Shes not quite down. There are some buds left on some smaller stems. I meant to finish her off today, but I came in for a break and fell asleep.
I am really happy with the colas, that's a 60cm/24 inch ruler on the table!
Space Grow 09 October 2022 Jacinda colas-Jack the Ripper.jpg

And this one is the biggest!
Space Grow 09 October 2022 Jacinda cola1-Jack the Ripper.jpg

It really was a big job! She just never dropped any of her leaves. There were leaves that hadn't seen any sunlight in over a month that were still green and looking brand new.
Space Grow 09 October 2022 Jacinda trim1-Jack the Ripper.jpg

Space Grow 09 October 2022 Jacinda trim2-Jack the Ripper.jpg

Space Grow 09 October 2022 Jacinda mid harvest-Jack the Ripper.jpg

Space Grow 09 October 2022 Jacinda trimmed1-Jack the Ripper.jpg

Space Grow 09 October 2022 Jacinda trimmed-Jack the Ripper.jpg

I'll be finishing up in the morning, and I'll take pics of the stump. Hers is pretty standard.

Have a great evening everyone!
Congrats on a great grow and harvest Mel.2 thumbs up 👍👍

Congrats on a great grow and harvest Mel.2 thumbs up 👍👍
Thanks Cap!
What a Stump.
Great training on her. :thumb:
Hope your enjoying your weekend. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill!
She took to the training better than most!
Now that’s impressive right there. I’d keep that as art!

:bravo:
Thanks D!
Congrats on the harvests, Mel and Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanks HG!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Beautiful training there :)
Thanks Tra!

Congrats on the fantastic harvest Mel. That stump is somthing else, looks like it was lifting weights! Have fun with the Vivosun light.

That light is brilliant.
Have you plugged it in yet.
Wow love @VIVOSUN :thumb: .
Congrats buddy. ;)

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:
Thanks Bill!
I haven't plugged it in yet, I'm planning on using it this winter.
I have some cuttings and a strawberry plant from the garden to keep alive over the winter, so why not have a plant or two in there as well?
Nice one Mel and a well deserved treat/reward for you.
I’ve been looking at their 4x2x5 with the vs2000 as a 1st starter kit.
Thanks SCD!
I've been impressed with what I've seen of their equipment so far!
Congrats on the fantastic harvest Mel. That stump is somthing else, looks like it was lifting weights! Have fun with the Vivosun light.
Thanks BudMan!
I'm looking forward to showing you all Donatra's!

And speaking of which, I have now found 3 spots of mould on Donatra, so I'm starting to take off her fans today.
She went for fewer and larger fans compared to her sisters, so it should be a bit easier to trim her, not to mention I have a lot more room out there now!

I have some cuttings and a strawberry plant from the garden to keep alive over the winter
Most strawberry plants grown in the Great White North need a certain amount of "chill hours" to reset them and allow them to flower and fruit the next year. They can stand freezing temps for the winter season. What they don't like is constant freezing and thawing.

There are some strawberries that are native to southern regions that have a much shorter requirement though, so if you know the cultivar you can look up its requirements.

Most strawberry plants grown in the Great White North need a certain amount of "chill hours" to reset them and allow them to flower and fruit the next year. They can stand freezing temps for the winter season. What they don't like is constant freezing and thawing.

There are some strawberries that are native to southern regions that have a much shorter requirement though, so if you know the cultivar you can look up its requirements.
I don't know the cultivar, but it's from a runner from one of the two plants to survive the rabbits.
It's putting out flowers and fruit in the tent right now.
The two plants back there survived the winter, but it was pretty hard on them. I'd like to have one doing better a bit earlier next spring. We'll see how it goes. I do expect the other two, and the other plants grown from runners to survive. I'd just like to be certain.

I've found another 6 or 7 spots of mould on Donatra. So she's coming down for certain in the next couple of days, and I'll have to keep a close eye on Lucille.

One of my neighbours told me today that some of the neighborhood kids are taking an interest in my backyard, so the sooner I get these two in the better.

One of my neighbours told me today that some of the neighborhood kids are taking an interest in my backyard, so the sooner I get these two in the better.
Sure it's not the strawberries they're interested in? Maybe Future Farmers of Canada or something and you're just over reacting.

:laughtwo:

Lol, that would be a "best case" scenario.
They were teens, and they were headed to the backyard. She called out when she saw them and they ran.
If I had the space I would be taking Lucille down right now. As it is I'll need to wait until Ebony is ready to be jarred before I have any room, and until Jacinda is in jars before I have enough for her. I'll be posting a pic of her from the side after dinner. She's huge, and still showing no sign of mould.

So, these are why I harvested Donatra today.
Space Grow 12 October 2022 Donatra mould-Romulan.jpg
Space Grow 12 October 2022 Donatra mould1-Romulan.jpg

Space Grow 12 October 2022 Donatra mould2-Romulan.jpg

She had several main colas, and they were mostly clear of mould.
Space Grow 12 October 2022 Donatra cola-Romulan.jpg

Space Grow 12 October 2022 Donatra cola1-Romulan.jpg

I really do like her stump though, the last image reminds me of a huge old oak.
Space Grow 12 October 2022 Donatra stump-Romulan.jpg

Space Grow 12 October 2022 Donatra stump 1-Romulan.jpg

Space Grow 12 October 2022 Donatra stump2-Romulan.jpg

That's 3 down, and one to go. I'll be harvesting Lucille as soon as I have the room.
I'll be staying up tonight to make sure I can stop any attempts to rip her.

Good call to take that down with the rot showing up like that. Looks like you ended up with some lovely spears though. :welldone:

Until you can take down Lucille, just sit by the upstairs window with a box of water balloons for the marauding teens. 💦
Thanks Shed!
I think the spotlight and siren might be a bit more effective!
Not an outdoor grower but have vineyards near me. They use candles along the vine to stop it from freezing. Understand mould is not frost but could it help?
Hmm. We have vineyards around here too, but I've never heard of that.
I'll look into it, but I don't think that would work. The real problem is the dew. We have a lot of it this time of year, and I don't think that would keep it off the buds.
I'm looking forward to when I can set up a greenhouse. Until then I'll be growing smaller plants, and triggering flower early.
Nice score Mel , happy growing with your new light. CL🍀
Thanks Cap!
It'll be nice using a sponsor's light in there. Not to mention a light that can be switched off without pulling the plug!

Back
Top Bottom