Brix! The Quest For Grade AAA Organic Cannabis

Hey Rich! I'm subbed up and all caught up! Thanks for dropping by my journal. I see the gangs all here. I have my exhaust fan running 24/7 on a speed controller at about 70%. I have a temp controller from inkbird and they also offer a humidity controller, these are good only for highs/lows and you cannot set night time AND day time temps so a combo controller may be better, I was just looking at the one OL got which is the Titan Spartan which can be had for about 140 bones. I actually enjoy dunking my #1's and fed pretty heavy, following along with the Dark/Doc apprentice journal. They're in 15's now so I will obviously not be dunking but I got some nice big saucers so can give 1/2 in saucer and 1/2 over the top. i see you have lots of experienced brixxers helping out so I am sure ou get those girls straightened out soon!

:passitleft:

Welcome in ween. This journal has a lot of twists lol. Those controllers are awesome. Definitely something i will look into when i have a room. 15s! Cant wait to see how big your girls get.

I usually start the foliars around the 4th node, or whenever they look more like a plant than a stalk with a few leaves.

I mix up 2 TBSP (30ml) for each 3-4 ft plant in flower.

For this batch, I would mix up 1 TBSP (15ml) of water to 1/2 ml Brix Foliar.

If they look bigger than this picture, go 2 TBSP (30ml) water and 1 ml Brix Foliar.

Small finger-pump mister bottles work well, but they all seem to break after 3-500 pumps.

After use, I flush the nozzle with 15-20 pumps of plain water

The 1qt and larger misters spray faster and last a lot longer, but they use a lot of product since they don't work well on the last 2-8 TBSP of foliar.

Big help Rado! Guess its time to do some foiliers. Ill be sure to get one of those finger pumps. I think i may have one around some where. Saved the foilier info thanks again rado

Finally start training them. This has been a bit of a lazy grow. Here they are today. Hoping they will be dry soon for the drench.

20180213_152502.jpg
20180213_154037.jpg
20180213_154032.jpg
20180213_154029.jpg
20180213_154025.jpg

That's usually not a problem but it's all one big learning curve just gotta roll with it.

Yeah, true. Of all the problems i could have, underfeeding isnt the worst and should correct really fast when they get the proper dose. It was just so simple. I dont know why i was getting so confused. I thiught if i added all the soil together when water individually i would be overdosing.

With food they are going to pop.

Thanks JM! I cant wait for the next feed. The pots feel really heavy still. Hopefully only a few more days.

They look like they will train nicely once they all start doing this!

Thanks Rado. After the next watering i should start to get some big bushy girls. Very excited. I just topped up with more soil but how long do yiu think until i should transplant into 7gal?

Found my little sprayer. Hoping this helps the ladies out a bit gonna spray some brix today. Do i do it at lights off or can i just dim my light to a few watts until they dry up?
1518632425726834663897.jpg

Hey RF! You want those #1's to fill with roots. Have you been following darks journal as doc shows him the ropes? That'd be a good one to follow for sure! I've done about 3 or 4 Kit harvests so far and am learning a lot from it and following along. They vegged in the 1's for just over 2 months and that is what I did too. How long have your been vegging?

Also, about Brix, you should do at lights on as the stmomata (I think that's the term) are opened then. You are spraying the bottom of the leaves and not too much, also don't make it too strong, rad said 15ml of h2o to .5 ml of Brix which is the right ratio. I do 1 ml of Brix per oz of h2o, same thing. Usually it's 4 oz of h2o with 4ml of Brix but I have more to cover.

Hey RF! You want those #1's to fill with roots. Have you been following darks journal as doc shows him the ropes? That'd be a good one to follow for sure! I've done about 3 or 4 Kit harvests so far and am learning a lot from it and following along. They vegged in the 1's for just over 2 months and that is what I did too. How long have your been vegging?

Also, about Brix, you should do at lights on as the stmomata (I think that's the term) are opened then. You are spraying the bottom of the leaves and not too much, also don't make it too strong, rad said 15ml of h2o to .5 ml of Brix which is the right ratio. I do 1 ml of Brix per oz of h2o, same thing. Usually it's 4 oz of h2o with 4ml of Brix but I have more to cover.

Hey ween, Thank you so much. I am in darks thread but my plants are a younger then his. i didnt see mention on when to start foilers just that he is doing them. Thats the other thing is he has transplanted if i recall. The pots have a lot of roots but are still taking more then a few days to dry. Is that normal? I also topped up the pots with soil so ill let them build up but i thought they would be needing water more often by now. 2 months in 1s thats good to know thouhh and I think im on track.

Also should i be doing brix or destress? Says destress for vigor every 7 to 10 days and i have not used it once. Since they are hungry i wasnt sure which one to use.

So how long have yours been in the 1's?

Dark has a couple spots where he recaps what he did on certain dates which is where you can see where he started the foliars but regardless, you are past that period and should foliar now, I'm gonna say Brix and then destress in a couple few days but maybe someone with more experience will chime in. Maybe when you use destress, go 1/2 strength so it would be 1/4 ml to 1 oz of h2o. Destress is only to be given if the plants are stressed which it seems like yours are a little. From now on, Brix every 7-10 or some even do it every 14 days, I do about 10.

I transplanted just past 2 months and could have gone a little longer, room for improvement with my roots and they only got water/fed every 2 days. With dunking, we are giving them quite a bit of drench, it was about 30ml each time and dark upped his to 45 or 60 in more water because the plants were no longer fitting well into the 5 gallon buckets. Point is, you should dunk, it is cathartic and the plants love it!

Rock on!

:theband:

I picked a day... Yep Friday, that is my day to brix plants. The de-stress, if I feel they need it by looking at them. I have some plants that are at the 1 month mark and no de-stress at all.

Ok so I suspect sme of the problems you had along the way slowed em down. I think when doc comes back he'll help you get em back on track.

I dropped my seeds on 12/10 and transplanted then 6 days ago.

Looking excellent ween. I agree. I think they are just a bit stunted but im sure they well be ready soon enough. Cant wait to see what your monsters look like with buds

I picked a day... Yep Friday, that is my day to brix plants. The de-stress, if I feel they need it by looking at them. I have some plants that are at the 1 month mark and no de-stress at all.

Thanks JM big help. Ok i brixed them today! Wed will be my day for the brix. I hope they enjoyed their misting.

Found my little sprayer. Hoping this helps the ladies out a bit gonna spray some brix today. Do i do it at lights off or can i just dim my light to a few watts until they dry up?
1518632425726834663897.jpg

Good size for a small tent worth of plants :)

I would buy a second one for the day that one breaks.

Going back in my thread it looks like my last watering was 2/7 over 7 days ago. I just checked the bottoms of the pots and the soil looks wet. Thoughts?

How often to water1 gal pots? I pulled cards on 2 plants from last winter's HiBrix soil for comparison.

data from AK47 card said:
AK47 clone was dunk watered/fed on 3/5, 4/4, 4/14, 4/17, 5/5
-- put into flower on 5/7 at 16" high by 20" wide
Top watered/fed every 3-4 days
Harvested 58 days later at 30" tall for 84g
data from Lilly card said:
Lilly fem seed was planted 12/26
Dunk watered/fed on 2/6, 2/14, 2/21, 3/2, 3/29, 4/3, 4/7
-- put into flower on 4/14 at 18" high by 21" wide
Top watered/fed every 2-3 days
Harvested 54 days later at 37" tall for 94g

note that Lilly (a seed) went 42 days before her second watering, clones usually go about 30 days.

Lilly days between = 42-8-7-10-27-5-4 then flower
AK47 days between= 30-10-3-18 then flower

not exactly even schedules.

I use a soil probe and water when the soil dries out most of the way down to bottom of the pot

This is for my room running about 75F, 40-50% humidity, and relatively weak lights.
Your plants may need more frequent water. :)

I may not water enough - but I water completely.

One of the things I like about dunking 1 gal pots, complete watering.
How much extra product to dunk water - since you plan to do 4 plants at once.

For top watering 1 gal plants, @ 1ML per each of 4 plants = 4ML total.

For dunking 1 gal plants, @ 2ML for plant #1 - reuse the water by adding more water and 1ML to the used water, dunk plant #2 ---repeat.
4 plants = 5ML total. This is ony using 1ML more product.
:thumb:

I water mine when I notice pot is very light. If they are not wilting I always force myself to say " Not yet ". Seems to help me make some real nice root balls. The one thing I have just started doing is putting a very, very small amount of water on top soil just to try and keep it damp more like a heavy misting. Need to make roots come more to surface.

I water mine when I notice pot is very light. If they are not wilting I always force myself to say " Not yet ". Seems to help me make some real nice root balls. The one thing I have just started doing is putting a very, very small amount of water on top soil just to try and keep it damp more like a heavy misting. Need to make roots come more to surface.

I need to better at this. My roots were pretty good but could be a lot better. I started this round keeping the top moist but then kept forgetting. I was over at your journal one those rootballs are very impressive! Gonna stop over and sud up!

Here are my roots from when I transplanted just over a week ago.

IMG_20180208_180551.jpg

IMG_20180208_172911.jpg

That is what mine were looking like. I started trying to do a heavy mist on top and it helped a lot. It will get them roots that are diving to the bottom of the pot to turn and go to the surface. I am also going to get some straw and put a layer of mulch on mine. Not sure if Doc will say its good, I think it will be.

Back
Top Bottom