Br4iNl3sS 1st Grow Journal - Indoor - Grow Tent - Coco Coir - Crown Royal - MH300

DAY 16: QUESTION since its a bit hot when the light are on i was thinking about switching light on at night and light off during day... cant believe i didint think about it earlier :p question is how do i do that ? Should i keep the light on longer than 18 to flip my schedule or do it slowly !? like change the timer 15 min per day !?! Tought, Concerns :) No watering yet, cup is getting light but not yet... be patient boro. Nice foliage !

I've never changed the light schedule before. I'm pretty sure she will be just fine. Let the light stay on until she gets to the "new" lights off. Then let her sleep and wake up at new time.

Apparently i need to top and SCROg soon LBH's Famous ScrOG Tutorial it say i should start as early as possible but is 2 week too early :p !? i like good tuto with lots of txt and photos.

I personally wait longer. You just got your first node of true 5-bladed leafs. I top the 3rd node of 5-bladed sets. You can see my pic below. I topped her between the 2nd and 3rd node. The 3rd node and the very beginnings of the 4th went into the trash.

3-17_3_1.JPG
3-17_2_1.JPG

DAY 18: i watered her a couple of hours before taking the pics tonight the cup was light and the top soil was really crusty... also i added soil once again cause it felt like she could tip over, i swear it feels like if the roots are like 1/8" in the ground, its pretty weird... but she is holding in place now with the added soil. Beautiful true leaves :circle-of-love: are a little canoe :D Nothing to worry yet. I think !

day_18_12.jpg
day_18_height.jpg

DAY 19: I'm dead tired, all i have to say is there is a lot going on in the middle of that plant :) Thank for the straw trick Masonman useful as always !!!

OK, you see the top fan leaves curling? That's heat stress.

I see you the thermometer reading 28C, which is about 83F. That's not bad, but I suspect it's even hotter right under the light where the plant is.

How high above the top of the plant is the light? Do you have any circulation fans running?

Try hanging your temp sensor like I did in the picture below. You don't have to leave it this way, just hang it there long enough to know exactly what the temp is at canopy level.

DSCN038312.jpg

Make sence i had the same tought about the thermometer height a few days ago but didint think it was that important, LED is at 24" frpm the top of my baby i will try to find something to hang it there for some time, the thing is the temps varies a lot during a 24h period :( and yes there is a big ass oscillating fan in but its not always running at max (ther is 3 settings) cause im affraid it lowers the RH to much. Funny how you say that today, i was actually looking on the forum here about Canoe leafes :) Thanks again Mason is the man !

Make sence i had the same tought about the thermometer height a few days ago but didint think it was that important, LED is at 24" frpm the top of my baby i will try to find something to hang it there for some time, the thing is the temps varies a lot during a 24h period :( and yes there is a big ass oscillating fan in but its not always running at max (ther is 3 settings) cause im affraid it lowers the RH to much. Funny how you say that today, i was actually looking on the forum here about Canoe leafes :) Thanks again Mason is the man !

You'll think of a way to hang it. It doesn't need to be permanent, just for "lights on" then you can move it.

I'm only interested in the highest temp and the RH when that temp is reached. That's what's hurting her.

Also, high temps and LOW RH with a circulation fan blowing right on her will do the same thing.

Imagine this: It's cold outside, but the wind isn't blowing. You feel comfortable. Then, it gets windy. Now you start to shiver.

Plants experience a similar phenomenon. In still air, the plant has a boundary layer surrounding the leaves where the RH can be much higher than the surrounding atmosphere. Add wind, and the "boundary layer" is blown away, exposing the stomata to the "true RH". If that RH + Temp is harmful to the plant, the leaves will taco just like you see.

The relationship between the plant and temp/RH is complicated to explain. If you can keep RH around 50-60% you wont need to worry about the "boundary layer".

High heat AND low RH are bad for the plant with a circulation fan running.

I'm sorry if I didn't explain this well. Just keep asking questions, and I'll answer as best I can.

High heat AND low RH are bad for the plant with a circulation fan running.

last 2 days were pretty hot, 2 days ago it was 92 degree and 94% humidity at 11pm lol starting to get normal temp outside again

And to answer your question the temps is pretty much the same at the bas of the pot where the thermometer is that at the top granted the pot and plant are like 8-10 inches :p

Well temp might not be THAT high but it will surely be higher than what would be optimal, The wife is really annoying about letting the A/C running... she keep shutting it down :@

That's exactly what will happen if i leave the fan at the highest speed all the time :( other than mist bottle i wonder what i could do, and i'm going back to work after almost 2 years of injuries... bad timing lol. But like i said i have a 18" fan running 24/7 and the zipper of my tent is opened more when its hotter and very few at night so there is not too much light in the appt.

:thanks:

Sometimes we just do the best we can with what we have. Keep trying to work on getting your heat under control. :thumb:

Would you recommend taking the smaller fan i will someday receive... for an intake or an exhaust or blow directly on the BBgrill i wont be able to leave that big fan in there all the way :)

Would you recommend taking the smaller fan i will someday receive... for an intake or an exhaust or blow directly on the BBgrill i wont be able to leave that big fan in there all the way :)

Sooner than later your going to need a proper exhaust fan that you can connect a carbon filter to. That plant will stink up your entire house. You can buy a combo fan/filter for under $120 USD

Back
Top Bottom