Br4iNl3sS 1st Grow Journal - Indoor - Grow Tent - Coco Coir - Crown Royal - MH300

DAY: 32 and today im thinking about throwing her in the garbage and start over... Super taco leaf mode today... and the 3rd and 4th pic dosent rend justice of how much this plant is fucked... YAY or NAY

IMAG0267_1_.jpg
IMAG0266_1_.jpg
IMAG0265_1_.jpg
IMAG0264_1_.jpg

Your call. I'd try to figure out what's wrong. That's how we learn. It doesn't appear hopeless but you are there to see and feel it in person.

I agree with Major. If you don't figure out what is wrong now, you'll be doomed to repeat the same problem and still not know what is wrong.

The taco leaves are either Mag deficiency or heat stress. Both can be fixed and the plant will recover and be just fine.

I see you tried LST. In the future, try to use an "anchor line". Notice how when you tied her over, you pulled the base of the plant to diagonal? If you tie one line about 1 inch above the top of the soil and tie it off in the opposite direction of where you want to train her, it stabilizes the base of the plant. Less risk of damaging roots.

Are you waiting for the soil to dry out before you give her the Cal/Mag? I don't know how Major feels about this, but maybe go ahead and water her early with the cal/mag and what ever nutes you think is needed, then start the wet/dry cycle again eliminating nutes/PH as the problem. Sort of start from a clean slate.

Go ahead and pluck off those leaves at the bottom that are dying. It may make you feel better not looking at them every day. There gonna get pruned off eventually anyway.

I agree with Major. If you don't figure out what is wrong now, you'll be doomed to repeat the same problem and still not know what is wrong.

The taco leaves are either Mag deficiency or heat stress. Both can be fixed and the plant will recover and be just fine.

I see you tried LST. In the future, try to use an "anchor line". Notice how when you tied her over, you pulled the base of the plant to diagonal? If you tie one line about 1 inch above the top of the soil and tie it off in the opposite direction of where you want to train her, it stabilizes the base of the plant. Less risk of damaging roots.

Are you waiting for the soil to dry out before you give her the Cal/Mag? I don't know how Major feels about this, but maybe go ahead and water her early with the cal/mag and what ever nutes you think is needed, then start the wet/dry cycle again eliminating nutes/PH as the problem. Sort of start from a clean slate.

Go ahead and pluck off those leaves at the bottom that are dying. It may make you feel better not looking at them every day. There gonna get pruned off eventually anyway.

So many thongs went wrong lol not being able to Ph my water for the 3 first week, no nutes or cal-mag or anytging until day 26, my cat chewing 1 entire leaf and just a little bit of 2-3 other leaves, heat problem in the first 3 weeks (if i start over i dont have to worry about heat for 7 months :p (CANADA)) bad lighting cycle for the firs 2 week or so i was giving 16 hours instead of 18... this explains that... im not shure yet what to do... i have a glass of water PH at 5,5 with a small drip of hydrogen peroxyde in it and wondering if i shoud do it or not... will sleep on that tought. I was also thingking about a way i could "split my tent" so i can start a new one without having to spend an other 350$ I know 32"x 32" is small but seedling and veg require just a tiny part of it and i would manually block 1 side of the tent everyday after 12h of light :p

EDIT: maybe i could take the flowering one out of the tent after 12h and bring her back in when the light goes back on...

So many thongs went wrong lol not being able to Ph my water for the 3 first week, no nutes or cal-mag or anytging until day 26, my cat chewing 1 entire leaf and just a little bit of 2-3 other leaves, heat problem in the first 3 weeks (if i start over i dont have to worry about heat for 7 months :p (CANADA)) bad lighting cycle for the firs 2 week or so i was giving 16 hours instead of 18... this explains that... im not shure yet what to do... i have a glass of water PH at 5,5 with a small drip of hydrogen peroxyde in it and wondering if i shoud do it or not... will sleep on that tought. I was also thingking about a way i could "split my tent" so i can start a new one without having to spend an other 350$ I know 32"x 32" is small but seedling and veg require just a tiny part of it and i would manually block 1 side of the tent everyday after 12h of light :p

EDIT: maybe i could take the flowering one out of the tent after 12h and bring her back in when the light goes back on...

But, even with all those problems, she's really not in that bad of shape. She can recover just fine. You know what needs to be done now. Just do it and she'll be fine.

Remember before when I said to give her half strength nutes? Go ahead and give her the other half along with the cal/mag. Then go back to wet/dry cycles. Cut off those near dead leaves at the bottom. I promise you'll be much happier with her in a couple days. You'll thank yourself for not giving up.

Don't worry too much man, I would say it is your own decision too, but rather than giving up try and save it because if you don't learn from it and the next grow ends up the same you will feel discouraged and not wanting to try again. Both me and Metalpoet had some issues, go check out her grow journal. She was encouraged to hang on a little bit and it paid off by giving a really nice looking plant.

Below is some of the issues I had, plant was curling downwards, a lot of leaves started turning brown and the plant was really small for it's size.
IMG_20160616_214532.jpg

IMG_20160616_214541.jpg

Decided to not give up and see if I could save it, this is how it looked right before I discovered it was a male.

IMG_20160719_170033.jpg

Sleep on it man because throwing it out after the work you put in just blows.

Does the plant have enough air circulation and is the light a nice distance from the plant?

Dude - I've had worse looking plants that ended up doing right by me.

GT_11.jpg
GASS11.jpg

GT261.jpg

But, even with all those problems, she's really not in that bad of shape. She can recover just fine. You know what needs to be done now. Just do it and she'll be fine.

Remember before when I said to give her half strength nutes? Go ahead and give her the other half along with the cal/mag. Then go back to wet/dry cycles. Cut off those near dead leaves at the bottom. I promise you'll be much happier with her in a couple days. You'll thank yourself for not giving up.

I watered her 2 days ago at 1/2 nute strength and little less than 1/2 strength cal-mag are you suggesting i re-water with full strength nutes and cal-mag !? I'm using Jurassic Cal-Mag 12-0-0

I watered her 2 days ago at 1/2 nute strength and little less than 1/2 strength cal-mag are you suggesting i re-water with full strength nutes and cal-mag !? I'm using Jurassic Cal-Mag 12-0-0

I was only aware of the one half strength feeding at transplant. If you've fed her again since then, disregard what I said. I really don't know anything about nutes, don't want you to burn her based on stupid me.

Since you fed her 2 days ago, the leaf taco could be heat stress again. Does your sensor record daily highs and lows?

BTW... I have two sick girls. I'm not gonna cull them though. They will be just fine. I used too much foliar spray. I was a bad daddy!!!

DSCN044315.jpg
DSCN04419.jpg

Masonman im back at home after an attempt to go back at work for 2 week... i was able to see the max temp since 5 days and never went over 77, finally fresh weather is here.I did what you said about the lower stem i'm pulling her from the bottom of the stem on the other direction(damage might already be done) but i dont feel like i pulled that hard on the first direction for LST. Anyway lesson learned Also i dont think you are a bad dad unless your little girl end up fucked up like mine is :p

when would you clone your little girl !? if she end up so small after all the beating i gave her.. i might wanna make 1 extra small clone :)

Not until she's as healthy as possible.

Not until she's as healthy as possible.

So i will clone her and make her go in flower straight away then :p planning on flipping in less than 10 days... also how long do you keep you water.. like i use a 1 gal jug bu i barely used 15-20% in 2 week... should i throw it awya and make a new batch with fresh nutes and cal mag (also i use water from my brita :p)

So i will clone her and make her go in flower straight away then :p planning on flipping in less than 10 days... also how long do you keep you water.. like i use a 1 gal jug bu i barely used 15-20% in 2 week... should i throw it awya and make a new batch with fresh nutes and cal mag (also i use water from my brita :p)

I have no idea about the shelf life of mixed nutes. Maybe Major will know.

She looks small to pull enough off for a viable cutting.
I've never read how long GH nute's can be stored once mixed. I think, if kept cool and dark, they are probably OK for quite a while. It's not like they are full of organic matter and bacteria. I mix and feed mine within seconds or minutes but not because I'm worried about them going bad. It would e a good question for the folks at Gen Hydro.

Back
Top Bottom