Br4iNl3sS 1st Grow Journal - Indoor - Grow Tent - Coco Coir - Crown Royal - MH300

Hi there! Subbed into your first grow. Your little one looks great!! Sorry she was hit on the head - they are tough things! Yes, you can put in a little more soil to hold up the stem. No need to add any more water to it unless it's time for her regular water. Overwatering will kill her faster than a hit on the head :clap:

thank for subbing man :) just went and made a tour in your garden :p you still have more exp than me :) feel free to comment and give advice, the more the merrier :)

thank for subbing man :) just went and made a tour in your garden :p you still have more exp than me :) feel free to comment and give advice, the more the merrier :)

Hah! it's my first grow, well actually my second. The first was a test and a disaster rolled into one. Learned the hard way! This is what I learned: And yes, I made EVERY ONE of these mistakes!

x-over watered
x- babied
x- fed babies
x- fed growing seedling full strength nutes
x- plastered poison all over the place when I saw a bug
x- inconsistent light times! Plants were very confused.
x- light leaks - my lone surviving grown plant hermied!!
x- light distance -- if they shrivel up, light is too close; if they are too spiney, light is too far. Could figure this out so threw nutes at them!

I didn't have the nerve to document any of this, so kudo's to you for getting advise!! I will help out when I can. I only use coco to mix with fox farm soil and perlite and vermeculite because I'm lazy and I don't have to worry about nutes for a month this way!

Happy growing! If you need any help just ask and I'll do my best to help or find someone who can!

Hah! it's my first grow, well actually my second. The first was a test and a disaster rolled into one. Learned the hard way! This is what I learned: And yes, I made EVERY ONE of these mistakes!

x-over watered
x- babied
x- fed babies
x- fed growing seedling full strength nutes
x- plastered poison all over the place when I saw a bug
x- inconsistent light times! Plants were very confused.
x- light leaks - my lone surviving grown plant hermied!!
x- light distance -- if they shrivel up, light is too close; if they are too spiney, light is too far. Could figure this out so threw nutes at them!

I didn't have the nerve to document any of this, so kudo's to you for getting advise!! I will help out when I can. I only use coco to mix with fox farm soil and perlite and vermeculite because I'm lazy and I don't have to worry about nutes for a month this way!

Happy growing! If you need any help just ask and I'll do my best to help or find someone who can!

So what you are saying is the leaf of my girl curled down like they are because of light and not because they started needing watering !? and second of all perlite and vermeculite is that a MUST for coco coir ? i was about to soak my brick and get ready in advance with my pot of coco :)

LED is at 21 inches from the top of my bbgrill i might try to find an other assortment of box to get the right height :p

So what you are saying is the leaf of my girl curled down like they are because of light and not because they started needing watering !? and second of all perlite and vermeculite is that a MUST for coco coir ? i was about to soak my brick and get ready in advance with my pot of coco :)

LED is at 21 inches from the top of my bbgrill i might try to find an other assortment of box to get the right height :p

The leaf of your baby curling down could be because she is thirsty IF her soil is dry.

I'm not an expert, and I know a lot of people here grow with coco only. I mix coco with my Fox Farm soil and perlite and vermeculite because I'm lazy! I want the soil to have nutes and drainage at the same time.

Do a search for coco grows on this site. I can't advise you on coco only, because I've never done it.

I doubt she is ready for water already. I'm betting she'll go another 4-5 days. The leaves don't curl from being dry. The stems that hold the leaves weaken and causes the leaves to droop down.

If she can't hold her head up, cut a piece of straw the length of her stem. Use a razor and cut vertical down one side of the straw.open the straw and wrap around the stem. This will make a splint.

Try not to mess with her too much. She is just a baby. There is nothing you need to do for her. Leave her be and she'll grow. Have patience....

This is what I posted in my grow room on my first grow!

patience1.jpg

DAY 12: Leaf are slowly uncurling/ the Mcdonald logo is going away :biglaugh: and some stuff is starting to happening at the top of the plant in the middle i think there is 2 more set of leaf starting but they are different than the ones i saw appear 2 days ago... time will tell :) I was able to put her exactly at 24" from the light today instead of 18" Waiting game now :)

day_12_1_2.jpg
day_12_height_1_.jpg

DAY 13: Not much to say except steady light time with a time 18/6, ~86 degree during the day and ~77 at night, ~50% humidity. Only 1 watering so far on day 11 (Keep in mind day 1 is when i received the seed in the mail(yeah im a weirdo counting like that)) . No nutes, i like what i see in the middle on the close up pics :) Feel free to comment and if you say something like :temp is too high at day at least give me some idea on how to fix this, if i leave the tent open the temp drop but the humidity also and light exit out of the tent and its not subtle.

day_1319.jpg
day_13_11.jpg
day_13_height.jpg

Looking good bro...

If you can, can you take some pics with the LED off? Sure would help to see her in the natural light.

The temperature isn't optimal, but she may do just fine. I wouldn't worry unless she starts showing signs of stress.

/My plant is a year old from the day I built my grow cabinet... :rofl:

DAY 15: sorry for no update on day 14... pokemon got me all night :p and i dont wanna open the tent after the light went out... so here we are on day 15, im doing this update 4hours before light goes out and few minutes before going after pokemons :p I think she look good with all these new leaves :eek:

Here are some sexy pics just for you masonman ;)

day_15_22.jpg
day_15_22.jpg
day_15_12.jpg
day_1512.jpg

DAY 16: QUESTION since its a bit hot when the light are on i was thinking about switching light on at night and light off during day... cant believe i didint think about it earlier :p question is how do i do that ? Should i keep the light on longer than 18 to flip my schedule or do it slowly !? like change the timer 15 min per day !?! Tought, Concerns :) No watering yet, cup is getting light but not yet... be patient boro. Nice foliage !

day_16_11.jpg
day_1612.jpg

day_16_height.jpg

Back
Top Bottom