Brix! The Quest For Grade AAA Organic Cannabis

I think i posted that after your edit? So sorry! Didnt see the last part. So ive been underfeeding for sure. Thank you. Ill keep the feeds between 4-8ml for my 4 plants in 1 gal pots. When i up to 7gal pots ill make sure to go at a rate of 1ml per gal of soil at least. Thanks for clearing that up. Until then ill drench GE next and do a recue drench after then return to top watering :thanks:

Will be doing the dunk next as Doc suggests but Im getting confused on the dose when top watering. Help me out cali. I have 4 plants in 1gal pots. 1gal of water will water all 4 pots perfectly. Do i put in 1ml of GE or 4ml of GE? I dont understand and think i may be under feeding.

You are watering in the soil with nutrients. Top water with 1ml GE per 1 gallon of soil. Top water with 7ml GE per 1 gallon of soil.

The amount of water you use is irrelevant.

Because I grow different strains of different sizes, usually 3 or less need watering on any given day, so I mix up nutrients per each plant because it's simpler.

My EXACT routine for top watering.

1) Check moisture and count our the number of 1 gallon plants that need water.
2) For each 1 gallon plant add 0.1ml tea to a teacup of water
- do something else for 5 minutes.

3) Check the feeding schedule on the plant that needs water, - add either 1 ml GE, 0.2ml transplant, or nothing.
4) Dump the teacup mix into a watering can with about 1/2 the water I plan to use. Feed one plant.
5) Add plain water until done watering.
repeat steps 3-5 for the next plant

For 7 gallon plants in flower, I do more like you do. I water them as a group.

1) For each 7 gallon plant add 0.5ml tea and 1 cup water - so for 3 plants put 1.5 ml tea in 3 cups of water

2) Add either 21 ml GE (3 x 7 ml), 21 ml TRANSPLANT (3 x 7ml), or nothing - based on the feeding schedue.

3) pour 1 cup of mix into a watering can (with or without more water.) Feed one plant.
4) Add plain water until done watering.
repeat steps 3-4 for each plant

You are watering in the soil with nutrients. Top water with 1ml GE per 1 gallon of soil. Top water with 7ml GE per 1 gallon of soil.

Because I grow different strains of different sizes, usually 3 or less need watering on any given day, so I mix up nutrients per each plant because it's simpler.

3) Check the feeding schedule on the plant that needs water, - add either 1 ml GE, 0.2ml transplant, or nothing.
4) Dump the teacup mix into a watering can with about 1/2 the water I plan to use. Feed one plant.

1) For each 7 gallon plant add 0.5ml tea and 1 cup water - so for 3 plants put 1.5 ml tea in 3 cups of water

2) Add either 21 ml GE (3 x 7 ml), 21 ml TRANSPLANT (3 x 7ml), or nothing - based on the feeding schedue.

3) pour 1 cup of mix into a watering can (with or without more water.) Feed one plant.
:hmmmm:Is the five minute wait so the tea binds with the water and does not interact with the GE or TP?:Namaste:

Ok Doc, i can def do a drench next instead of top water but once i transplant into 7gal i will not be able to drench the plants. Is top watering really not ok or am i watering at too weak of a dose? See below cali brings up a great point.

Cali i gave you rep for that! Sweet catch :passitleft: your 100% right. I put 2ml into 1gal of water and split that amonst the 4 plants in 1 gal pots top watered. I figured 2ml per 1gal pot was strong since im top watering and not drenching but im not sure if i should be adding 8ml since its a total of 4 gal of soil. The 4 gal of soil is divided into four 1gal pots. So if i put 8ml in 1 gallon of water and water 4 pots evenly that will equal 2ml per gal of soil? Im very confused here with the rates.

Since im watering each individual container seperately i thought 2ml in a gal for all 4 plants was pushing it but i think i should be around 4ml -8ml. 4ml=1ml per 1 gal container to 8ml=2ml per 1 gal container if im watering 4 plants in 1gal contaainers. Then i will be able to continue top watering all 4 pots without issues?

Thoughts?

Hey RF! Just wanted to chime in--this is not an exact math, but if you want to try to think of how much drench to use in terms of how much water needed, using around 6ml of drench per gallon of water is about right. When I 'water', I put at least 1oz (~30ml) of drench into a 5 gallon bucket of filtered water--sometimes as much as 2.5oz's. Then I do the drench technique Doc outlined on the site: How We Water — Minerals, Microbes, and Magic

If I had to guess, they look like they are not getting enough time between waterings, may be getting a bit cold at night, may have some RH issues?

Regardless, hope this helps!

--Stoney

Thinking you may know this but thought I would throw it out there just in case. Here is a link that may help with your PM.

How to Make and Use Your Own Lactobacillus Culture - Dude Grows

Very interesting thanks JM. I found baking soda and think ill try that first and then maybe go to sm90 if that doesnt do. I will probably just end up getting sm 90 as i will probably have to spray again before flower but that lacto stuff looks really cool.

Thanks Rado for the protip. Def was under feeding. Ill do my tea like that from now on. Had no idea it helps to let it sit out.

Lets the microherd wake up and get active.

Thanks JM i had no idea it helps them to wake up. Ill be doing that from now on.

I think your plants are so hungry :morenutes: especially for nitrogen

The are starving, Welcome in bax. :passitleft:

Hey RF! Just wanted to chime in--this is not an exact math, but if you want to try to think of how much drench to use in terms of how much water needed, using around 6ml of drench per gallon of water is about right. When I 'water', I put at least 1oz (~30ml) of drench into a 5 gallon bucket of filtered water--sometimes as much as 2.5oz's. Then I do the drench technique Doc outlined on the site: How We Water — Minerals, Microbes, and Magic

If I had to guess, they look like they are not getting enough time between waterings, may be getting a bit cold at night, may have some RH issues?

Regardless, hope this helps!

--Stoney

Thanks SM. Thats a big help. Basically they are starving because i got confused on the dosages. On the bottle its 1ml for each gal of soil. So i thought 2ml would be more then enough for all 4 plants if i water individually from the top. 1 gal of water is just what saturates all 4 pots i would have put 2ml in 2gal if thats what it takes to get the pot saturated but the plants only need 1 gal. I thought 2ml for 1gal of soil would be pushing it but i should actually be adding up all the soil even though they are being watered separate. So its a total of 4gal of soil but the way i was looking at it was 1gal of soil in 4pots. I thought id overdose at more then 2ml but i should actually be at about 4-6ml since i water all 4 plants at once. Ill be doing a GE drench then a Rescue drench then ill water +tea then back to my top watering at a rate of 6ml per gal(or what ever amount of water they take) and when i uppot to 7gal ill make sure to add the soil together and not go off individual pots.

Very interesting thanks JM. I found baking soda and think ill try that first and then maybe go to sm90 if that doesnt do. I will probably just end up getting sm 90 as i will probably have to spray again before flower but that lacto stuff looks really cool.

Thanks Rado for the protip. Def was under feeding. Ill do my tea like that from now on. Had no idea it helps to let it sit out.

Thanks JM i had no idea it helps them to wake up. Ill be doing that from now on.

The are starving, Welcome in bax. :passitleft:

Thanks SM. Thats a big help. Basically they are starving because i got confused on the dosages. On the bottle its 1ml for each gal of soil. So i thought 2ml would be more then enough for all 4 plants if i water individually from the top. 1 gal of water is just what saturates all 4 pots i would have put 2ml in 2gal if thats what it takes to get the pot saturated but the plants only need 1 gal. I thought 2ml for 1gal of soil would be pushing it but i should actually be adding up all the soil even though they are being watered separate. So its a total of 4gal of soil but the way i was looking at it was 1gal of soil in 4pots. I thought id overdose at more then 2ml but i should actually be at about 4-6ml since i water all 4 plants at once. Ill be doing a GE drench then a Rescue drench then ill water +tea then back to my top watering at a rate of 6ml per gal(or what ever amount of water they take) and when i uppot to 7gal ill make sure to add the soil together and not go off individual pots.

Doc says it is better to err on the high side than the low side with his products.

Personally I have been feeding at 1.5 ml per gallon of soil and they love it.

Hey thanks overloard. I do remeber doc saying that. I tried 1.5ml but then did 2ml my last watering and it still wasnt enough but i realize now 1.5ml would actually be 6ml for my 4 plants. So once i return to top watering ill be doing 6ml for the 4 1 gal pots. I cant wait they should explode after getting the proper dose

Hey thanks overloard. I do remeber doc saying that. I tried 1.5ml but then did 2ml my last watering and it still wasnt enough but i realize now 1.5ml would actually be 6ml for my 4 plants. So once i return to top watering ill be doing 6ml for the 4 1 gal pots. I cant wait they should explode after getting the proper dose

Remember when dunking to double the amount.

Hey Rich! I'm subbed up and all caught up! Thanks for dropping by my journal. I see the gangs all here. I have my exhaust fan running 24/7 on a speed controller at about 70%. I have a temp controller from inkbird and they also offer a humidity controller, these are good only for highs/lows and you cannot set night time AND day time temps so a combo controller may be better, I was just looking at the one OL got which is the Titan Spartan which can be had for about 140 bones. I actually enjoy dunking my #1's and fed pretty heavy, following along with the Dark/Doc apprentice journal. They're in 15's now so I will obviously not be dunking but I got some nice big saucers so can give 1/2 in saucer and 1/2 over the top. i see you have lots of experienced brixxers helping out so I am sure ou get those girls straightened out soon!

:passitleft:

There are 2 versions, a basic and a complete. The complete version is gonna run 350 to 400.

Do you know the difference?mwould it be fairly easy to explain? I'll be interested to hear about how you set up the controllers in your tents. I am having a hard time picturing where the dehuey, AC and heater would go in a 4X4. I luckily have found a sweet spot with my environment so a controller would not be much help.

Do you know the difference?mwould it be fairly easy to explain? I'll be interested to hear about how you set up the controllers in your tents. I am having a hard time picturing where the dehuey, AC and heater would go in a 4X4. I luckily have found a sweet spot with my environment so a controller would not be much help.

I am not able to set it up right now due to a large scrog in my way. I will set it up when this grow is over.

My humidifier is a whole house and it sets outside the tent when needed.

Just an exhaust fan, no AC or Heater other than the one that runs for the entire house.

Basic Controller

Easily control the temperature and humidity in your room with the Spartan Series Basic Digital Environmental Controller. Capable of controlling your heating, cooling, timing and humidity needs, the controller features a user friendly analog interface with large easy to read displays. The sensor includes a photocell which allows you to have day and night settings. The timing outlet can be used to activate a trigger based lighting controller or used to run a CO2 generator or regulator. Enclosure resists dust, rust and moisture. 14.5 Amps maximum/120 Volts/60Hz.

Complete Controller

This controller will allow you to precisely monitor and control the environment in your grow room. Featuring an easy to use analog interface, this digital controller is easy to program and use. Each set point (temperature, humidity and CO2) are programmed using a set of dedicated knobs. Readings are displayed on easy to read digital displays. The sensor which measures the temperature, humidity, light and CO2 levels in your room attaches to the controller with a 15 ft cord. Enclosure resists dust, rust and moisture. 14.5 Amps maximum/120 Volts/60Hz.

Thanks for reminding me. :passitleft: I def need to make sure i get the dose right the next watering. The drenches need so much product. Two more drenches then back to top watering. I have to look up what makes a rescue drench. When do you start the foilers?

I usually start the foliars around the 4th node, or whenever they look more like a plant than a stalk with a few leaves.

Here they are today, looking a little better everyday. Ill do the drench next but still would prefer top watering if possible.
20180209_153510.jpg

I mix up 2 TBSP (30ml) for each 3-4 ft plant in flower.

For this batch, I would mix up 1 TBSP (15ml) of water to 1/2 ml Brix Foliar.

If they look bigger than this picture, go 2 TBSP (30ml) water and 1 ml Brix Foliar.

Small finger-pump mister bottles work well, but they all seem to break after 3-500 pumps.

After use, I flush the nozzle with 15-20 pumps of plain water

The 1qt and larger misters spray faster and last a lot longer, but they use a lot of product since they don't work well on the last 2-8 TBSP of foliar.

Back
Top Bottom