Jacinda is trimmed, and gave me 328g of dried buds according to my neighbour's scale. I didn't think to weigh her trim, or Ebony's.
Her buds smell like grapefruit, so I am definitely looking forward to the vape report!
Donatra still smells like pine, and isn't ready to be trimmed yet unless I do it to speed things up, but I'm not really interested in doing that.

I'm really happy with her results, even if I had to harvest a bit early!

Jacinda is trimmed, and gave me 328g of dried buds according to my neighbour's scale. I didn't think to weigh her trim, or Ebony's.
Her buds smell like grapefruit, so I am definitely looking forward to the vape report!
Donatra still smells like pine, and isn't ready to be trimmed yet unless I do it to speed things up, but I'm not really interested in doing that.

I'm really happy with her results, even if I had to harvest a bit early!
Nice harvest 👏 Mel. CL🍀

Nice harvest 👏 Mel. CL🍀
Thanks Cap!
Whoa! My neighbor's calculator puts that at 11.5699 ounces. Stupendous work Mel. :thumb:
Thanks Shed!
Congrats on the harvests, Mel! I'll look forward to the vape reports.
Thanks HG!
I can give you a preview of Donatra from one of the testers. While her buds smacked me in the face with the pine scent as I harvested her, the quickdried bud I tested was nicely toned down pine with a lemon aftertaste. She was extremely relaxing and helped me get to sleep, with no anxiety whatsoever.
I put Star Trek TNG on Netflix (it's on there in Canada) and I was sure I had been watching for hours by the end of the first episode! I love that time dilation!
She's still drying, so I'll post a full report after she's started the cure!
That's a ton!
Thanks Stone!
It's a good feeling having full jars again!
What a haul! I like both those smells.
The first sinsemilla I smoked in 1979 was some Ozark Mountain homegrown that smelled like pine. Every time I smell weed like that, it takes me back. :D
Thanks GW!
I'm really pleased with the scents this year! I haven't had any of the really stinky phenos yet, but the berry, pine, grapefruit, and lime scents that are coming out in these buds so far are some of the best I've grown!
I was a bit worried about Donatra since the last piney weed I had was Rio Bravo, and it was like chewing pine needles. It had good effects though!

I have a smudge pot that I bought for $10 in upstate NY back in the late 70s and turned it into a lamp. I have schlepped it to every place I've lived, including 3000 miles to Los Angeles where it sits unused down the side of my house. They're about 5 feet tall and they pour kerosene in the tub and drop in a match. This isn't mine, but it's what they look like in action:
full

They use them in citrus groves in Florida, or at least they used to!
Wow, the ones they used in the San Gabriel Valley groves in the early 60s weren't much different. I think they used waste oil. The most dense, stinky funk ever. We used to ride the school bus through the stuff every winter.
Like thick fog. Brings back memories.
Stay stoneder.

That's a ton!

It's actually 0.000375 of a ton. :p

Thanks HG!
I can give you a preview of Donatra from one of the testers. While her buds smacked me in the face with the pine scent as I harvested her, the quickdried bud I tested was nicely toned down pine with a lemon aftertaste. She was extremely relaxing and helped me get to sleep, with no anxiety whatsoever.

Could you remind me again of which strain goes with which name? Was Donatra the Romulan?

I put Star Trek TNG on Netflix (it's on there in Canada) and I was sure I had been watching for hours by the end of the first episode! I love that time dilation!

I love TNG but I haven't started watching it again yet as I'm still a new Netflix user and have been sampling a lot of different shows.

It's actually 0.000375 of a ton. :p

Could you remind me again of which strain goes with which name? Was Donatra the Romulan?

I love TNG but I haven't started watching it again yet as I'm still a new Netflix user and have been sampling a lot of different shows.
Yup, Donatra was named after Commander Donatra of the Romulan Warbird Valdore. She appeared on Star Trek Nemesis.
The next one will be named after Commander Taris :D
Honestly I only got Netflix a month ago. I don't watch a lot of TV, so it's a lot more useful to me than cable.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

Warning 420 Members

Blatant nerd alert. Continue with caution. Do not take tv recommendations from either of these men. Repeat do not take tv recommendations.
I 2nd that. Mrs Chro doesn’t let me anywhere near the TV remote.

We’d be in a rolling version of Middle Earth/Westeros/A galaxy far far away if I had it my way 😂

I 2nd that. Mrs Chro doesn’t let me anywhere near the TV remote.

We’d be in a rolling version of Middle Earth/Westeros/A galaxy far far away if I had it my way 😂
The fact there’s a Mrs Chro still surprises the hell out of me sometimes 😂

Unfortunately, the yield for Donatra is about 5 grams.
As I was taking her out of the drying rack every cola, every bud was covered in grey splotches.
The only bud that isn't ruined are the early buds that got picked off while I was inspecting her just before harvest.
She was in a separate drying rack, so she didn't have a chance to infect Lucille, but I'll inspect her tomorrow anyway.

I'm starting a couple of seeds soon. With Donatra taken out of the equation I'm going to have a bunch of empty jars to fill.
I'm going to have to choose a good indica.

I've got my edible for tonight, hopefully my check of Lucille goes well tomorrow. I'll start a journal for the seeds as soon as something breaks the surface.

Have a good night everyone.

We get so close!

I’ve said this before. I used to complain about how much ole mate charges when buying weed. I had no idea the work that goes into cultivating good bud. It takes so much work to get them from seed to jar.

We need to really celebrate ourselves when we beat the odds and get it in a pipe!

Back
Top Bottom