Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

Congrats on the helmet removal procedure and the new tail! Turns out seeds don't need to sink after all I guess.

it didn't look good at all. of course the last seed i dropped was the best looking of the bunch. it'll go just to spite me .. :p

There goes symmetry!

3 rows - 3 plants up the middle, and 2 staggered between either side should fit great.

ha ! adhd and ocd to the rescue ! :cheesygrinsmiley:

i been misting them down with little RO and calmag a few times a day. gonna switch that for a weak foliar at 1/2 the MC dose for seedlings. actual mix is .25g/L, i mix a 1/2 g in to a 2L jug. i'll hit them with that for about a wk or so, before a first feed. it doesn't do much, the leaves aren't large enough to really make use of a foliar right now, but it puts a tiny a bit of nutrient in to the media. weak enough that nothing burns.

excellent little primer on wee seedling care,, i need a constant reminder on how to make full use of these early days

cheers friend,, :thanks:

:volcano-smiley:

Congrats on the helmet removal procedure and the new tail! Turns out seeds don't need to sink after all I guess.

There goes symmetry!

ya know,, i semi recently changed the way i germinate my seeds, after years of doing the 'sink' routine.

i do the same in a glass of water, but i let the seed float, actually make sure it floats,, it will split and grow on the surface, without fear of drowning,, which can happen

i recommend trying it,, it works oh so very well

oh,, and i now never germinate a seed without out roughing up the splitting side first, with sandpaper,, ver carefully, y'all know the routine

i simply lately have had so many seeds not want to split,, till i removed them from the water, dried em a bit and sanded the seam,, then, presto, usually within an hour,, it splits and all is well,,

oh,, and i now never germinate a seed without out roughing up the splitting side first, with sandpaper,, ver carefully, y'all know the routine

i rough mine with a matchbook cover.

Sandpaper usually, but in a pinch whatever is handy that will work.

I keep a couple sheets in my seedling kit now though.

the first cbdream would not stay under the media.

i kept pushing it under as it was stubbornly hanging on to the shell and wanted to poke up. i got lucky and it managed to shed the helmet itself. now we'll see if it unfolds and greens up. will still peg it in the hopeful column for now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

helmet heads are kinda common in hempy. the media is a bit loose, and i don't think the seedling runs in to as much resistance on the way up. i've also had them fall deeper in the media and open up under the surface.

really hoped the second gorilla glue would have shed the top without my help as well. it was forced open too early, and is a little gnarled, but should be fine.

the cots hadn't even sorted themselves out before the first set wanted to spring. :p

the final cbream seed tailed sometime last night. i hempy cupped it first thing this morning. then adjusted my veg room heater. it's been below 0c a few days in a row. got it stable at 22 - 23c, it can get down to about 19c at night.

the one gorilla glue and all the powerplant are with us for sure. i just have to not screw it up from here forward.

powerplant

gorilla glue

color looks good. everyone is tiny. soil seedlings always look to come in quicker and larger to me. hempy takes a while to catch, but then ramps way faster.

everyone but the cbdream cups got a super weak feed. about 1/2 dose recommended for seedling. was gonna use it as a top spray / foliar, but i had my spray mister bottles all monopolized. went with a feed instead. it's just to get some background nutes in there. i'm still misting them with the RO and calmag a couple 3 times a day.

they might get the weak feed once or twice more before graduating to seedling strength. should be there by next wk. it will all depend on how established they are.

seven on deck for now. likely all will go. i'm confident in the cbdream. cbd plants always seem to be some of the toughest, they are always an easier grow for me once going.

noticed my light sat lower than i thought. i re-measured and found i'm only 24 inches from the cups, not 30. not a big deal as i'm on a dimmer and running 50%, but i will probably drop the floor when the last two come in. the stalks have a little stretch, but the first sets may stay sandwiched down closer to the cots.

:happy-birthday: to your new ones!

hiya felipe. glad you been doing well. love your outdoor harvest.

thinking about some kind of outdoor next yr. would have to be started and established inside here. and we deal with low temps and late moisture. but would be nice to try get a haul. thinking a cbd run maybe.

I’m liking the idea of summer flowering - thus getting the best light, and avoiding rain (no rain in the summer where I live) and dew/mold in the fall.

This would be the schedule for my latitude:

Start seedlings indoors (under CFL) at the beginning of May, and set out around May 22 (when we get about 15.5 hrs of light and an average DLI of 50-55), veg until June 21, and then start light dep until July 24, when flowering is naturally triggered here.

On June 21, we get almost 16 hours of daylight, and about 15-1/4 on July 24, so less than an hour of light dep is needed each night for a month. At that point, flowering will continue, so light dep is no longer necessary. Most strains would finish by late August/early September (a month earlier than usual).

our 12/12 comes late for the temps. nights are frost killers. midwest pariries. you can grow through a frost or two, but you run the risk of a hard feeze.

also there can be late season rain that is just total bud rot heartbreak. loads make it though. some seasons it is a matter of abundance over quality. it gets knocked down and concentrated in extraction for useful meds then.

The 12/12 to force flowering is an artificial indoor thing. Most strains (except pure equatorial landrace sativas) start flowering outdoors with less than 10 hrs of dark - that’s still 14 hrs of light!

Seedlings are looking good! Can't wait to see the big pot pattern on the table. :thumb:
Start seedlings indoors (under CFL) at the beginning of May, and set out around May 22 (when we get about 15.5 hrs of light and an average DLI of 50-55), veg until June 21, and then start light dep until July 24, when flowering is naturally triggered here.

On June 21, we get almost 16 hours of daylight, and about 15-1/4 on July 24, so less than an hour of light dep is needed each night for a month. At that point, flowering will continue, so light dep is no longer necessary. Most strains would finish by late August/early September (a month earlier than usual).
If you want them done by late August I'm not sure uncovering them in late July is going to do it, but you know I'll be around to watch!

If you want them done by late August I'm not sure uncovering them in late July is going to do it, but you know I'll be around to watch!

Since you start light dep on June 21, they will get the same amount of darkness then that they would get on July 24, thus triggering them into stretching a month earlier. Since plants that start stretching around July 24 finish around early October, plants that start getting light dep on June 21 should finish around beginning of September. I gotta try it!

It's gonna be fun to watch! I'm just thinking about daylight vs civil twilight and how long it takes the plant to shut down outside in fading light vs inside in instant total darkness.
daylight.JPG

tiniest sprout ever

the last little cbd gal. kept pushing it down under the media, it wanted up with the seed pod welded tight. actually pulled it and reburied the thing deeper. then it lost the pod and pooped out as the tiniest one i ever saw. :cheesygrinsmiley:

2 days later

put out a tiny first set real quick. not really concerned if it made it. i have piles and piles of cbd jarred.

couple days after that

the perlite looks like boulders against it. :laughtwo:

plants have been getting misted a few times a day with some RO and weak calmag. i find it helps out a bit with early seedlings in hempy. i've also ramped the light up to about 65%. would normally be higher right now, but i've got a few smaller ones that might protest. there's no worry over misting them under the light, the led won't burn.

here she is today

not doing too bad. :)

i find hempy seedlings start super small. this was tiny by even hempy standards. both cbdream and one of the gorilla glue started were all minuscule starts.

the rest are doing busters. one of the gorilla glue and all the power plant are pushing a second set.

no shyness there. everyone is getting fed just under seedling strength. including tiny. i'm at 1g MC / 2L RO. might be a bit rich for the smallest. the rest are ready for a bit more.

this powerplant is close to hitting the res and taking off. they are pretty much there once the first set is big enough to hit the cup edges.

might have to consider mixing two separate feeds for a wk or two while the three stragglers catch up.

everyone hanging out

all but the smallest two are draining out the res by day three. the largest are getting there earlier. everyone but tiny got 2 feeds so far. tiny got the one.

karma sent to the wee ones friend,, i am anxious to watch them grow,, and interested to see the growth at two weeks

be safe friend,, from snowed in kelowna,,

P1170919 (2).JPG

sad afghani,, ha,, cheers friend

some progress this morning

ramped the feed above seedling strength. everyone got about a 3/4 veg strength feed today. second sets are well in on the bigger ones, and they are working on the third. colour is good, i'm gonna have them on full strength veg feed in a couple days. might be a bit much for the smallest.

most look a touch pale in the pics due to the light. it is biased red. i dropped the floor for some stretch, the light is running 75% now and will stay there for a bit. will bump to 90% right around up pot.

Back
Top Bottom