Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

What’s on the chopping block?

i got tangie, northern lights cbd, and some lsd clones. i pretty much always do a seed / clone run back to back then start over. i ran black indica and cbdream for a run longer than i usually pull.

Dude! Nice light!!

no kidding. i hope they ship up here.

i had to take a second look at that list.
was friggin stoked over a lighter or t-shirt, i crapped myself when i saw that .. :p

plus the pots and stuff. i've been thinking about a run in HP. i got tons for mom's garden, wanted a couple seasons worth, so i have lots. really wanna do a run with just the sponsors stuff so they get some travel out of it.

Hey Bluter!

Yes House & Garden Aqua Flakes are cannabis nutes, probably not good ones - but what my grow shop pushed at a newbie. Yes I will need to buy a ppm meter if I’m going to utilize those H&G nutes.

you can start without one but it gets tricky fast on bottle nutes when you can't monitor input ppm / ec.
it also helps you to develop a better read on your plants. you can co-relate nutes to what is going on / trouble . etc.

i don't measure ppm anymore really. another benefit of MC. but i'd still probably recommend an ec /ppm meter for new growers even if they start on MC.

Checking runoff ph is what screwed me in first place, I will not chase that again!

never worry about runoff anything. it never really helps anything.
learning a read on your plants is far more important. that comes with time, and you have to have trouble to learn and succeed.

I like what I hear.... ph is not as important in megacrop? That’s radical music to my ears & more of what I hoped for. But I know I need to follow “the rules” based on media and flower type.

there is wider uptake of background nutes due to the type of chelation. they also have a few different sources for the secondaries. the base nutes remain the same or similar though. it's forgiving, but not bulletproof.

i still follow ph rules for hydro. i'm on RO as well, so i start with a clean slate and don't have to deal with background stuff in the water.

I’ve lurked Hilarious Hempsters for a while and will continue. Then I will start over back at page 1 and read up before I ever soak my hempy beans.

This helps tremendously guys - Thanks for your expertise!!!

feel free to pop in at any time

Have a stoned day bluter! Have fun with your loot! :passitleft: :ciao:
lol thanks fred.

it's not about the loot. i really like the place. it's nice to chat with folk and learn.
my favorite stuff to do is write ups on lotions, glycerin etc. it's nice to add for folk. it's what i like about the site.

Bluter!!!

My multiquote is hosed - but this is awesome. I’m keen to do a couple of hempys but want to get it right. I’ve seen the monsters grown in 2 liter soda bottles, so that’s unreal. I’ve got a couple 4 gallon rectangular buckets ready for when the time comes.

I hear you on never check runoff. Yes early on I chased that monster for a while and it’s a clusterfuck. Never again - but thank you very much for hammering that point!!! Why was I doing that? Because some well meaning person said if you encounter a problem then check runoff. (Not here- but long ago on that other grow site)

I will postpone the hempy plans for now but will round up the gear. Priorities are beans, fans, megacrop & ec meter. I will get an RO filter setup too.

Thanks for education!! :adore:

Early am wake n bake :passitleft:

My multiquote is hosed - but this is awesome. I’m keen to do a couple of hempys but want to get it right. I’ve seen the monsters grown in 2 liter soda bottles, so that’s unreal. I’ve got a couple 4 gallon rectangular buckets ready for when the time comes.

my current grow is 2L buckets and a 750 ml shampoo bottle. the ability to support a decent sized plant in a smaller container is one of the biggest advantages to a hempy grow.

I will postpone the hempy plans for now but will round up the gear. Priorities are beans, fans, megacrop & ec meter. I will get an RO filter setup too.

the dollar store is your friend when it comes to hempy. i always have an eye out for cheap buckets to drill a hole in. :cheesygrinsmiley:
you can get super cheap bales of perlite at landscape supply stores. i get 110L for about $30. it's enough for a number of grows.

Bluter do I understand correctly that you use megacrop?

yes i am running MC. it makes life miles easier on my pops. he takes care of the jungle room. this grow he's had to do it pretty much on his own. the covid junk and my work have been super hard to deal with lately.

Yes Bluter my initial hope was to run hempys with MC and not have to check ph,

but guess that’s why it’s called a pipe dream huh?

See that’s why I wanted the to use my 4 gallon buckets, I’ve got 9 ft ceilings was hoping for small forest. I’m all in for using a chainsaw indoors at harvest time

As I understand it, they add MC little by little till they see a little nute burn on tips then back it off a touch.
What if they never burn? What if, instead, at 2.5tsp/gal they get dark green and the tips start turning down.[Nitrogen Tox]?
What would you do for this plant in soil[ffof/hf], thats always been fairly dark. 55 days old, 25days into flip and probably 14 days into flowering. Thats showing a minor nitrogen toxicity?
Back off the MC? Stop MC? Use a flower stacker, 0-7-5 suppliment alone?

As I understand it, they add MC little by little till they see a little nute burn on tips then back it off a touch.
What if they never burn? What if, instead, at 2.5tsp/gal they get dark green and the tips start turning down.[Nitrogen Tox]?
What would you do for this plant in soil[ffof/hf], thats always been fairly dark. 55 days old, 25days into flip and probably 14 days into flowering. Thats showing a minor nitrogen toxicity?
Back off the MC? Stop MC? Use a flower stacker, 0-7-5 suppliment alone?

would need to see the plant. things usually tip before clawing in MC.

Yeah, you might think so. But not in this case. Tips are perfect. Just random claws suspected wind burn but its not near fans. Only the last half inch or so.

yeah if you're running a nuted soil it's whole different game. depending on the blend you only should really need to feed in flower.

She gets MC every time ignoring PH.started at1/4tsp and add another 1/8-¹/⁴ at a time, she is up to 1.5tsp/gal. Last time she got a 1/4tsp of humbolts secret, "flower stacker" 0-7-5 too. She was already doing the clawing before that tho.

She should be thirsty tomorrow.

you got much stuff going on nute wise. MC is super high in pk, adding a pk boost could be putting you over. they probably weren't looking for the added n it brings either.

Sorry bluter. I didnt mean to hijack.

not like there is a pile going on. drop by anytime,

morning 420. hope you're not all too hung over south of us here today :p

this is really due for an update.

everything is sitting in the window now - just in time for the hot part of summer. plan is to get this harvest in and shut the jungle room down for a couple months while fort st veg.clone gets back up and running with some new recruits for a late summer / fall start on the next run.

the northern lights cbd plants are definitely done.

they mature the first usually. seems all my cbd plants do. i don't mind letting cbd plants go long to let others get there. i'd be curious to know what the effects are of letting a cbd plant amber up further than the 10% i usually harvest thc plants at.

should apologize for the pics. i was really rushed. all my pics look hot under this light as well, and there isn't a regular light set up to get proper pics. i have a small fluorescent set up as a work light in the space i'll sometimes use with the flash for truer colors.

all the fans have paled back, and everything looks cooked up. the trichomes on the thc plants look close to me, but i'm a notoriously poor judge. i'm probably taking a chance and chopping in the next day or so.

here's the tangie clone in the corner.

i have to get that one pulled out for a closer look, but i think we're there. i kinda let everything run a touch longer for it.

it looks almost identical to the mother plant in structure. the previous tangie cured in fantastically, and the smoke has gone pure sativa. i really should have run more as i love the stuff. i have had so much indica that i thought i had missed the mark when i tried the tangie. didn't think i was high at all. 2 1/2 hrs later i had most of my place cleaned up before i realized the tangie was pushing me lol ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

so this is a tad embarrassing ..

what a mess .. without a cage or other serious support the lsd plants simply flopped all over.

i should have built some cages at flip. i waited too long and they got a bit in front of me. we noticed the secondaries taking off as the tops bent, so i left it to see what would happen. we used the fuzzy ties just to keep everything gathered in, most of these things don't wanna stand on their own if taken out to feed.

we wound up using my bigger bucket trick to keep the lsd plants from falling over.

speaking of feeding - we are finishing at just a hair under 6g / gal - MC / RO. i'm metric which is why i'm not right at the 6g.
i might try some bud explosion on a run and dial back the MC a touch to see where i wind up.

they stayed more or less hungry right to finish. everything seems to like it hot in MC under the big rig. everything runs kinda on the edge of pk excess - at least it seems that way to me. i think the leaves say the same as well, yet when we pulled back everything would complain.

i believe it is directly related to how hard i drive the things in flower. they get triple the power i use to veg under the flower light. my veg rig is 200 watts and my flower rig is 600. i ran at 75% this run, i usually sit up about 90, but they were not so happy, and responded well when we pulled back.

this is an lsd secondary bud.

my camera doesn't really show the trichomes. there is a bit more than it looks. i'm still getting few white pistils here and there, but really nothing much. all the fans are throwing in the towel as well. can see the state of affairs on this northern lights cbd plant.

everyone is pretty much the same. i'm always impressed with the cola size relative to the plant with the northern lights. i haven't grown the thc version, which is super odd for being up here. i'm gonna grow more thc plants on the next run. probably do one super high cbd plant as an experiment. i only ever run 1:1 strains, and wanna see what a high count plant can do.

the big mess before chop.

i don't think i'm rushing chop but should get it done. the tangie can go long with the sativa dominance, and i'm not sure how amber she really gets. i can afford to let the rest stay up a while since everything else mostly winds up in pills or topicals.

will get a couple up of the container garden as well for giggles.

back in a few minutes.. :)

the container garden has been exploding.

someone really has to try cannabis this way. i'm begging. i so wanna do an outdoor like this. the tomato buckets would do well, but you'd get insane monsters in the black containers. i'm itching to give it a go but our growing zone is not great for cannabis. it can get in to october to finish here, and our temps don't really support it.

tomatoes, radishes and onions.

mom already pulled a pile of radishes and a couple onions out. the tomatoes have super thick stalks, and their popping flowers and some fruit all over.

we're a good 2 wks ahead of anything in the ground around here. looks like my bs soil mix and runoff water will do the trick. great way to make use of the indoor grow waste.

ever see a carrot scrog ... ?

not so sure it'll work the same way ... :p

and a pile of beans.

mom messed up and fed one of the tomato buckets and the beans straight water. no biggie for the beans but the tomato knew it right away. i just loosened the elbow fitting 180 degrees and tipped the bucket a bit to drain. then refeed. not hard to do.

turns out i didn't have to worry about a dry cycle. the containers get fed about every 3 days to 5 days depending on rainfall. can go a wk if it's wet out. it's a point of contention with the folks. mom wants it kept wet. dad's a tad more reasonable. they aren't top feeding right now, everything is rainfall or from the res.

somebody please build one of these and run cannabis .. :laughtwo:

This is as close as I can get - in a perlite hempy tub
50EE7F32-6A16-46F4-84FE-0F634A96B9DB.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom