Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Thanks, Boo! I hope you have a great New Years too!

So, are you going out and getting all wild and crazy tonight? :rofl:
I'm babysitting, probably be in bed by 10:00....that's about as wild as I get anymore... :)

Happy New Year, Boo! I hope you have a better 2022 than 2021, at least in the garden. 2021 wasn't all bad due to the birth of your first grandchild but I hope you have no major gardening issues this year. I'm looking forward to seeing what you're going to grow next. :love:

:rip: RIP Betty White. What an extraordinary example of humor, and class, and kindness. May we all follow her example. :love::love::love:

I agree. It is always talent when a great talent passes away.

I was telling my husband that her death reminds me of when George Burns died, kinda the male version of Betty.

:ciao: Happy 2022 everyone! I’m finally ready to get growing again so let’s do this! :high-five:
I dropped a freebie OG Kush Auto and a Dutch Passion Blackberry Kush auto on December 11th. The BB Kush sprouted on 13 December and the OG Kush never came up. Soooo, I dropped the other OG Kush freebie and…..it never came up! :hmmmm: It’s been a while since I’ve had an issue like that but, onward we go.
Here is the BBK cutie. She was transplanted yesterday and I’m hoping to get another node or two out of her before she starts to flower. I’m using nutes from @Prescription Blend and I started her at the 3 week dosage according to their charts. I mixed up a half gallon and used it to wet the fresh ProMix for her pot too so hopefully she won’t be unhappy with that.
PXL_20211231_231315629.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211231_230154599.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211231_230311939.jpg

I‘ve decided to go ahead and make this a Black and Blue grow so, here we go!
PXL_20211231_230337666.MP.jpg
PXL_20211231_230436400.jpg

Dope Seeds have always been strong growers for me so I’m hoping that continues with this lil’ gal. Thank you to my seed buddy for both of the above. :love:

Among other things, part of my absence here has been because I decided to separate from my husband in August. I have finally gotten settled into a new place that is peaceful and quiet and I am very happy here - and that’s pretty much all I’m gonna say about that if you don’t mind. :cheesygrinsmiley:

My set up is a little different now, and I’m hoping for advice keeping things warm (and the heat mat trick @Carcass is using might help me out a bit.) The house has a full, unfinished basement where I want to grow.
PXL_20220101_210551872.MP.jpg

PXL_20220101_210549102.jpg

The problem is that it’s pretty cold down there in the evenings/overnight. We’ve been having incredibly warm weather for a lot of the month (60-70 degree days), but it is getting down to 60 degrees and lower in the basement (I think). I’m going to do a test like @InTheShed using the little multi purpose temp/humidity thingy and we shall hopefully see just how much I need to raise the temps. I’ve started the test by installing the @Atreum Lighting Hydras because I personally feel that they run a little warmer than the other lights I have - and that’s a good thing in this situation! At 4 pm today I turned the lights on and closed the tent, it was 60 degrees and 50% humidity inside.
PXL_20220101_210339798.MP.jpg

I will check periodically to see if it’s helping at all and go from there. I do have space in the main level of the house but I really prefer to keep everything downstairs if I can.
And there you have it! It feels good to be journaling again. :circle-of-love:

Welcome back, Boo! Good luck with your new grow. Your new grow space is huge. I'm totally jealous. I hope you figure out how to keep it warm enough.

Gotta love new beginnings!
Happy to see you back at it, Boo, I'm sure this grow will be another great one!
I’m hoping to get another node or two out of her before she starts to flower.
I checked my notes, and when I grew those 2, the Blackberry started flowering at day 27, and the Blueberry waited till day 30...not a real long veg, but not too bad ...
Looking forward to the new year and your new grow in that sweet new space!

Hi Boo :)

I’m going to be in my best behaviour and sit in the corner very quietly.

Happy New Year and good luck with your grow! Seems like you are off to a perfect start :)

#GirlPower

Oh Boy! Nice to see you with plants again Boo! Was wondering if I'd ever get Let's get Ridiculous! So consider taking warm air from close to the furnace (safely) if it's cool there. My place is. I have a flex duct running directly to the area where it's the warmest. That brought the tent up a few degrees at lights out. YAY!

Welcome back, Boo

Glad to see you growing once again!

Welcome back and congratulations on moving forward.

Happy to see you back at it, Boo,

Nice to see you with plants again Boo!
Thanks for the welcomes and encouragement. I’m glad to be back and hoping I can figure out a good remedy for the cold that is finally here!
I’m going to be in my best behaviour and sit in the corner very quietly.
Hmmmm…I’m not so sure you can sit in a corner quietly. ;) Just don’t break anything! :p

So, we had a snow day today! :yahoo: 7 inches baby!
PXL_20220103_174549597.jpg

Unfortunately it’s supposed to be in the teens tonight and the 20s for most of the week (finally!). So, I’ve scrapped my basement growing for now and decided to use a closet in the new place. It is exactly the same size as my tent so that’s cool!
PXL_20220103_175650152.jpg
I need to tidy it up a bit, but I think this is where she (they) will be for the duration. Main level, warm enough, close to the kitchen what could be better? I had planned on growing a feminized photo in my other tent but I may need to scrap that plan for now…..or empty out the 2x4 closet right next to this one! :cheesygrinsmiley: Waiting for the Blueberry to come up, but there is dirt movement so hopefully by the morning her little face will be smiling upwards. :love:

Yay! Boo’s got plants going! Yaaay!!

Glad to be up and running again with you. I like your new grow operations. Maybe that basement area will be easier to maintain (the climate) during the spring/fall? I’m thinking about that for my own grow area too.

Come on lil blueberry!

Back
Top Bottom