Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

My choice was Granpas cut or Chemdawg which i take that to mean HSO. I think I’d have to go with real deal GG4.

these are a toss as far as genetics. could be all just different names for the same donkey.

got 3 powerplant, 2 gorilla glue, and a cbdream down. pics later.
damn the seeds are tiny. anyone else notice seed bank seeds getting minscule in the last couple yrs ?

got busy yesterday before going out to dinner, and cleaned up fort st veg/clone for another run. :)

the light rig got a going over with a couple cans of compressed air to blow the dust off. i'm gonna have to bring the little air compressor over from my dad's next time and get it a bit better. you would be amazed how much dust will accumulate on your lights. it's a good idea to rid yourself of as much as possible, dust is the enemy of electronics.

i also re-organized stuff, fixed up my shelf units, and washed the walls down. i've been running a cheap(ish) filter without a sock in there for a while, and i noticed it's not pulling as well from the bottom anymore. probably looking at a replacement by the spring. veg room doesn't get too bad for odour, so i'm not so worried.

then i hauled out this run's offerings ..

going with powerplant, gorilla glue, and grabbed a cbdream from my bank for a 1:1 strain. was going for an all thc run at first, but decided i better play careful, even though i have a bunch of cbd jarred up. still have two new strains i haven't run yet, officially buying more seeds than i can use now .... :p

set up the home school seed incubator ...

and got a little activity overnight.

2 of 3 powerplant cracked ...

and 1 of the 2 gorilla glue joined...

the little cbdream looks like she wants to get cracking as well ... :cheer:

so looks to be 4 out of 6 saying hello less than 24hrs in the towels. :cheesygrinsmiley:

bit choked at myself as i forgot to soak them. usually i give them 24 hrs in a shotglass of super weak h202 solution. for some reason it just escaped me and i went straight to the towels. they all got a decent scuff with a matchbook cover beforehand though.

gonna prep up some solo hempy cups with some sifted perlite. i pre-soak the perlite with some RO and cal mag, then pack it a touch, and then give it a bit more of the RO/calmag. solution is pretty weak about .5ml/L.

one or two could get tails today, and i wanna get them in cups if they do.

all the powerplant sprang enough that i transferred them to hempy cups

it was joined by one of the gorilla glue

the cbddream is a half day behind.

she got left to incubate more. just her and the last gorilla glue to catch up.

plan is to get everyone in to the flower room just after christmas sometime if all goes well.

might have to rename the thread bluter's home for dodgy genetics .. :p
the cbdream seed stalled out. almost looks like the tap emerged and air pruned.

it didn't dig in to the towel by the looks. seeds could be getting close to end of shelf life. seems to be an issue with a lot of breeders lately. seeds only stay viable for a yr or two now it seems.

i soaked another one, and the bugger stayed a floater, so i'm not so impressed. i toweled it up and will see how it goes. i left the other one as well, it might still surprise.

i checked with the seed bank who swore up and down that even their floaters would go. yeah. right.
guess at this point i have them on notice. my seeds are stored in the fridge now.

i got the last gorilla glue in a hempy cup. thing sprouted an inch log tail while i was at work. i like to get them in the cup before they are that long. so now five cupped up.

there is nothing in them but a little RO and calmag for now. i mist the tops with the same RO/calmag mix a couple times a day. no dome or anything. have the light on 18/6 right now. sometimes i start 24/0 but might leave it for now.

nothing showing at the moment. hate it. starting in hempy always makes me downright grumpy. they often will fall further in to the media. last time i had to dig them out, but they all made it.

there is a powerplant thinking about it though.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Have you tried using a rapid rooter? They work good, and dont sink or get lost in the perlite.

Try soaking the seed for 12 hours then plant directly into your soil.

thought about it. a member here sprouts directly in a hempy cup. i dunno how he keeps the seeds from falling straight through. i tried one as an experiment, and it was at the bottom of the cup inside a day. unless i chased it down there. :straightface:

a friend of mine used to sprout in a shallow pan of straight perlite and some water / calmag / micros. then transplant at the first leaves. it's so close to hempy i may try that. the key was he started under 24/0 with t5s super close to the pan. the t5s were both the heat and light. would have to figure a way to mimic those conditions.

Have you tried using a rapid rooter? They work good, and dont sink or get lost in the perlite.

i should have. forgot to pick some up earlier this year, and when i finally got to it amazon didn't have no cheapie delivery.

also i been cracking seeds over my stereo amp for something like 35 or so yrs lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
the success rate is absolutely insane.

the amps change, but the cabinet is from the 80's, and it all works good. i got taught the method by my cousin in the 70's, who did it exactly the same way. it's just a cheap seed mat, but works better than any seed mat i've seen.

Seems older Seeds only have so a set amount of energy. Germination in a paper towel can use up most of the stored energy. Planting in the shallow pan of vermiculite May allow it the spend that energy on pushing up and out.

i should have. forgot to pick some up earlier this year, and when i finally got to it amazon didn't have no cheapie delivery.

also i been cracking seeds over my stereo amp for something like 35 or so yrs lol .. :cheesygrinsmiley:
the success rate is absolutely insane.

the amps change, but the cabinet is from the 80's, and it all works good. i got taught the method by my cousin in the 70's, who did it exactly the same way. it's just a cheap seed mat, but works better than any seed mat i've seen.

I crack in water too. Then into a rapid rooter for the full sprout. From there you can plant it in whatever medium you want. Net pot, perlite, hydroton, coco, promix, dirt, etc. Maybe not an aero setup, unless it uses net pots, but pretty much anything else. I flip them upside down, volcano style. The top is flat, even has a seed hole. That works if you're in trays, but not for a couple of this and that. Maybe I should give that a go with a small 6-pack style tray. Meh, whatever. Flipping the flat end to the bottom and poking a hole with your tweezers isn't a big thing.

They run a 50pk here for about $20-$25, so in canadian funny money that's about what, tree fiddy? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom