Birdie's Return To Life

Copied from a seed bank:

Seed Storage
Seeds are best stored long-term in a cool and dry place. A refrigerator at 5-8°C/41-46.5°F is ideal. Do not freeze the seeds as they may be damaged when they thaw. Place your seeds in a zip bag and small tupperware box to ensure that they remain dry. You can also put some rice or a bag of desiccant into the tupperware box to absorb any accidental moisture. Mandala seeds can remain viable for 3+ years with little or no loss in germination. This is a biological product and we cannot predict or guarantee the length of viability.

Happy Valentines from Mama and I Angry Bird, we’re glad to watch you having fun with this thread . We love the support you getting, couldn’t happen to a better person! Keep up all the support you give !
:green_heart::circle-of-love::green_heart:
That is the most beautiful thing I have heard today :hug:
Hope she is ok :hug:
Copied from a seed bank:

Seed Storage
Seeds are best stored long-term in a cool and dry place. A refrigerator at 5-8°C/41-46.5°F is ideal. Do not freeze the seeds as they may be damaged when they thaw. Place your seeds in a zip bag and small tupperware box to ensure that they remain dry. You can also put some rice or a bag of desiccant into the tupperware box to absorb any accidental moisture. Mandala seeds can remain viable for 3+ years with little or no loss in germination. This is a biological product and we cannot predict or guarantee the length of viability.

Thank you, I knew there must be a reason for Em to fo so (even though she forgot why :))
Happy Valentines Day!
Happy indeed Granpa :hug:
Hope yours are too:love:

:love::battingeyelashes::kisstwo::love::kisstwo::battingeyelashes::love:

Ok Here is a link to bigsur thread

And here are some quotes from the first few pages of it on his seed storage

Seeds in a baggie will likely die after a few years. Pollen dies after a just a few days. Unless... you freeze it. If frozen and kept dry, seeds will last for many decades, if not a century or more. I read somewhere early on that freezing seeds would make them last forever. So I did that and that has worked. I also labeled and kept the seeds separate, so I would know what I was growing in the future. Pollen will last up to 2 years in the freezer if it is dry, then it is a goner. The problem with pollen is getting and keeping it dry enough and fast enough not to clump or rot.
I saw a documentary from the Svalbard Global Seed Vault (If ya'll don't know about this, it's definitely worth a google search) and they pack the seeds in plastic bags or plastic jars and put them in their massive freezer, so I guess plain jars/boxes/bags is the way to go
My seeds are stored in mini manila envelopes in plastic bags. They are all in a snap lid plastic card file case, and that is wrapped in several plastic bags. Been that way for near 40 years now. They remain highly viable. Actually, the older the seeds, the harder the seed case gets. So the older they get, the less likely they are apt to have problems with any moisture. Which can also lead to problems germinating and why you need to nick or scratch old seeds before planting them.

Sorry, this caught my eye:
"I read somewhere early on that freezing seeds would make them last forever. So I did that and that has worked. "
I had no idea forever has already come and gone!

Lol oh shed! :rofl: You make me chuckle! I’m not there yet, but 40years probably feels like forever ago! Lol there was a link to some 32000 year old seed scientists got germinated lol

In my own stoner logic, I always thought freezing seeds would be the best route to go for longevity as long as no moisture was present.... my only reason is the seeds would be in a sort of “hibernation” state... then upon defrost/water/soil it would naturally kick start the germination process.... think about the mountainous regions cannabis grew, seeds would drop on ground, be covered with snow/cold and then sprout again come spring... anyways... someone take one of these I’m rambling, sorry birdie! :lot-o-toke:

Sorry, this caught my eye:
"I read somewhere early on that freezing seeds would make them last forever. So I did that and that has worked. "
I had no idea forever has already come and gone!
:laugh::rofl::laugh:
And Pjs.. No worries, ramble on :)

Back
Top Bottom