InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Noice job on those clones!

RE: liquid Lecithin - I thought a big part of the reason for the lecithin was to help distribute the THC evenly throughout the liquid (which is why it’s added while the liquid is still warm)? Sorry if that was already said…
Thanks Boo! It acts as an emulsifier but I think the reason to add it when warm is that it's a pain in the butt to dissolve in the oil once it's cool.

And it makes the oil much more potent when added after infusion.

Cut the Tin Can Kush off the strings this morning...total loss:
2021_08_14_10_55_48_585.jpg

I'll get a weight (since it's right at 62%) before I decarb it for topicals.

I don't know why unless the time in pre-harvest darkness did it (I ordinarily never do that), but whatever the cause, oh well.

Between that and the nanners, oof!

Almost every one I broke open looked like this:
2021_08_14_11_03_21_416.jpg

oof! is right...
Wow, that came out of nowhere...sorry it had to happen at all, but lets hope it's a "one time only" thing!

Yikes!! That really sucks. :sorry:

Let me know if your family is in danger of running out before the next harvest. I'll drive some down to you. :cool:

Thanks for all your words of sympathy! On the plus side, I'm not desperate for meds and I spotted it before anyone smoked any.
That's exactly what I thought!
Seems like she was a massive waste of your time. Sorry to see it turn out this way.
Also this...
At least I won't have to use the good stuff next time I make topical oil. Oh, it also had a lot more seeds than I thought.
:oops:
Oh Shed. That totally sucks. I’m sorry… You’ve had a summer grow unlike what we are used to seeing over there. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out.
I am so looking forward to smooth sailing that I think I'm going to flip the summer grow next weekend.
oof! is right... Wow, that came out of nowhere...sorry it had to happen at all, but lets hope it's a "one time only" thing!
I sure hope so! I've never seen this before here (botrytis and fusarium yes, but never whatever this is.
Well, that's disappointing. Is what we're seeing mold? Was the plant wet or dry when you put her in dark?
Mold indeed. Not sure if you mean the plant or the soil, but the plant had been watered two days before going into the dark. The fans were on as well as the 6" exhaust. And the buds were not damp in the slightest when I pulled it out.
Yikes!! That really sucks. Let me know if your family is in danger of running out before the next harvest. I'll drive some down to you.
Generous offer BL and greatly appreciated, but completely unnecessary. :)

Almost every one I broke open looked like this:
Wow, that’s a bummer. In hindsight was there anything to be seen on the outside that would indicate there was mold inside? I have a blueberry with heavy buds in week 10, and was just thinking this could happen or be happening.

Wow, that’s a bummer. In hindsight was there anything to be seen on the outside that would indicate there was mold inside? I have a blueberry with heavy buds in week 10, and was just thinking this could happen or be happening.
This one has no external sign that it was molding. While I was cutting the buds off the branches the bottom of one looked a bit grey, so I pulled out the scope and saw what it was. The more I looked the more I saw. 90 minutes at 240º and now they're all in a bag waiting for the next round of topical oil.

Last topical I made was mostly from a plant with fusarium (though not the rotten buds themselves, just the parts that hadn't rot yet).

This one has no external sign that it was molding. While I was cutting the buds off the branches the bottom of one looked a bit grey, so I pulled out the scope and saw what it was. The more I looked the more I saw. 90 minutes at 240º and now they're all in a bag waiting for the next round of topical oil.

Last topical I made was mostly from a plant with fusarium (though not the rotten buds themselves, just the parts that hadn't rot yet).
I don't mess with mold. Sorry this happened to your grow.

No doubt that sucks eggs. If it’s any consolation at all, I feel a tiny piece of relief that a Weedcylopedia such as yourself, still faces growing dilemmas too. It helps to know we’re not alone in facing grow challenges. :love:

Back
Top Bottom