BT'z 2nd Grow: Super Lemon Haze & Golden Leaf

Man do I want to drive down there and supercrop Sheila! Not sure you have room though :).
You're always welcome to stop in and share the techniques of the master.

Actually, I know super cropping is to adjust the height of the branches to keep them more in line with each others height, countering the apical growth. I actually plan on doing that. Then again, if you are feeling that it would be better to do now and that would hopefully negate the need to do it later then that's a good idea for me to consider. If I do it now however, I might need to do it again depending on how much more height they gain.

My thoughts at this moment were to let them do quite a bit of the stretching they need to do and then adjust each inward toward the middle of the plant in a bit of a spiral. Cropping them outward from the middle would make them take up space and light from the others.

Your girls are romping! :yummy:

You are really going to need that defol at
flip + 21. :ganjamon:

@InTheShed, you can bend stems anywhere you like, but not on Sheila. She’s spoken for already.
:passitleft:

Yes, @FelipeBlu is Sheila's Godfather! He named her!

Yes, I'm seeing a most definite need for more defoliation in the future after we hit the flip + 21 days. Day 48 June 18th, 13 days ago being the day of the initial flip for the SLH and Gilda, they are a little more than halfway there. This grow is so much more exciting that the last one. Lights, Camera, Action!!!

Man do I want to drive down there and supercrop Sheila! Not sure you have room though :).
If you come down, you have to also take clones home with you. New Rules!

You're always welcome to stop in and share the techniques of the master.

Actually, I know super cropping is to adjust the height of the branches to keep them more in line with each others height, countering the apical growth. I actually plan on doing that. Then again, if you are feeling that it would be better to do now and that would hopefully negate the need to do it later then that's a good idea for me to consider. If I do it now however, I might need to do it again depending on how much more height they gain.

My thoughts at this moment were to let them do quite a bit of the stretching they need to do and then adjust each inward toward the middle of the plant in a bit of a spiral. Cropping them outward from the middle would make them take up space and light from the others.
That's what I meant about not having the room. Normally you'd be bending them outward so they would block the light from the other plants. Also, the earlier in flower the better, normally before the end of stretch when you can tell which branches are taking over.
If you come down, you have to also take clones home with you. New Rules!
I wouldn't want to get in the middle of a family squabble :).

I wouldn't want to get in the middle of a family squabble :).
There's no squabble with regards to clones. They are looking for a nice home.

I know that the preferred way would be outward. That's not going to work with this grow, obviously. This will certainly be a top contender for a Sea of Green tent. Given how I've seen many larger grows crowd each other, I'm wondering with good lights that have good penetration and proper defoliation and I feel it should be okay. I am still planning on doing a bit of supercropping though, during the stretch this next week. Just inward and in a spiral/circle idea.

With the drying in the Veg Tent completed, it was overdue time to move the SLH Clones back in and free up some space in the clone tote. These three were all the way up inside the T5 light fixture over the last day or two. T5 light appears to be quite kind and gentle though. Fortunately.
The Gold Leaf Clones now have much more space in the Clone Tote and I will keep them there under the T5 for some quality blue wave length as well as the 6500k which has been discussed as being super good for node spacing.

Day 61 - More Girl Parts! It appears that I have indications from GrapeApe that it's a girl. Found these white hairs here and elsewhere.
I don't think I have a picture of Gilda and her hairs, she's loaded also.
Goldie also has hairs similar to GrapeApes, but the picture was fuzzy, so maybe next time. Certainly will follow up with a more convincing photo of GrapeApe.

GrapeApe was my one Standard Photo not fem's seed. So luck was with me on this one I feel. Once I have a bit more of a convincing photo or evidence, I'm planning on doing some MonsterCropping as Shed calls it and take a few clones and get them to re-veg in the clone box. I'd like at least two really health clones in the 32oz Stadium Cup grow that I'm doing.

You certainly put alot of thought into the name game... LOL... My perpetual room is almost set up, just in time too all my peeps and I are getting ready for final trim ish... That means lots of clones of lots of strains to choose from... MMMMmmm.... That Grape Ape sounds just yummy... Hope all turns out well, though looks like you got a ways to go yet....
.. I am gonna get rid of some HB, Midnight Haze, TCD, and A Harley clones ( Thanks to another member, Love ya Sis) ... In return the ones I know for a fact I will be getting have climbed from Just a couple of 3 strains to a couple of 6 strains as some unexpected clones are up for immediate adoption... AKA get these B's outta my Grow area dang it... LOL... Straw Haze, Tut ( finally) , Sour Jack, and Strawberry Glue for sure... Possible to get Mendicino ? and a couple more heavy Sativa hitters as well... For now I am just gonna put the Midnight Oil that broke off and was cloned downstairs to start... Green Days B, and to all

Thanks, MH, it's just part of the fun side of the process. Can't be working all the time. However with your list of plants coming and going it almost sounds like a full time job. I guess I'm venturing into a bit of a perpetual grow idea, with three different grow areas in three different stages. Very cool strains you have going. Green Days MH, and to all also.

And he is the Mayor... Also Head cook and bottle washer... Didnt tell em that did ya Doob... HA... Green days...
Changing all of those hats it a full time job. No wonder I never really appreciated gardening until the fruits of my labors turned out to be so awesome. Green Days Indeed!

Day 65 - 18 days since flip for SLH's and Gilda. The stretch has been most intense for the SLH's. FelipeBlu is suggesting perhaps a slightly early defoliation of the extra large fans maybe as early as tomorrow morning. The suggestion is to slow the stretch down perhaps and tighten up the top most nodes in the final stretch.

Here are some pictures of the SLH's aka Lemon Sisters.
The Gold Leaf Girls aka Golden Girls
Finally Grape Ape, who is actually a little taller than Goldie. They both went into the flower tent almost two weeks ago, so they are about a week behind the others.

And a really beautiful group photo with the SLH on the left, Goldie in the middle and Gilda back right. Grape Ape did have the center, is now up front on the right.

Lowering the light might help, but if stretch happens in the dark, it's going to do what it's going to do!
At this point the tops of the SLH's have risen up to within 20inches of the light above them.:cheer: Suggested distance in flowering is between 18-20inches.:nomo: So I may need to start raising the light. :hmmmm: I am rotating the plants 180degrees each time I water them also. My primitive light mover tech.;)

I think the idea of defoliation according to Bassman59 is to eliminate lower larger leaves and push more energy upward. In my last grow, I did it all wrong and feel I stunted growth and the final flowering stages. Going to go at it a little more cautious this time.

I know newty does a strip and flip all the time and it really works for her. I did my AK but I'm not sure if it helped or hindered yield. I do know that I'll keep doing it strictly for airflow because the RH up here is rarely under 60% for long and my plants end up pretty dense...a recipe for bud rot! I'll be lollipopping Sour G this weekend in prep for the summer flower season.

Back
Top Bottom