Boomer444's 2013 Indoor & Outdoor Grows

re: Boomer444's 2013 Indoor & Outdoor Grows

Congrats on the Harvest Hoz man!
Love your updates, so visually pleasing.
reps.
:thumb:

Great grow looks awsome I can't wait to harvest my big mama got a few weeks to go +reps
I think it's a race between the Jorge's Diamond and the Sour Diesel, for now, but then again my MMMF hasn't really kicked into trich producing gear yet and there are tops everywhere! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Coming by giving reps H. :thumb:
Thanks Wiz...I am smiling...and my eyes are glazed. I musta been eating donuts :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congrats on the Harvest Hoz man!
Love your updates, so visually pleasing.
reps.
:thumb:
Thanks Vick! I try to keep some sort of composition in mind when editing and labeling my pictures. I was an art teacher, so it's kinda what I have done for years. :cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Thanks Wiz...I am smiling...and my eyes are glazed. I musta been eating donuts :cheesygrinsmiley:

:grinjoint:
photo429.JPG

Wow those ladies look like they have some real weight to them. Nice crop Rep+ coming at you also Hozona

Beauty Plants Hoz. All the trimming , topping and defoliating sure made for some nice chubby ladies . Love those "Fat Bottom Girls":goodjob:

:thanks:

Wow those ladies look like they have some real weight to them. Nice crop Rep+ coming at you also Hozona
Thanks Bill...the girls are doing well, I hope the reveg goes well too:cheesygrinsmiley:

Very nice +reps!
:high-five:

You are just amazing my friend. :bravo:

:confused:Who, me? I just am doing what I do, create, modify, and adjust to the situation..hope you are doing better. Mahalo:Namaste:

Beauty Plants Hoz. All the trimming , topping and defoliating sure made for some nice chubby ladies . Love those "Fat Bottom Girls":goodjob:
Just doing what I read here:reading420magazine:

For all you story tellers out there, here is the start of something I have been writing off and on for a year or so I call it
Dancing with Mary Jane

I’ll never forget the first time I met Mary Jane. She was at a party I had gone to sometime during my Senior year in high school. She was a scary one, for sure. I had heard all sorts of troubling things about her from fellow students as well as some adults that I had great respect for. If so many people thought that of her, they must be right, right? She showed no interest in me and I none in her. Funny how life is! I didn’t realize just how big a part she would play in my life.
Years went by and I ended up in college studying art education. One Friday evening I was invited to a party downstairs in somebody’s dorm room. I hadn’t met too many people yet, so it was an excellent time to make some more acquaintances. As I walked into the room there was something familiar, it was Mary Jane! I recognized her from across the room. She hadn’t changed much and in fact as I approached her I noticed she was wearing the same fragrance she had the night we first met. She didn’t seem as scary as she once had, maybe because I had matured into a young adult and was able to now form my own opinions or maybe it was that she just seemed different to me, but the thought of being with her just didn’t feel the same as it once had. We seemed to hit it off that night and I soon found myself wanting to see her on a regular basis. As the months went by we didn’t get to see each other as much as I had hoped and inevitably we lost track of each other once again.
My college years were not very consistent for me and I became bored with college life and decided to drop out and go to work with my parents in their interior decorating business. I ended up being a well paid gopher for my mom and dad, learning the ins and outs of the business. In the summer of 1973, while visiting some acquaintances at their campground in Oak Creek Canyon, who do you think happened to show up? It was Mary Jane. As I sat there, I wondered why, after all this time, she had shown up again, but there she was staring at me from across the campfire. I wanted to share some memories with her, but I had to be at work in the morning so I excused myself from the reunion and headed down the canyon road towards town.
I hadn’t been on the road very long when out of the blue a passenger bus came at me in my lane. Did I mention that this particular road wound along the side of the creek and in places, like where I encountered the bus, it was cut out of the side of the mountain? I put my Ranchero into a panic skid and hit the bus at 50 miles an hour. The bus was also traveling at 50 miles per hour so the impact was that of a 100 miles per hour crash. The bus ended up over the embankment and I ended up pinned under the dash of my car facing the opposite direction I had been traveling. I don’t remember any of this and was in and out of consciousness for nearly 3 weeks. The first person to come upon the wreck thought I had lost control and hit the guard rail until they realized that over the edge of the road there was a bus. Lucky for me the person who stopped was a nurse and she immediately began to work on my injuries. There weren’t cell phones in 1973 so someone had to call for help which meant I was going to be there a while. It took 2 ½ hours to get me out of my car and it would have taken longer if the tow truck driver wasn’t an acquaintance of mine and figured out how to wench the steering column off of me instead of waiting for the jaws of life to arrive. After I was out of the vehicle a decision had to be made by the ambulance driver about which hospital I should be taken to. A life saving decision was made to send me up the switchbacks and on to Flagstaff because they were better equipped to handle trauma like I had absorbed. All the decisions made that night saved my life.
More to come.....
:tokin:

Todays installment of Dancing with Mary Jane

The extent of my injuries were extensive including a compound fracture of my femur, a fractured left knee cap, a right knee cap that was nearly torn off, a broken right ankle, severe lacerations to my face and head, and a left hand that had gone through the windshield. All of these injuries and I got the best surgeon in Flagstaff on call that night. I am so lucky! Dr. John did the work stitching my face and torn off ear back together with such precision and care that I never had to have plastic surgery of any kind. After patching up my face, he proceeded on to that torn up right knee. Again he put it back together with such precision that I never needed to have any work done to it until years afterwards. When it came to the leg injuries a decision was made to immobilize the broken ankle with a cast until I was stable enough to have the surgery to pin it together. The compound fracture of my left femur was treated by putting my leg in traction to get the bones aligned so it could be put in a cast. The leg was supported by a sling-like device. There was a pin protruding both sides of my tibia with a tong-like device attached to both sides, a rope attached to it going over a pulley at the end of my bed, and a weight on the end. I was in this contraption for 10 weeks.
Although I was in and out of consciousness for three weeks, I finally became aware that something was not right. I asked where I was and was told the hospital. Then I asked why and was told I had been in an accident. The next words out of my mouth were,”How did the airplane get involved?” I thought I had been hit by an airplane! I guess all that aluminum and the height of the headlights on the bus looked to me like the landing lights of an airplane right before I was hit.
I was in intensive care for those first three weeks and then in a semi-private room until they felt good enough about the alignment of the femur that they could put me in a body cast. Once, about 7 weeks into this ordeal, they thought it was good enough to pull the pin out of my tibia and put me in my cast. They were wrong about the alignment and ended up putting me back into traction again. The thing that really sucked about this was watching them put in the new pin. That was a very weird sensation watching them use a hand drill and a piece of 10 gauge stainless to re-insert the pin into my tibia. The most intriguing thing was when the wire had gone all the way through the tibia and was trying to poke through the other side of my leg. A small slit was made with a scalpel where the tip was and the doctor continued to drill until the wire protruded enough on both sides to re-attach the tong-like device one again.
Three weeks later I was again taken out of traction and put in a body cast that went from just under my rib cage all the way down my left leg and half way down my right leg just short of my right knee. A pole was put between my legs holding them apart at just less than a 30 degree angle and a cut-out was put on the cast so that I could take care of my bodily functions. Did I mention that all this time in traction, 10 weeks, and in my body cast, 14 weeks, I had to pee in a bottle and go in a bed pan? That was really embarrassing for me at 23 years of age. It was also very depressing. I was taken home while still in my body cast and spent those three and a half months in a hospital bed in the middle of my family’s living room so that I could be near the phone, TV, and kitchen. Since both of my parents were involved in their business I was taken care of during the day by my dear 80 year old grandmother who was living with us at the time. I had a lot of visitors while I was in the hospital, but it wasn’t long before that slacked off.

Wow what a story and ordeal. You are one lucky dude.

Back
Top Bottom