Boomer444's 2013 Indoor & Outdoor Grows

re: Boomer444's 2013 Indoor & Outdoor Grows

hozona since you do alot of DIY stuff i was wondering if you could help me out with light leaks in my armoire?

I'm late to the party. Hope there is a seat left.
Always one for you my brother!:cheesygrinsmiley:
sheesh thought I got in early on one. Nope! Still page 2 :bong:
You are early, but not too early. Worked my ass off today!
I'll take a second row seat, if you don't mind Hoz. Got to support my DIY buddy!

Good idea using that insulated foil for your windows were you live. :thumb:
Second row, first row...all the same here...gotter done!

hozona since you do alot of DIY stuff i was wondering if you could help me out with light leaks in my armoire?
Light leaks are handled in several ways, overlapping flaps or gaskets, thin weather stripping,a box in a box (creates a light baffle) etc....:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

When I say gotter done, I GOT HER DONE!!!
Got my AC (12,000 BTU) says it will do 500 sq ft...my room is under 200. Took down, cleaned, and moved the tent into the grow room, hooked up the vent, I vent the tent out the top hole and have an outlet mounted on the top of the vent window spacer that came with the AC...the AC vents out another outlet in the bottom of the spacer. I put insulated foil in all the windows (cheap ass single pane windows) to help insulate more and reflect the summer heat back outdoors...I don't worry about the neighbors seeing the veg area because I am using GLR in the veg area...lights go off in the evening and come on for an hour at 2:30 AM then go off until morning. The only lights on out there at night is the florescent fixture under the veg area for the clones. Got the AC at Loews for $430 tax and all! Home Deeps had none in stock!!! With foam insulation, tape, and all it was less than what I was going to spend a HD. Enough with the chat here's a picture!
IMG_063017.JPG

Later my brothers and sisters! :cheesygrinsmiley:

As usual Hozona has got the wheels turning ..... Sorry if I missed something but Do you use CFL's all the way through ?
Love the strains you picked !! :goodjob:

As usual Hozona has got the wheels turning ..... Sorry if I missed something but Do you use CFL's all the way through ?
Love the strains you picked !! :goodjob:
Welcome clayhead...gonna switch the veggers to a 4' X 4bulb HO T5 when it arrives next week. Also ordered a cooltube for my tent to replace the winged unit and probably gonna make a cfl fixture using it an 3 or 4 of my 105w CFLs...with some sort of venting...the mad scientist in me has a vague idea how to approach this...:cheesygrinsmiley: And yes the CFLs will be supplementary lighting in my itsy bitsy 40 X 40 tent....I wish the Big Bud wasn't so slow so I could move my girls into the tent! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Gave my veggers their first light dose of Roots Organics nutes today...some dark looking stuff with pieces of organic material floating around in it....looked kinda like PooP SouP....we shall see how well it works...Also received my SNS sample pack.... My house AC is 37 years old and today I bit the bullet and ordered the new Trane 3.5 ton heat pump for my (not so well insulated home)...I'll pay it off when I sell my toy I have for sale. Since the unit is in the back yard I wanted to get the new one before it started getting hot AND I didn't want anyone in the back yard after my girls go out:cheesygrinsmiley:

Here is a small photo update...first the clone bucket
IMG_063915.JPG

Then the teens and youngin's
IMG_063811.JPG

And my soon to be in the tent...
IMG_063711.JPG

IMG_063519.JPG

IMG_063421.JPG

IMG_063315.JPG

IMG_063213.JPG

IMG_063120.JPG

IMG_064016.JPG

IMG_063612.JPG

A lot of veg growth and so very healthy looking!! I am really pleased and will continue GLR until the transfer to the tent...:cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice start to the newest chapter, Hozona - looking great! Congrats on the AC. I really like your grow space and how clean/organized it is. Good tips to Frosty on blocking light leaks. :thumb:

When I say gotter done, I GOT HER DONE!!!
Got my AC (12,000 BTU) says it will do 500 sq ft...my room is under 200. Took down, cleaned, and moved the tent into the grow room, hooked up the vent, I vent the tent out the top hole and have an outlet mounted on the top of the vent window spacer that came with the AC...the AC vents out another outlet in the bottom of the spacer. I put insulated foil in all the windows (cheap ass single pane windows) to help insulate more and reflect the summer heat back outdoors...I don't worry about the neighbors seeing the veg area because I am using GLR in the veg area...lights go off in the evening and come on for an hour at 2:30 AM then go off until morning. The only lights on out there at night is the florescent fixture under the veg area for the clones. Got the AC at Loews for $430 tax and all! Home Deeps had none in stock!!! With foam insulation, tape, and all it was less than what I was going to spend a HD. Enough with the chat here's a picture!
IMG_063017.JPG

Later my brothers and sisters! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice start to the newest chapter, Hozona - looking great! Congrats on the AC. I really like your grow space and how clean/organized it is. Good tips to Frosty on blocking light leaks. :thumb:
Thanks X! I've needed the AC both for my home and the sunporch since it is enclosed so I made the move before the heat got here this year. My new home unit will be installed next week. I think it will look even tidier in the veg area when my t5 gets here, one fixture instead of three. Thanks for stopping by!!!

Well least this thread I'll be able to follow better. I never seem to catch up on threads if I jump in the middle. Cool setup. Kind of like a nice little nursery. That table is the ticket,as long as ya got room. I got one in my flower room and it's so nice to have something to work off. I tell ya in my dream room it's going to have flood tables built to fit. 2 3X8 wood be about right, with enough space for a 5 gallon bucket to drain. I'm not sure of your health, but my back is trashed. BAD. The worse thing to me is having to pick up 5 gallons of wet dirt off the floor. That wears my back out.
So in my gardens all my plants come in on step stools. Another inverted 5 gallon pot. But anyways I've been managing to keep my plants off the floor lately. I do use some Bushmasters on mine. 3-4 mills drench at the start of flower. Stuff works, keeps nodes tighter togather kicking down the stretch, and seems to kick in flowering a day or two faster. If you ever need to keep plants real sort, like a vertical of even a wheel, it works. People with those omega wheel use Bushmasters as a foliar acouple times the first week. I always wondered how old a mother plant can get? I hear you can keep a strain alive forever or something. I'm just thinking, I had a strain awhile back I grew many times. Then the clones started looking like a plant going thru reveg, all smooth and mis-shapen so I flowered the mother and toasted the strain good-by.
I hear that's great fertilizer. Organic. I decided to try a new fert myself next time. But I was looking for cost effective. I found this 3 part on sale for 100$ and there are 2 1/2 gallon. I guess I should try a top line organic sometime. Well gl in this grow I'll be tuned in. OH return on the reps+ Keepem Green

Well least this thread I'll be able to follow better. I never seem to catch up on threads if I jump in the middle. Cool setup. Kind of like a nice little nursery. That table is the ticket,as long as ya got room. I got one in my flower room and it's so nice to have something to work off. I tell ya in my dream room it's going to have flood tables built to fit. 2 3X8 wood be about right, with enough space for a 5 gallon bucket to drain. I'm not sure of your health, but my back is trashed. BAD. The worse thing to me is having to pick up 5 gallons of wet dirt off the floor. That wears my back out.
So in my gardens all my plants come in on step stools. Another inverted 5 gallon pot. But anyways I've been managing to keep my plants off the floor lately. I do use some Bushmasters on mine. 3-4 mills drench at the start of flower. Stuff works, keeps nodes tighter togather kicking down the stretch, and seems to kick in flowering a day or two faster. If you ever need to keep plants real sort, like a vertical of even a wheel, it works. People with those omega wheel use Bushmasters as a foliar acouple times the first week. I always wondered how old a mother plant can get? I hear you can keep a strain alive forever or something. I'm just thinking, I had a strain awhile back I grew many times. Then the clones started looking like a plant going thru reveg, all smooth and mis-shapen so I flowered the mother and toasted the strain good-by.
I hear that's great fertilizer. Organic. I decided to try a new fert myself next time. But I was looking for cost effective. I found this 3 part on sale for 100$ and there are 2 1/2 gallon. I guess I should try a top line organic sometime. Well gl in this grow I'll be tuned in. OH return on the reps+ Keepem Green
Wood, glad you stopped in to the start of my new grow...I have always wanted to use that room since I moved in. It's perfect with the tile floors..so easy to keep clean. My back isn't real good but it is so easy to service the grow now..the clones slide out in the tray underneath and I can stand while working on my veggers. The tent arrangement will most certainly be elevated to keep it easier on the back...I like your idea about inverted buckets to get it off the floor. Roots Organics was priced right at the organics store. I got the grow and the bloom formulas, I am using liquid seaweed as a foliar spray and it has my grow looking healthy and vibrant...Thanks again for stopping by:cheesygrinsmiley:

:reading420magazine:

Moved the BigBud into a drip/dwc container and OUT of Aero...tired of chasing leaks....Moved my largest veggers the MMMF, Sour Diesel, Jorge's Diamond, and Blue Widow into the tent also...looks like my eight plant rotation is going to work pretty well...could be a little tight and I may have to grow in a little smaller container...time will tell....the grow is really starting to get smelly and when I can smell something with my sinuses it must be pretty stong! First looking in
IMG_064115.JPG

And looking down at the new girls
IMG_064217.JPG

Big Bud is starting to sugar up...hopefully it will handle the transfer to the different system without going into shock:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom