Whoops! Knew I was forgetting something! Here's the view from above!
Space Grow 06 October 2022 Aerial.jpg

Have a great day everyone!

Ganjah Bonanza Mel! That’s such a great view, you will be heading to Trim Jail as well. That darker pheno is huge!!

Fingers crossed all healthy buds.

:passitleft:

What a beautiful (and beautifully smelly) hedgerow you have there Mel!
Thanks Shed!
It's about to get a bit smaller though!
Good morning Mel :)

The three of them look A.MA.ZING!
Thanks Tra!
That overhead shot is incredible.
You don't get the full scope from eye level shots.
Freeken brilliant my friend. :yahoo:
You and me are both in trouble come harvest.
Hope you have help. :rofl:
Because that's a ton of bud.
Take care Melville. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill!
I'm on my own for harvest, but at least it'll be a bit staggered!
If I could make it back up there to help, I would!
Take care!
Thanks GDB!
WOW! Fantastic Mel! So close now!
Thanks Stone!
Almost there!
Looking fabulous Mel !
Ready or not, mine are coming down by Tuesday thanks to the forecast
Thanks SCD!
A couple of cold days in the forecast, my time might be just about up!
Ganjah Bonanza Mel! That’s such a great view, you will be heading to Trim Jail as well. That darker pheno is huge!!

Fingers crossed all healthy buds.

:passitleft:
Thanks D!
That's Lucille, a @Weed Seeds Express Skywalker OG!
She's in the ground, and was the last to go into flower. I was worried she might not make it, but she's been speeding right along through flower!

Unfortunately I have found more mould on both Jacinda and Ebony.
One of Jacinda's main colas was affected, so I'm taking off their fan leaves today (and probably tomorrow) and I'll harvest them after that is done.
I now have a tester of Jacinda to quick dry, and I'm pleased with how dense her buds are.

Hope the weather holds out for my other two girls, and for all of you!

Hope the weather holds out for my other two girls, and for all of you!

nice job. looks like you're set.

it's been one of the best outdoor years in a long time on the prairies. we've gotten an unusually extended season here, normally stuff has to come down a bit early, but it looks like everything finishing mid oct will make it comfortably.

there's been some early morning fog which has created some mold issues here as well. everyone i've talked to says the majority is good though. we only just started getting temps under zero, but the duration isn't bad, and it's bringing late color to what's left standing.

nice job. looks like you're set.

it's been one of the best outdoor years in a long time on the prairies. we've gotten an unusually extended season here, normally stuff has to come down a bit early, but it looks like everything finishing mid oct will make it comfortably.

there's been some early morning fog which has created some mold issues here as well. everyone i've talked to says the majority is good though. we only just started getting temps under zero, but the duration isn't bad, and it's bringing late color to what's left standing.
Thanks bluter!
It's been the best growing season I've seen here too. Glad to hear you guys are getting the good weather there!
We've had a lot of powdery mildew, and the dew in the morning is kicking the mould a bit higher, but it's isolated spots on the plants so far. Most of them are doing well, and the cooler nights have 3 out of my 4 putting out some purple too.
All in all it's been a great season.

Awesome plants Mel! Still really healthy at the age, going to be some great smoke bro.
Also, congrats on gjotm. Well deserved bud.
Thanks GG!
I'm starting to take Ebony and Jacinda down. I've found enough mould that I don't want to take too many chances with them. Found another couple of spots since I started cutting the fan leaves off.

Thanks bluter!
It's been the best growing season I've seen here too. Glad to hear you guys are getting the good weather there!
We've had a lot of powdery mildew, and the dew in the morning is kicking the mould a bit higher, but it's isolated spots on the plants so far. Most of them are doing well, and the cooler nights have 3 out of my 4 putting out some purple too.
All in all it's been a great season.

i haven't done outdoor here in yrs, but it's the first time i've actually been jealous of my friends who do.

Great seeing you around @bluter . Always enjoyed your perspective, hope you are well buddy. Sorry about the hijack. Cheers

i been rebuilding cars for a few months and living off the jars. i have to grow soon though. new one happening quick.

my folks are getting sick of me smoking hash in the garage lol

i haven't done outdoor here in yrs, but it's the first time i've actually been jealous of my friends who do.
Outdoors is my favourite, except when a windstorm rolls through, lol!
Something about seeing them happy in the sun, just makes me happy.
It's easier here with a longer season though. Even a couple weeks can make a huge difference. I do plan on scaling back for next year. Though that may change depending on how fast my jars go empty :D

Outdoors is my favourite, except when a windstorm rolls through, lol!
Something about seeing them happy in the sun, just makes me happy.
It's easier here with a longer season though. Even a couple weeks can make a huge difference. I do plan on scaling back for next year. Though that may change depending on how fast my jars go empty :D
I would fall in love with outdoors if i had your setup brother.
We have rippers, hunters, cops all concentrated..lol..maybe one day

Ebony is 3/4 down. I'm just taking off the fan leaves that stick out from the stem and tossing the rest of it in the rack to dry. I'll be doing a dry trim with the bowl trimmer.
I was planning on trimming all the fan leaves off at once, but she was too big for that. I do have some pics, which I will be posting later. I haven't found much more rot, but some of it was in areas I couldn't see, so it would have spread quickly.
The stem of the 2 headed bud is pretty interesting. There will be pics of that too.
Back to work!

Well, she's done!
I don't weigh wet harvests, but she filled 4 levels of my mesh drying rack. I'll be posting a dry weight after the final dry trim.
She was a lot bushier than she seemed, and took a long time to trim.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

I wasn't able to trim all her fan leaves at once, and I only trimmed those leaves with accessible stems. She did have several fairly large colas, including the one in the pic below.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony cola-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

I had to take several breaks, but it wasn't as bad as other harvests. That might have to do with the edibles I had before starting :p

Here she is part way through.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony partial-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

I found her unusual cola to be fairly interesting. The stem had split in a couple of places, and the wider portion which had leaves side by side, also had buds in a similar arrangement.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony clip-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

Here's a pic of it with some clippers for scale.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony clip scale-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

The stump is also something I've never seen before. It gets really wide just above the surface of the soil.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony stump-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony stump 2-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

I found one seed on her as I trimmed her, and the remains of a couple of calyxes that had clearly had a seed in them.
The seed is fully mature and dark brown. I'm not sure if I want to try it out, but I'm thinking about it.

I kind of feel braindead right now, I know there are things I'm forgetting, and I really don't know what else to say. I'll have a vape report after she's dried, and another after she cures to see if there's really anything to be gained from it for a dried herb vape.
Otherwise, that's about it. At this point I would grow this one again, I would just start the seeds later.
If you have any questions let me know.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony done-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

I would fall in love with outdoors if i had your setup brother.
We have rippers, hunters, cops all concentrated..lol..maybe one day
I hope you get to try it out! Legalization and a backyard go well together, but rippers are still a concern.
Wow Mel, :goodjob:. Looking forward to pics!
Here you go! I have a few more, but I really didn't plan this post out, lol. I may redo this post later.
:bravo:

Happy for you Mel, congrats on the beginning of a great continued harvest.

Looking forward to the pics as well.
Thanks D!
Just have to do Jacinda tomorrow, and hope Donatra and Lucille get a chance to ripen up some more!

Have a great night everyone!

Well, she's done!
I don't weigh wet harvests, but she filled 4 levels of my mesh drying rack. I'll be posting a dry weight after the final dry trim.
She was a lot bushier than she seemed, and took a long time to trim.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

I wasn't able to trim all her fan leaves at once, and I only trimmed those leaves with accessible stems. She did have several fairly large colas, including the one in the pic below.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony cola-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

I had to take several breaks, but it wasn't as bad as other harvests. That might have to do with the edibles I had before starting :p

Here she is part way through.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony partial-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

I found her unusual cola to be fairly interesting. The stem had split in a couple of places, and the wider portion which had leaves side by side, also had buds in a similar arrangement.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony clip-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

Here's a pic of it with some clippers for scale.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony clip scale-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

The stump is also something I've never seen before. It gets really wide just above the surface of the soil.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony stump-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony stump 2-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

I found one seed on her as I trimmed her, and the remains of a couple of calyxes that had clearly had a seed in them.
The seed is fully mature and dark brown. I'm not sure if I want to try it out, but I'm thinking about it.

I kind of feel braindead right now, I know there are things I'm forgetting, and I really don't know what else to say. I'll have a vape report after she's dried, and another after she cures to see if there's really anything to be gained from it for a dried herb vape.
Otherwise, that's about it. At this point I would grow this one again, I would just start the seeds later.
If you have any questions let me know.
Space Grow 08 October 2022 Ebony done-Black Amnesia Haze.jpg

I hope you get to try it out! Legalization and a backyard go well together, but rippers are still a concern.

Here you go! I have a few more, but I really didn't plan this post out, lol. I may redo this post later.

Thanks D!
Just have to do Jacinda tomorrow, and hope Donatra and Lucille get a chance to ripen up some more!

Have a great night everyone!
Congratulations you made it. :thumb:
Just freeken beautiful. :bravo:
Now the work begins.
Do you have a bowl trimmer or are you doing them all by hand?

Stay safe

Congratulations you made it. :thumb:
Just freeken beautiful. :bravo:
Now the work begins.
Do you have a bowl trimmer or are you doing them all by hand?

Stay safe
Is a bowl trimmer what it sounds like? Never used one before

Back
Top Bottom