow thing LOL.

On the light deal the only reason i am kinda strugglin on best way to go is on one hand I want to make use of this area asap and I think a PS DS or 500 on a mover would blow up this spot (a 1k just would be to much for the room i have atm) and it looks like Rusty is having good luck and liking the DS he is doing a run with. Plus I would like to help Neil out cuz he seems to work pretty hard helping out the comunity and looks to have a nice product from what you guys are doing with them.

On the other I have tried to kinda keep a eye toward my next grow and improving what I am working with so there is a ton of appeal to what Dan and Timber has to offer as I could build a set up for this and build onto it as funds (why can't we all just be rich) open up and replace my 600W and at that point I would pick up a DS or 500.

It sort of sounds like i am all over the map on this but I am less mixed up than I appear or at least I hope I am haha

It is funny you mention Dynasty, I actually was looking at I think it was Huckleberry?? that you had talked about was good for consentrates and I think the other I was looking at was Bluniverse this morning after catching up on your grow this AM. I was thinking about grabbing some DJ Short Blueberry some Autos and then a 3rd strain and then I could run one strain in each area which I would think makes it smoother grow since all plants will mature at same rate, be aprox same height and build and so on.

FFS just reading this makes even me think the dude writting it is a babblin fool...

One thing i do need to pick up is my seed germ game, I have got to where I am happy with the sucsess rate of my cuttings but the few seeds i have germed I am hitting under 50% and if a guy can't be better than a coin flip at ANYTHING in life you suck LOL I think I have got a better handle on it now and have some bag seed i am going to do a dry run on in the next few days so we shall see..

look in my current thread for a rapid rooter germ method that has given me 100% of 25 seeds so far.

So I went to clean up a bit of the undergrowth and small stuff on the lower part of a couple plants I was changing to 12/12 and saw 2 or 3 very small areas with white powdery mold!

ACK!! :yikes:

I removed any leaf with any sign at all or that looked like could contact the few leafs that had signs of it and hit them all with a sprayin of nEEm. I think I got everything/maybe plucked a bit more than needed but would rather take a bit xtra to nip it than not enuff and fight it.

I double checked my temps/Humidity over last few days hi/low temps 63/83 hi/low humidity 35%/55%.

Now my bigger worry. I had just moved 2 plants from that tent into my flower tent, they had no signs of anything when I moved them or in the following day or two. My lights are not due to come on for another 2 hrs so I went inside with my geeky greenheadlight and flashlight and did find 3 leafs with very small spots it looked like but couldn't be 100% sure so I removed them and any close leaves along with the leaves it looked like they may have been able to contact on the plants next to them again I may have pluckt a few xtra, not going crazy or anything like that but just a few that I was worried may have touched.

I will not be able to really get a good look until my light comes on but is it ok to spray them with nEEm or is there something else I should use? I was worried about doing any kind of foliare like that with them in flower in fear of making the flowers taste like poo.

Or maybe I am trippin over nothing but I am very worried something like this could spread pretty fast like spores in the air or something. Not sure how I got it in the first place I have or thought I had pretty good ventilation and temps/humidity in check. I removed all signs and close leafs and pulled everything out of tent and douched it out good beforwe putting plants back in but can't get to my flower plants yet and it is making me nervous LOL

Thanks for any input

Right on thanx bro.

I did some reading and since the hydro store is closed for the day I think I will do a spray of organic apple cider vinegar to do what I can tonight (have read NeeM works too but don't really want to spray the flower with that I think) and I had found this stuff called No Powdery Mildew while reading up so that sounds like may be best way to go and then if still have a issue try one of those sulfur burners.

For tonight I will do that spray and another good cleaning of tent to try and curb any progression and hit my boy up at the hydro shop in the mornin. Hopefully I caught it early nuff that I can get it in control and not have to harvest early or something.

If push come to shove and had to chop early it is just a learning opportunity the way I look at it and stuff like this is really what runnin a garden is I spose as the other stuff is pretty easy and straight forward. I don't think it will come to that at all but just if it did I am set up to where I shouldn't skip a beat carryin on.

What sux is I know (err well pretty sure i know lol) exactly what happened. I had 2 plants I was waiting to move my Prop area and also get another area sorted to flower before I took cuttings along with cleaning up the lower/inner stuff that wouldn't really develope and there was just so much plant material that I should have opened up to get better air flow to that area even though I have a lot of air moving and plants dancing there was just to much crap in the way blocking and it was going to get trimmed for 12/12 anyways so I was a dipshit for waitin

Anyways thanx and I think I talked myself in off the ledge... HAHA

Just was looking at this thing I had like trained out to get more ups and I did get a bunch but think I may go to larger pot from this 5 gal it has been vegging in for like ever.

0032786.JPG

0022904.JPG

There is a ton of Colas and would be nice in a scrog/net I think but they are kinda skinny, not weak or anything and they are about the size of a 3/16 welding rod, so maybe they won't be tiny buds but don't think they will be all fat either LOL. Will prob just flower it and I have 2 GDP that I need to take cuttings and kinda thin out in a couple spots and flower as well. They are about 24in from top of soil to top of plant which is a bit taller than the other GDP in flower and it didn't seem like those stretched all that much but will have to look in my deal to see how much

0062175.JPG

0052452.JPG

I just plain started getting rdy for next grow to early so kinda over ran atm but I spose that is better that starting to prep to late LOL

I wish the dang hydro dude got up early for work like I do so I can make sure this powdery mild crap will not raise its ugly head again.

I want to first say that you have a green thumb for sure.

I don't like to try to sell my lights on threads, but I don't mind offering advice on them.

The DS and 500 are not powerful enough to be on a mover. Putting it on a mover wouldn't help. The 1000 right now is the only light I have designed to be so powerful that it must be on a mover, otherwise it will burn plants, even at 2.5 feet away from plants. However, on a mover, you can put it 18 inches away, after they are ready for intense light.

It is really something new. A LED light that is so powerful it actually "needs" a light mover. I want to come out the Perfect Sun Max Yield, which will basically be the 1000 with one or two more modules on it. I want to see if I can get it to cover 8x5 feet on a mover.

For micro growers, I have been working and testing a design that uses under 100w. Trying to get footprint of 3x2. I will be doing a micro grow with in in a cardboard box. Going to be cool for one plant.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

-- as far as your plants, I imagine you already fed them a PK booster.

Oh, for PM, I Sulfur Burning works really well. If the plants have it in veg, I recommend a good product that is systemic like Eagle 20 because PM is a disease that lives inside the plant.

If they are in flower, that is not an option. You ca sulfur burn in flower. Just be sure to not burn sulfur if you have sprayed plants with any oil based products.

An oil based product I like to use during flower is organic and really controls the PM well. Organicide sold at Wilco. It is basically fish oil and a few other nature products. It smells like shit, but works. You have to spray like every 2 weeks. Be sure to wash the buds when yo harvest.

After a couple nights and dragging every thing out of my tents to wash down walls, plants lights and just douche out all my gro areas that plants are and have not had any signs of WPM and all seems to be back sorted. I was trippin out fearing that stuff was going to/could over take all my plants and tents but it seems like I have it in check now

After being up all night on a cleaning binge my day got off to a ruff start although that was in no way Billys fault and I would put it on Sages mother and sister for harshing me out with their sense of humor or the lack of it while Billy was stuck in full "70's trucker slang" and raining down a barrage or insults Ala' "Smokey and the Bandit" styling onto her brother after watching it with them for their first time last night.

I totally fixt her ass though when we headed out this AM and she was all bent so Billy had it and "screw this pull over I will just walk back to the house". "Oh yer goign to walk huh"? "Yep, pull yer madass over!" (I even threw in a "peace out" for good measure) LOL

As she pealed out as she left I realized she had taken a diff route than nromal heading down there and Billy was about 4 miles from his house and NOT the 3 blocks it was from the route it normally would have been ..... and of course I had to throw in the "peace out " to boot. LOL no wonder she was all snarky when i was tellin her I'll just walk and I can just hear her tellin her friends "and the he said he was goign to walk and peace out. So I just left his dumass there and he CAN walk home".... dammit the whole time I was thinkin I was sortin her out but obviously she was like 3 steps ahead of me :oops:

Anyways it was just kinda funny cuz the moment she pealed off it dawned on me we had gone the other way and I was screwed hehe.

I did order up a PS Dwarf Star this after noon so I am all jact up to fire that thing in my deal when it gets here. Thanks to Rusty and Shiggity for the feedback on how they were digging theirs :thumb: Same to Neil of course.

Grabbing this should work well for that area and I was going to put it on a mover so it should perform well and I wanted to end up with a couple PS and a DiY kit like Growmau's eventually so this lets me make use of my area imeadiatly and I can start piecing my DiY kit together as I round up parts. I had sent Timber a email but had not heard back yet but wanted to get this other area up and running ASAP as it was just wasted space until I did so this will get me on the way to what I want to end up with.

Anyways kinda long winded, no substance post but kinda faded and excited to get another area going. Have plants that have been vegging for like 6-7 weeks all set to fill out under my new light and was going to run some of these Autos I had and next run I was going to run one strain auto in one 2x4 and look into some of the strains ya'll been runnin along with some DJ Short Blueberry we ordered up other night so I am sure i will be bugging some of you bout a photo and auto strain that has been good to you in the past.

BlahBlahBlah ... Anyways hope everyone has a nice weekend, mine turned out a lot better than thought it was going to after my uhhh brief slip in judgement looking b4 I leap and having to walk my ass across town with Rowdy and why the hell did I have to throw in the "peace out". I just know her and her girlfriends will be givign me crap for the next month over that crap LOL

peace :)

Hey thanks Neil :)

Ya the reason I had mention a mover is I got 2 used ones from some chick that won a storrage unit auction for like super cheap and the only footprint of the area I opened up is basically 2x4 more or less and I had thought since I had one sitting here if I put a DS (which I ordered yesterday WooT!) which had a footprint of 3x3.5 on it and just limited its movement to 6 inches total movement 3in in either direction) or so it would work. Since it is a closet and I enclosed it kinda like your garage I could put a plant or two less and not use the edges or just shuffle them around when I turn the plants each time I water.

I sent ya a email as I saw after ordering you were temp out of stock of the DS so if you have a 500 I could just fire you of the diff in price on one of those if it will be a bit until you have more DS but I am sure there is not a huge lag time between restocking and stuff so just hit me up with a email or phn call

Not in huge hurry to get my light and probly not long between your restocking times but I am like over ran pretty much atm and it is kind of starting to impact me prepping for next run when this one finishes. Mind you my over ran and yours is vastly diffrent I am sure LOL, but like right now I have enuff preped to flip my 4x4, 2x4 tents and this 2x4 area to 12/12. Sadly a 1k just is not a option for me they way everything is laid out ect right now.

On that PWM I could just be trippin over it making it a bigger deal than it was since it was only a very few spots on a couple leafs but I was worried something like that could really take off in right conditions and not addressed.

I pull each plant out like once a week and kinda look them over/do normal gardening crap and saw it so removed them and any material that they could have contacted then washed each plant down with a apple vinegar / H2O spray followed by a NeeM/H2O spray. I washed down all growing areas, filter covers and pre filter covers that feed my areas before firing the p[lants back in. The flowering plants I did not neem I just sprayed them down with Vin/H2O mix then H2O only spray and left outside to dry before putting those back in. You had mentioned that PWM actually lives inside the plant so maybe I just got lucky/caught it soon enuff/over reacted but there has been no sign since that and I have been pulling them out to look over each day.

I just had like a nightmare of that crap getting in bud sites and going crazy so I prob went a little far but figured that is better than coming up short. Think I am going to order up some of that Organicide just to be safe and to have it on hand for next time something pops up.

Being like totally new when I geared up and planed out stuff I thought to avoid as many issues I could "self create" I went with like one line of products so that any unwanted reactions could be kept to a minimum.

I have been using the fox farms food and chart and am on collum 9 of this feed chart and week to week only use the products for that week of chart each time. I started off using like 50% str they recomend then went to 75% and this week was first time I have actually used 100%. I am prob just being a tripper on some of this stuff but in general I have tried to be a bit on the conservative side since I would think any of my ufck ups would be less likely to be fatal to my babbies :laughtwo:

I use bigbloom, grow big and tiger bloom liquids and open seasme, beastie bloomz and cha ching dry.

Feeding 2 times then water 1. So feed twice then water ect but not sure if it would be better to do every other or maybe 3 to 1 I really am not sure about feedings/aditonal nutes ect so any thoughts are welcome.

On days I do not feed I use Cal Mag, Great White, Rhizotonic (I kinda stoped using this like 2 weeks or so into 12/12 photo period).

I spray them down with H2O everyday or two and H2O/NeeM once a week, again I stopped using NeeM a couple weeks after goign 12/12 because that shit reeks and I was afraid my buds would forever taste like that crap LOL

Feeding Schedules - Language Sorted - FoxFarm Soil & Fertilizer Company

That really is all I use at any point a side from when x planting and use like castings, BM Kelp and crap but ya thats all I use so far.

If there is any other nutes or anything I should be doing any input from anyone who has thoughts is for sure a big help.

Thanks again to all you guys for the help and on a personal note I think I need to go have a beer as I am still a bit sore from my long ass trek yesterday btu I showed her :p

LMAO

So ya, anyone who happens to stop by do me a favor and get off your comp for 15 min and call a friend you haven't talk to in a couple years. Not later, not tonight, now. That just may be the right time to do so.

RIP Bryan. Love you Lauren

peace

I guess that grade scale is pretty steep. Two grades up and we've got some magnificent specimens of green bud making machines. You've certainly got things on pace for an epic first grow,sure sounds like you went big instead of going home. My favourite saying around here is if go cheap you'll grow cheap. My hat's off to your ladies... :bravo:
I'll have to read up on all the posts, I just did a picture scan... And wow!

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thanks Snidrajsed that is very nice of you :)

It makes it so much fun and less stressed with everyone helpin out anytime something pops up.

I think i may need a new tent after this run as I will have the zipper and velcro around tent window totally worn out with my non stop peeking in watching the grass grow...

LOL

Here are a few pix I grabbed b4 lights out this AM. This SuperSkunk main Cola is getting bigger, it just trips me out cuz the leaves on the inner part of the plant really have looked funky and if the outter ones looked like that I would be in panic mode but she is lovign life so spose it is ok since been that way from the start

0042611.JPG

0013015.JPG

0111324.JPG

0121189.JPG

So this will sound silly prob but since I had those few spots of PWM and douched out everything I have been pulling each plant out and giving them a looking over to make sure it is not wanting to do battle again and found this

0013016.JPG

So like everyone else I have gotten medz before that had a random seed in like a zip and never really thought twice. Now seeing 2 of those in total after looking at all my plants I am not really sure what to think or how much I should be trippin..

I only found 2 and I have been looking at them pretty thoroughly, bending them fairly hard so I could get a good look inside the buds. Is this a issue or is it common for that to happen and nothing to flip out on. My light are on timers @12/12 photo period and that has not deviated. I was careful not to do anything stupid when I removed them and put them in a baggie to toss out after looking at them. All my plants ATM are clones and female so not sure whats up if anything even is.

I did squeeze them while they were locked away in the baggie and were very soft/uderdeveloped not hard and firm.

Thnx again for any thoughts

Peace

Thnx

Back
Top Bottom