InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Alright let's have that be the last of it huh? Sheesh!
From your lips to god's ears Otter!
Oof. I guess you can never have enough topical. Sorry for the partial loss.
Thanks MrS. I'm down to my last 4 ounces of the old stuff, so I guess it was Justin Thyme!
Moving forward with less problems
Thanks sb, here here! :high-five:
I can only imagine how disheartening that must've been. Hope it makes for some good topicals for you.
Thank you Rexer! I make my topicals pretty strong so this will come in handy. :)
No doubt that sucks eggs. If it’s any consolation at all, I feel a tiny piece of relief that a Weedcylopedia such as yourself, still faces growing dilemmas too. It helps to know we’re not alone in facing grow challenges.
That's very sweet of you to say (the Weedcyclopedia thing, not the facing dilemmas thing ;) ). I don't consider myself a master grower or even a sense. Most of my grows suffer from at least one or two major issues. I can't always apply the knowledge I've gained to the way I grow, but I do try to share it with folks who might find it helpful. And some folks who don't as well. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Just to close out the Tin Can Kush for the record, it weighed in at 299g dry (10.5 ounces). At 176 days above ground, that's 1.7g/day.

Here is was just before it went in the oven for decarb:

In other news, the Sour G was getting a bit of light burn at night since I bumped the wattage in the tent:

The Chiquita Banana right next to it was fine. I mentioned to @HashGirl in her thread that different plants respond differently to the same amount of light, and this is a perfect example. It's why reading our plants is much more important than reading a meter.

I hung a couple of pieces of copy paper just below the MarsHydro SP250 to cut the intensity on that side.

I hope everyone's Sunday is going well! :ciao:

Sorry about the TCK Shed! :confused:

Thought I'd let you know the exhaust fan works great, even getting a little bit of negative pressure in the tent. Now I just need to wait for this heatwave to die down so I can get started.

Before I do, I could use some advice on pot size in a 2x4x6. I'm thinking either 2x 7gal pots or 3x 5gals. Would 3x 5 gals give me a shorter veg time and fill the tent a little quicker?

What the heck man, I miss a day and we have Armageddon intheshed. What a gut punch I know when those things happen to me it really hurt my emotions. But I can feel really good things happening with the Sour G and the Chiquita banana. You can’t keep a happy grower down.

I could use some advice on pot size in a 2x4x6. I'm thinking either 2x 7gal pots or 3x 5gals. Would 3x 5 gals give me a shorter veg time and fill the tent a little quicker?
Thanks WL. Shit happens, and in the scheme of things, this wasn't as bad as some other shit stuff happening with grows, so it's easy to move on from.

I actually own a 2x4x6, and I can tell you that two 7 gallon pots can get tight with longer veg. One plant in a 2x4 can work as beautifully as @BooWho2's grows, including her POTM from April.

That said, choosing between two 7g or three 5g pots really depends on whether you want three varieties this harvest or two. If you're not craving the variety, I would go with two 7 gallons and quadline them to go mostly straight up once they reach the edge of the pot. Then you just flip depending on headroom since you should be okay in the width department.
What the heck man, I miss a day and we have Armageddon intheshed. What a gut punch I know when those things happen to me it really hurt my emotions. But I can feel really good things happening with the Sour G and the Chiquita banana. You can’t keep a happy grower down.
I know right! Just when we thought it was smooth sailing with the new ProMix, the old mold monster pokes his head in. But I am particularly fond of the CB these days and I'll do a post on it tomorrow.

Just to close out the Tin Can Kush for the record, it weighed in at 299g dry (10.5 ounces). At 176 days above ground, that's 1.7g/day.

Congrats on the great yield! Too bad it's not smokable. At least you'll have lots for topicals.

Thanks WL. Shit happens, and in the scheme of things, this wasn't as bad as some other shit stuff happening with grows, so it's easy to move on from.
I think that must come with experience. I lose sleep just thinking about what could go wrong. :laughtwo:
One plant in a 2x4 can work as beautifully as @BooWho2's grows, including her POTM from April.
Woah, what a beauty! :thedoubletake:
That said, choosing between two 7g or three 5g pots really depends on whether you want three varieties this harvest or two. If you're not craving the variety, I would go with two 7 gallons and quadline them to go mostly straight up once they reach the edge of the pot. Then you just flip depending on headroom since you should be okay in the width department.
I'm definitely leaning more towards variety, 'tis the spice of life after all. I just went down a bit of a quadline rabbit hole and love what I'm seeing. Do you reckon I can get away with quadlining 3 5gals? What kind of veg time am I looking at for that kind of HST?

One last thing... Has la familia tried any of the Chocolope yet? :lot-o-toke:

quadline them to go mostly straight up once they reach the edge of the pot
Have you got an explainer anywhere, Shed?
Sorry about the Tin Can Kush. Does the decarb nuke the mold? I mean, is it not possible for toxic elements of the mold to get into the topicals? I'm sure you wouldn't be using the bud if it was a problem, but I need to ask?

Congrats on the great yield! Too bad it's not smokable. At least you'll have lots for topicals.
Thanks HG! And perfect timing since I'm running out. :)
I think that must come with experience. I lose sleep just thinking about what could go wrong.
Not sure if it's experience, more likely inventory. If I needed the meds I would have been much more stressed.
I'm definitely leaning more towards variety, 'tis the spice of life after all. I just went down a bit of a quadline rabbit hole and love what I'm seeing. Do you reckon I can get away with quadlining 3 5gals? What kind of veg time am I looking at for that kind of HST?
You can definitely quad three 5 gallon pots in there, but you'll end up with smaller plants so as not to outgrow the tent. That's fine because there will be three of them, but everything is a balancing act.

In terms of veg time, only the plants will answer that question. And you need to hope they all grow at about the same pace too or you end up needing to flip for the fastest while the other two might not be as big as you'd like.
One last thing... Has la familia tried any of the Chocolope yet?
Yes. It gets them high. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's the best I can get at my house.
Have you got an explainer anywhere, Shed?
I most certainly do.
Sorry about the Tin Can Kush. Does the decarb nuke the mold? I mean, is it not possible for toxic elements of the mold to get into the topicals? I'm sure you wouldn't be using the bud if it was a problem, but I need to ask?
From what I can find online (without knowing the type of mold), most mold is killed over 140ºF (60ºC). Since I don't know exactly what it is, I still wouldn't let anyone smoke or eat it, but in addition to the decarb temps, the oil is infused at 160ºF for at least 16 hours (two sets of 8), so I feel okay about using it on skin.

I know I said I was going to talk about the Chiquita Banana today but it doesn't look like I'll have time for that, so instead let the Monday update be the close-out of the Red Dragon grow with the final weight:

That's 245g or 8.6 ounces. At 167 days above ground that's 1.47g/day.

I vegged the spring grow longer than I wanted to but I can't remember why now...they were probably recovering from something like a deficiency/insect infestation/PM/forgetfulness on the grower's part. Anyway, I'll be jarring it for the cure on Wednesday night because on Thursday we're bringing my son up to college (second year in, first time on campus). I won't be back until Saturday night so I'll only be here sporadically those days.

I hope everyone's weekend went well!

:peace:

Logic prevails!!

Logic prevails!!
Often! :high-five:
Darn good haul even after the decarb , does it really need to cure ? I mean jarred yes , are you going to burb it ? Seems it would be cured as it gets after the decarb.
Sorry sb, the decarbed Tin Can Kush buds just went into a bag in the closet waiting for the next time I make topical oil. No curing for that.

The buds that are about to be cured are the Red Dragon I posted yesterday. Burping is almost finished on those.

For the Tuesday update, I'd like to focus on the trials, tribulations, and (spoiler alert) recovery of Chiquita Banana from @Weed Seeds Express. They aren't sponsoring my grow but there were very agreeable about sending whichever beans I wanted as my contest winnings, so I thought I would give them a feature, being such an excellent sponsor of the site.

As most of you know by now, CB started off like any other good bean, by germinating! This is day 1 on April 21st:
full

I planted it in a solo cup of used ProMix HP, and after 25 days (May15th) it was time to transplant:
full

That's where everything went wrong. Since I couldn't find any ProMix HP, I planted it in unknowingly shite soil with what turned out to be a pH of 7.6 out of the bag. Within 3 days it started downhill and looked like this:

full

Oof! I topped it on June 20th, and it continued to grow, but very slowly. Here is what it looked like on day 65 (June 24th) after another transplant, still using the shite soil:

full

I finally found the source of the problem after slurry testing the pH of the soil, and I also finally found a source for ProMix. On July 31st I knocked off as much of the soil as I could and transplanted the (mostly) bare roots into a 7 gallon GeoPot of ProMix HP:

full

Without changing the nute strength, two weeks later (in the most recent pics taken on August 13th), it looked like this:

full

full

full

The excellent genetics from Weed Seeds Express were just waiting for me to get the hell out of the way. :)

I'll probably flip this and the Sour G this weekend so they will get some summer sun during flowering.

:thanks: for following along.

Back
Top Bottom