Br4iNl3sS 1st Grow Journal - Indoor - Grow Tent - Coco Coir - Crown Royal - MH300

Looks like some of the heat stress has went away. She's getting close to needing to be transplanted into a 1 gallon pot. Next time she is dry, just before you water her, slip her main stem between your middle and ring finger. Flip her upside down and slip the pot off. Take a picture with your other hand if you can. You should see fine white roots spreading out all along the edge. If she is nice and thick with roots, don't water yet. Prepare your one gallon pot, transplant her, then completely soak the soil. Then do more wet/dry cycles.

Don't forget to score the root ball with a razor blade.

She can be topped whenever you like. She's ready.

:goodjob:
Looks like some of the heat stress has went away. She's getting close to needing to be transplanted into a 1 gallon pot. Next time she is dry, just before you water her, slip her main stem between your middle and ring finger. Flip her upside down and slip the pot off. Take a picture with your other hand if you can. You should see fine white roots spreading out all along the edge. If she is nice and thick with roots, don't water yet. Prepare your one gallon pot, transplant her, then completely soak the soil. Then do more wet/dry cycles.

Don't forget to score the root ball with a razor blade.

She can be topped whenever you like. She's ready.

DAY 22: Cant really see it on the pics but some leafs were yellow and crusty on the edge :( burrowed some more fans from my mom, hope it help for tomorrow but i wont be home to see what temps it reaches :(

day_2217.jpg
day_22_height.jpg

just for ma man Masonman, i was able to sneak my gf phone you will notice the picture are 6 times better quality 16 megapixel instead of 3... yeah the phone you see in the background is shattered and is mine lol :D also you cant see it in the pictures but there is a crack in the soil that goes all around the edge of the cup guess its time to look under her skirt, i mean root :p will probably transplant tonight :)

day23_4.jpg
day23_3.jpg
day23_2.jpg
day23_1.jpg
day237.jpg

Those are good pictures. I thought I saw a deficiency with the LEDs on. Notice the top leaves are lighter green at the edges and get darker towards the center? It looks like the very beginnings of Zinc deficiency. Your nutes should have potassium in it, that will fix it.

I would go ahead and transplant, take a picture of the roots if you can. Feed her 1/2 strength nutes.

Very soon, you're going to want to consider how you want to shape her for flower.

Vegging out a plant is all about building roots and shaping her for flower.... and not killing her :rofl:

If I remember correctly, you're using the MarsHydro 300 watt?

I would try to keep the canopy as flat as possible. Train her like I did.

Do the transplant
Feed her 1/2 strength nutes
2-3 days later, top her above the second "true 5 leaf" node.
Begin LST as soon as new top nodes are big enough to start tying down.

Always remember your wet/dry watering technique. Got to get her some roots!!!!

I also wanted to add a nute deficiency Brainless, I have been reading up on LED grows since I will be starting with mine in a month and apparently plants grown under LED uses more Magnesium, if you could get it try and use some CalMag, it isn't that difficult to get and couldn't do harm in trying. I already bought a 1kg pack for the grow and will most likely use a lot of it. I had a mag def on my grow and it sorted itself out once I added CalMag to the feedings. Other than that small issue everything looks good man:thumb:

Those lower leaves may or may not turn green again. Probably not.

Pay attention to the new growth on top. Your deficiency is not mobile. Meaning what ever it WAS deficient in, the plant was not able to borrow that nutrient from lower leaves to keep the new ones healthy.

Those lower leaves will be pruned anyway. If they offend you, just pluck them off.

No more water now until the pot dries out. Wait for the leaves to just slightly wilt, then drench her.

What did the roots look like when you transplanted?

Hoping they looked like this, or even more roots...
6-26_8_.jpg

sadly there was not a lot of roots and the pot she is in now suck... i have to tilt the pot for the water to run off... i was wondering can i transplant again in a few days, knowing i transplanted her 3 days ago !? either in a 3gal pot or directly in the 5 gallons. im sorry i cant upload the picture of the roots right now... my gf phone ignore me (seriously i swipe my finger on the screen to unlock it and it dosent detect it lol)

sadly there was not a lot of roots and the pot she is in now suck... i have to tilt the pot for the water to run off... i was wondering can i transplant again in a few days, knowing i transplanted her 3 days ago !? either in a 3gal pot or directly in the 5 gallons. im sorry i cant upload the picture of the roots right now... my gf phone ignore me (seriously i swipe my finger on the screen to unlock it and it dosent detect it lol)

It's your plant, you can do whatever you want.... :surf:
Every pot I've had, I've had to tilt in all directions to get water to drain out.

It's OK she didn't have much for roots in that cup. But, it's important now to fill the pot you're in with roots. This is your second chance.

I wouldn't put her in a bigger pot though. When you water the bigger pot, it'll take forever for the pot to dry out. The roots will get "lazy" from the abundance of water. It can be done, but I don't see any benefit in doing so.

Build your roots and train for flower. Be patient. And I can't stress enough the wet/dry cycles. I may have some help coming that has much more experience than I do. I wont be any help with bottled nutes.

Excellent advice (as usual) from MM.
I skimmed though the last 6 pages. One plant? One MH-300? Which GH nute's? The Flora series? How much of what did you give it?
I'm surprised you didn't have a lot more roots in that cup after 3 weeks. Some of the leaf problems look like PH fluctuation. I blame the coco for both problems, but IDK for sure.

If you are still under a single MH-300, I'd be planning for the flip sooner rather than later. That LED will only cover one modest-sized plant and she will stretch once flipped. For flowering, I'd say it will cover about a 1' x 1.5' area.

I can usually up-pot every two - three weeks but the roots are more developed than in your pic's. Maybe veg for another two weeks in 1 gal. then up-pot to the final size and flip. When I've flipped small plants, they will typically triple in size (minimum) while flowering. Some sativas will get MUCH bigger.

Looking good!! :thumb:

Excellent advice (as usual) from MM.
I skimmed though the last 6 pages. One plant? One MH-300? Which GH nute's? The Flora series? How much of what did you give it?
I'm surprised you didn't have a lot more roots in that cup after 3 weeks. Some of the leaf problems look like PH fluctuation. I blame the coco for both problems, but IDK for sure.

If you are still under a single MH-300, I'd be planning for the flip sooner rather than later. That LED will only cover one modest-sized plant and she will stretch once flipped. For flowering, I'd say it will cover about a 1' x 1.5' area.

I can usually up-pot every two - three weeks but the roots are more developed than in your pic's. Maybe veg for another two weeks in 1 gal. then up-pot to the final size and flip. When I've flipped small plants, they will typically triple in size (minimum) while flowering. Some sativas will get MUCH bigger.

Looking good!! :thumb:

First of all i would like to thank you for stopping by and helping. Yes only 1 plant and 1 Mars Hydro 300W LED in a 30"x30" tent for the moment i was thinking about making a clone since this one will probably end up smaller than i tought...(but that a whole different adventure)Nutes General Hydroponics Flora Series Performance pack. When i first put her in the cup it was potting soil for the first 3 weeks, i just transplanted her in coco 4 days ago and the first week or 2 was tap water without checking the PH since i was waiting for the PH pen and PPM thinggy. This lady is 70% Indica. Nutes i gave her so far 1 time 2.5ml of FloraGro, 2.5ml floraMicro, 1.25ml FloraBloom and 3 drop of RapidStart (root Enhancer) in 1 gal of water PH at 5,7 after nutes were put in.(also im a bad dad cause i had to leave her for a couple of days right after i transplanted her SORRY BBGRILL) I hope i answered all questions you had on my set-up if not feel free to ask them again :p

Back
Top Bottom