Bruce Banner Marries A Watermelon - SIP Grow

Sounds good. Everything is back on the hang and I will do a 24 hour jar test with each of the plants using a big cola and see where they land. That puts me at 10 days of hanging.

Clearly there is still a fair amount of moisture in there. Both bags were at 71% when I got home.

Glad to know the jars will help even things out.

I was hoping for that with my last batch but the outside stayed crunchy. Those jars have been at 60% since, jeez, maybe mid January.

Clearly there is still a fair amount of moisture in there. Both bags were at 71% when I got home.

You do want it even, but at a much lower number.

When you seal the jar the moisture from inside the buds will be drawn into the dryer outer surfaces of the buds, and the whole thing will even out at that moisture level.

Then you let them dry a bit again on the outside before putting them back in the sealed jar to re-balance once again, but this time at a lower over all level.

Once you get closer to 62% you can start just burping the jars to exchange drier air for the wetter in-jar air.

Eventually you'll get close to 62% and then the burping is more to refresh to air for the microbes that are doing the curing for you.

If, on the other hand, you dry it too much (like mid 50% ish) the curing will stop and you get whatever you have at that point which is why you don't want to dry too fast, but also not too slow or mold can ruin the entire harvest.

A balancing act.

Sorry I am a bit slow at times haha.

So if I am understanding correctly, they can go into jars now, let them hang for a set period of time, tbd, to spread the moisture back through the buds. Then out of the jars for a set period of time, tbd, to allow more moisture to evaporate off. Then rinse and repeat until the rh in the jars are at or damn near 62%. This is when daily burping happens until like 60%? And then weekly for the next few weeks??

Sorry I added my own thoughts into what you had said so hopefully it makes sense…

Sounds good. Everything is back on the hang and I will do a 24 hour jar test with each of the plants using a big cola and see where they land. That puts me at 10 days of hanging.

I was hoping for that with my last batch but the outside stayed crunchy. Those jars have been at 60% since, jeez, maybe mid January.
For older dryer bud - Anything that seems a bit to dry for you, take a nice fresh fan leaf, put it in the jar overnight with the nuggets. I wouldn't leave it in there any longer than 24hrs at most. Need a bit more, add a new fan fan leaf. This has helped revive some dust nuggets I had around. You know the kind you grind, it literally turns to dust.

Sorry I am a bit slow at times haha.

So if I am understanding correctly, they can go into jars now, let them hang for a set period of time, tbd, to spread the moisture back through the buds. Then out of the jars for a set period of time, tbd, to allow more moisture to evaporate off. Then rinse and repeat until the rh in the jars are at or damn near 62%. This is when daily burping happens until like 60%? And then weekly for the next few weeks??

Sorry I added my own thoughts into what you had said so hopefully it makes sense…
You got it. :thumb:

You got it. :thumb:
So if it was you, how long would you jar at this point?

My initial thought is 24 hours. This seemed to get the RH in the bags up to 70%.

Then out for another 24-48 hours until they are just before crunchy.

Rinse repeat?

Depends on how attentive you can be with them. Above 70% and I don't like to leave them jarred for too long so I'd go 8-12 hours. Below 70 and I feel like I've got more flexibility and can leave them closed up in the jars longer.

And, depending on your ambient humidity 24-48 hours out is probably way too long. You want just long enough to have then feel dry on the outside again which is likely just a few hours.

Play around with it and keep good notes, but err on the shorter side of things initially.

Awesome! Ok so will jar tonight. Can open the lids in the morning for 30-45 mins and then close em up. Then tomorrow afternoon same thing. Open them up for an hour and close the back up.

Keep that up until I hit a consistent 62-61% and then just burp every 3 - 4 days?

Also side note / rant / whoops / damn marketing emails…

I just used my @Royal Queen Seeds points as it seems they are going to a new loyalty program.

Anyways shot in the dark with something g I’ve never heard of LOL.

Shogun and I got a free OG Kush :)

Looks like these are slated for winter/spring.

How in the world do I have my next 3 grows planned….

Also side note / rant / whoops / damn marketing emails…

I just used my @Royal Queen Seeds points as it seems they are going to a new loyalty program.

Anyways shot in the dark with something g I’ve never heard of LOL.

Shogun and I got a free OG Kush :)

Looks like these are slated for winter/spring.

How in the world do I have my next 3 grows planned….
Lol this is my life right now, I actually have the next 3 grows vegging right now and enough seeds for four years worth of grows.

Back
Top Bottom