Sponsored Grow Journal, Featuring The Cultiuana CT-720 LED Grow Light, 27gal SIP Containers & Clones

Today we are at day 39 of bloom, starting at the beginning of actual bloom and not the flip which happened 7 days earlier. So consider that as you look at these pictures, that according to some I am at day 39 and to others I am at day 46. Also consider the effect of the sunset trigger lights to put the plants to sleep earlier, and some say that this will cause a faster finish.

I did rough cut some plastic sheeting to place over the tops of the containers. I made no attempt to get a good seal because with my tomato cage legs sticking in the soil, and dealing with the trunks of the plants, I would have no choice but to custom design each individual cover to each plant, and they would not be reusable. So a few days ago I put these loose fitting covers over the pots as best I could, simply with one slit cut to fit around the plant. After a couple of days I can report to you that water is being trapped at the surface and the surface is wetter than it was without the covers. I am going to call this a success.

covered tubs.JPG

According to published information, the Green Cracks fall within their harvest window in 9 days. This seems possible, looking at the buds and the amount of amber trichomes up near the top, easily spotted on the upper sun leaves. The trichomes are very dense and noticeably long... these buds just look powerful.

green crack 1.JPG
green crack 2.JPG
green crack 3.JPG

Strawberry lemonade comes due in 16 days, and she does look like she is in her last two weeks. The very strong lemon smell is obvious after handling the buds. They are very tight and strongly lemony smelling already.

strawberry lemonade 1.JPG
strawberry lemonade 2.JPG

The Hulkberrys are going to be the long runners. The bulky buds look awesome and look like they are still blooming hard, with lots of white pistils still proudly displayed. Her harvest window doesn't open up for about 30 days yet. Her leaves are turning fall and berry colors and she is definitely putting on the weight.

hulkberry 1.JPG
hulkberry 2.JPG

Tonight I have some beautiful pictures for you. Thanks to the massive amount of light consistently pouring down on these plants from the @Cultiuana CT-720, we have developed some very impressive buds in this room! I have a yellowing on my Strawberry Lemonade that says she wants more potassium, more than everyone else needs apparently. She is the tallest, so she can be the most needy too. Her buds look great and we are only a couple of weeks at most away from harvest, so I am not fretting too much over this.

We are at day 43 of bloom, and the Green Crack first hits its window on the 6th... I think she is going to be ready. The lemonade needs 13 more days and the Hulkberry 20 more days to get even more beautiful.

Green Crack
green crack closer.JPG
green crack close.JPG

green crack bud 2.JPG
green crack bud 1.JPG

:bong:

Strawberry Lemonade
strawberry lemonade tower.JPG
strawberry lemonade 1 (2).JPG

:Rasta:

Hulkberry

hulkberry bud.JPG
hulkberry close.JPG
hulkberry.JPG

:ganjamon:

The plants have now all been blooming under the powerful @Cultiuana CT-720 for 7 weeks and 3 days. All of the buds in the room, across 3 different varieties, are hard and dank. All but the Strawberry Lemonade have not been fed for 21 days, she was fed 7 days ago. Her leaves started to green up a bit at the bottom, but she never did get a full green back and I am afraid that she looks like lemonade. It hasn't seemed to stop her from building some awesome buds, and ones that just reek of lemon terpenes.

Because of my refusal to feed at the end, assuming that there was still plenty of leftover nutes to get them through, all of the plants are starting to show senescence, but not alarmingly so. The Green Crack will be harvested in the next several days as I am just starting now to see amber at the top. Strawberry Lemonade is going to finish up next week, and the week after we will harvest Hulkberry.

Here are some pretty pictures of all of the buds... most of the closeups are of Green Crack.

thick bud.JPG
yummy bud.JPG
good trich shot.JPG
gc closeup.JPG
GC23.JPG
HB showing off.JPG
HB fall colors.JPG
gczoom2.JPG
gc zoom.JPG
Green Crack on the vine.JPG

The plants have now all been blooming under the powerful @Cultiuana CT-720 for 7 weeks and 3 days. All of the buds in the room, across 3 different varieties, are hard and dank. All but the Strawberry Lemonade have not been fed for 21 days, she was fed 7 days ago. Her leaves started to green up a bit at the bottom, but she never did get a full green back and I am afraid that she looks like lemonade. It hasn't seemed to stop her from building some awesome buds, and ones that just reek of lemon terpenes.

Because of my refusal to feed at the end, assuming that there was still plenty of leftover nutes to get them through, all of the plants are starting to show senescence, but not alarmingly so. The Green Crack will be harvested in the next several days as I am just starting now to see amber at the top. Strawberry Lemonade is going to finish up next week, and the week after we will harvest Hulkberry.

Here are some pretty pictures of all of the buds... most of the closeups are of Green Crack.

thick bud.JPG
yummy bud.JPG
good trich shot.JPG
gc closeup.JPG
GC23.JPG
HB showing off.JPG
HB fall colors.JPG
gczoom2.JPG
gc zoom.JPG
Green Crack on the vine.JPG
You sure can grow some beautiful weed Em 👌👍 CL🍀

Yesterday was harvest day for the Green Cracks. I harvested them on my own using my new tools just to prove that I could do it all by myself if I had to, and I was able to do the entire job with all three plants in about 5 hours, including initial trimming and chopping, dbranching, swirling around about 30 turns in my roto trimmer, a three-stage bud wash and rinse, and then hanging in my six layer drying rack.

Thanks to the @Cultiuana CT-720 and the @GeoFlora Nutrients the buds were massive, heavy, hard and very juicy. I am estimating that I just harvested about 15 oz dry buds from these three plants. I also have at least 3 oz of trim in the bottom of my trimmer that will be going to edibles. I haven't taken any samples yet but I suspect by looking at the trichomes that this is going to be some very heavy hitting pot.
20221212_213027.jpg

We are now down to our two hulk berries and they will be harvested in the next few days. The strawberry lemonade was harvested several days ago, but we got no pictures of the process. The buds are approaching curing level RH at the moment and will be curing in the jar very soon. This yellowing plant wasn't a great yielder, but it looks like we got about three or four ounces out of her, most likely due to the amazing @Cultiuana ct-720 and it's amazing level of light. The hulk berries are hard and tight and now going into a foxtailing finish that is adding greatly to the size and weight of the buds. I am anticipating 7 to 8 oz from this to plant group.

20221223_124515.jpg
20221223_124618.jpg

Very nice! Congrats on the harvest Emilya! I used to use one of those 6 tier mesh drying things too but now i just hang the whole plant upside down in an extra bathroom for 6-14 days or until dry, or at least until what i consider to be dry enough. Then cut buds off the branches (wich i used to do to put into the 6 tier mesh dryer) and then put into big half gallon glass jars to stabilize moisture levels and begin the curing process. As time goes on i remove from the big jars and do a final trim and then put into smaller mason jars for personal smoke.

Tonight was the end of the line for our last two plants under the mighty @Cultiuana CT-720. Today is 10 weeks and 2 days into bloom, and they were admittedly a little well done. The total age on these plants was 154 days. She looked absolutely wonderful. The buds for the most part are rock hard and covered with trichomes.

My trimming crew reported that they were exhausted and could not help, so after a long day already I spent the last 5 hours making the harvest happen. I carefully cut the buds away from the stems and separated them into 4 piles, flarfy buds, and large medium and small hard buds. I did try to cut down most of the larger buds, down to an average size as much as possible. Each of the piles were put into the roto trimmer separately, and the handle was turned for 20-30 rotations, depending on how the buds were being whittled away by the ruthless trimming machine. Another trick I tried, not that I know for certain that it makes any difference: I reversed the direction of my rotation about halfway through each job.

Then it was bud washing time, and I was determined to get this batch clean, after a complaint about environmental smells in my product. First the buds were put in a clean 5gal bucket of medium hot water with a cup of hydrogen peroxide mixed in. The buds were churned washing machine style with my hands elbow deep in the bucket. I let them soak for a good 5 minutes, churning most of the time. Then they were grabbed by both hands and shaken to get rid of most of the water, and they were then churned for another 5 minutes in another 5gal bucket of medium hot water, with one cup of baking soda and 1 cup of lemon concentrate mixed in.

While this was going on, the first bucket was dumped into the bathtub where all this was happening. My goodness it was dirty! This bucket was then filled with medium hot clean rinse water and the lemony fresh buds were shaken and rinsed in the new bucket of clean water. After churning for a bit, I dumped out the lemon/baking soda water. My goodness... it was dirtier than the first bucket! This bucket was filled again with medium hot water for a second rinse and the buds were shaken and churned into this 4th bucket. The first rinse bucket was dumped, and it too was surprisingly dirty, but getting lots better. After churning in the last rinse, the buds were hand scooped and shaken, and put in the now clean empty bucket, and the second rinse was dumped. Still more dirt came out, but it appears that we got most of it.

Wow! I am going to take this bud cleaning a lot more seriously from now on... no more cutting corners or using 1/2 cups of stuff. The buds were then put in my 6 section hanging dryer system and a fan was placed to indirectly move air around the room, but not directly on the buds. Before cleaning, I weighed what I got out of the roto trimmer, divided it by 4 and roughly figure I got about 10 oz dry out of those two plants. I looks like it is going to be some very good smoke once I get it to the curing stage.

I would like to thank @Cultiuana for the chance to try this amazingly powerful light. I just grew 6 large plants under its footprint and ended up with some of the best buds I have seen for a while. Grams per watt is ridiculous, in that I just produced about 26 oz dry of smoke in this grow... or 736g/720w. That is just over a gram per watt, dry weight and if you want wet weight, multiply that by 4. This light performed! I like the spectrum, I like the small amount of heat that it adds to the room and I like its size and weight. I fully recommend this light for growing cannabis.

So, since I wasn't distracted by the crew this time, I remembered to take some pre-harvest pictures. Please enjoy the spectacular buds... I did!

DSCF2162.JPG
DSCF2161.JPG
DSCF2160.JPG
DSCF2159.JPG
DSCF2158.JPG
DSCF2157.JPG
DSCF2155.JPG
DSCF2154.JPG
DSCF2153.JPG

Happy New Year Everyone! May '23 be the best one yet!

Congratulations on the successful harvest, Em. :thumb:

I've thought of using a salad spinner to help shed the excess water between the bud washing stages. I know we have one but can't find it, but I'll bet with the size of your harvest it would definitely help you. Kind of like the bowl trimmer for the trimming stage.

Awesome! Reading between the lines it seems you surprised yourself? SIPs and massive PPFM, yo we ballin! Thanks for keeping up the side! Gorgeous pics; and well done @Cultiuana, congratulations on having such a big swinger in the marketplace. You have some interesting and novel features, not a cookie-cutter light. You’ll get excellent value when supporting members here, and the most peace of mind to be found online, is my estimate. Congratulations to both of you @emily green and @Cultiuana

Bloom Room 1.JPG

Look at the lift! After cleanup, watering and feeding, the huge output of this @Cultiuana light has brought these girls to their feet! Look at them praying hard!

Tomorrow we rehang the light. Today we got the far red light strip attached and able to see the entire area under the light. A little bit of Velcro and the strip and its power supply are now firmly attached.

Here is each tub individually. All the girls are feeling pretty again.

DSCF1883.JPG
SIP #2.JPG
SIP #1.JPG
Ahoy my friend,
The turgid posture is indicative of healthy cultivars and is only attained when the GRN has dispatched the hormonal instructions that allow for the expenditure of available plant resources, facilitating the decrease in LWA. Some may tell you the plants are reaching for the light and wanting. This is a common misconception. The morphology clearly presented in your pictures proves this is not the case at all. The reason she is praying is her DNA encoded reaction (being happy) tells her to decrease LWA allowing for better canopy penetrations ensuring the lower flower bracts a bit better ripening. The GRN will only allow this expenditure of resources (-LWA) to occur when the plant falls into range of homeostasis. Another equally important consideration besides turgid posture energy requirements are the amount of available plant resources that are being expended as a function of shade avoidance. Plants do not grow towards the light. Plants grow away from shade. The foliar mass turns, always turning and bending away from shade.
There are those of us who think this produces strong vibrant plant fitness and may be why indoor gardens that do not have shade that is always chasing them are maybe less fit?

Please forgive the tardy arrival as my sails were only half full for a bit. I had to spew off about the hands. 👩‍🌾
I want to teach them how to give me the finger when they are ready.
Hope you dont mind me catching up and tagging along. :peace:

Poor lighting can have effect of praying hands indicated.

Back
Top Bottom