Hey Mel, congrats on another take down. Fingers crossed for this evening.
I’ve been hard at work the past 3 days as well. Lesson learned regarding to much secondary and in some cases tertiary branching.
It’s just too much lol, I’ll have lots to Decarb and munch on.

When it comes to your new smart light and app, could others just install smart switches to make their tents remote automated?
I havent seen them mentioned, just controllers.
Would that work? And safely assuming wired correctly?

Not an outdoor grower but have vineyards near me. They use candles along the vine to stop it from freezing. Understand mould is not frost but could it help?
Lol. Just checked. Grape growers face the same dangers as outdoor bud growers 😂

Defo a place to look for outdoor growers though.

Winery has been documented a hella lot more than cannabis over the past millennia. Maybe we could learn a lot from looking at some of their techniques 🤟🙏

Hey Mel, congrats on another take down. Fingers crossed for this evening.
I’ve been hard at work the past 3 days as well. Lesson learned regarding to much secondary and in some cases tertiary branching.
It’s just too much lol, I’ll have lots to Decarb and munch on.

When it comes to your new smart light and app, could others just install smart switches to make their tents remote automated?
I havent seen them mentioned, just controllers.
Would that work? And safely assuming wired correctly?
Thanks SCD!
I'm also starting to think I might want to thin out the plants more in the future. I do make oils and budder, but I like to use buds for that. Keep it higher potency.
The vs1000 isn't a smart light, it has an off setting on the dimmer. My current light doesn't have an off switch or a dimmer. I'm sure a smart switch/timer would work for automating the tent though. @LKABudMan has that kind of setup. I'm thinking a smart timer would be just as safe as a regular timer.

Winery has been documented a hella lot more than cannabis over the past millennia. Maybe we could learn a lot from looking at some of their techniques 🤟🙏
Yeah, there's a lot more info available about growing fruit, and some things like systemic insecticides that you can't use with fruit due to toxicity would be similar.
I think some of the techniques we use in veg do come from orchards originally.

Yeah, there's a lot more info available about growing fruit, and some things like systemic insecticides that you can't use with fruit due to toxicity would be similar.
I think some of the techniques we use in veg do come from orchards originally.
Lol you sound like Azi 😂🤟🙏 (total compliment to you both)

Out of my league mate but I meant the more subtle things, indeed the veg from vine training but also other things that might have been missed before microbes and that were even thought of. The anecdotal evidence that’s been built up over years and years could be interesting to look at 🤟

I’ll have a proper look and let you know if if found anything fun 🙏👍

Extraordinarily beautiful skeleton. It's so fascinating to see how the branches grow out of their original binds. It's actually easier to see how you did your hooking in the post mortem. Nice arm length spears too. Yup, all you need is neighbor kids coming to your yard and attracting more attention ... not!

I’ve seen them use Smudge pots.CL🍀

Man oh man, you've been busy Mel!

Congrats on a monster harvest. :thumb:

Lol you sound like Azi 😂🤟🙏 (total compliment to you both)

Out of my league mate but I meant the more subtle things, indeed the veg from vine training but also other things that might have been missed before microbes and that were even thought of. The anecdotal evidence that’s been built up over years and years could be interesting to look at 🤟

I’ll have a proper look and let you know if if found anything fun 🙏👍
Thanks Joe!
Keep us updated if you find something interesting!
Extraordinarily beautiful skeleton. It's so fascinating to see how the branches grow out of their original binds. It's actually easier to see how you did your hooking in the post mortem. Nice arm length spears too. Yup, all you need is neighbor kids coming to your yard and attracting more attention ... not!
Thanks Carmen!
I noticed something interesting about the way I trained one set of branches. When I switched from carhooks to the dowel I sort of supercropped the branch right beside a side shoot, and those side shoots shot straight up to become part of the canopy better than the others.
I think it's kind of like what @danishoes21 has been doing, but on a much smaller scale. I'll post pics of the branches I'm talking about when I get back to my computer. I really should upload all my pics to a gallery.
Like those pots you burn a charcoal puck in for incense?
Man oh man, you've been busy Mel!

Congrats on a monster harvest. :thumb:
Thanks GDB!
It's not over yet! I'm trimming Lucille's fans today, and my arms are getting sticky! She's smelling like limes right now!

I have a smudge pot that I bought for $10 in upstate NY back in the late 70s and turned it into a lamp. I have schlepped it to every place I've lived, including 3000 miles to Los Angeles where it sits unused down the side of my house. They're about 5 feet tall and they pour kerosene in the tub and drop in a match. This isn't mine, but it's what they look like in action:
full

They use them in citrus groves in Florida, or at least they used to!

Thanks Joe!
Keep us updated if you find something interesting!

Thanks Carmen!
I noticed something interesting about the way I trained one set of branches. When I switched from carhooks to the dowel I sort of supercropped the branch right beside a side shoot, and those side shoots shot straight up to become part of the canopy better than the others.
I think it's kind of like what @danishoes21 has been doing, but on a much smaller scale. I'll post pics of the branches I'm talking about when I get back to my computer. I really should upload all my pics to a gallery.

Thanks GDB!
It's not over yet! I'm trimming Lucille's fans today, and my arms are getting sticky! She's smelling like limes right now!
No I think it’s Kerosene or Diesel fuel they have a round bottom for fuel + tall vented spout. CL🍀

I have a smudge pot that I bought for $10 in upstate NY back in the late 70s and turned it into a lamp. I have schlepped it to every place I've lived, including 3000 miles to Los Angeles where it sits unused down the side of my house. They're about 5 feet tall and they pour kerosene in the tub and drop in a match. This isn't mine, but it's what they look like in action:
full

I forgot about the Orange Groves, remember seeing on the news in Florida and they sprayed trees with wafter saying that ice protected them. CL🍀

I have one of these that I bought for $10 in upstate NY back in the late 70s and turned it into a lamp. I have schlepped it to every place I've lived, including 3000 miles to Los Angeles where it sits unused down the side of my house. They're about 5 feet tall and they pour kerosene in the tub and drop in a match. This isn't mine, but it's what they look like in action:
full

Ahhh, thanks for the pic!
:laughtwo: I've never associated trimming with sticky arms! :laughtwo:
Lol, it might have something to do with leaving the branches on the plant until I have the fans off!

Here are the pics of the branches I was talking about from Donatra.
Space Grow 12 October 2022 Donatra train-Romulan.jpg
Space Grow 12 October 2022 Donatra train1-Romulan.jpg

When I was removing the hooks and wiring the branch to the dowel I bent the branch right past where the node was. The branch at that site in both cases made it up to the canopy and became one of the main colas.
The training wire was on either side of that node. the branch would still be on the dowel, but she got too strong and the wire wasn't able to hold her. The dowel was also bending at that point.
I'm planning to experiment with that next year with the Cherry Bomb I plan on growing in the ground. I'm going to supercrop the branches down onto the dowel right by the nodes and see if that causes them to react in a similar way. I'll also experiment with it on another Romulan at some point. I still have two seeds left. Although I'm a little apprehensive about the flavour I might be getting from her. Her scent changed before I harvested her, and she smells like pinesol!
I forgot about the Orange Groves, remember seeing on the news in Florida and they sprayed trees with wafter saying that ice protected them. CL🍀
I saw something about that last night when I looked up what Joe told us about the candles. Some of the vineyard owners did that too, since ice never gets below 0C. The air temps were about -5C, so the ice acted as an insulator.

Sorry to hear about the kids. Felonious (my husband) is always paranoid that kids will do that with our plants, too.

I had intended to remove all the fan leaves from the 2 White Widow x Big Buds today but it keeps raining. I'm harvesting both because they both have a significant amount of bud rot and we have rain in the forecast for the next few days.

I love your "oak tree" roots. It kinda looks like the bur oak tree in the Dundas Driving Park.

They say it's 350 years old.

Ebony's buds have been trimmed. If the scale was accurate before it crapped out, she had 244g of trimmed buds.
I'm not sure that's accurate, but I'll try to figure it out later when we get a new scale.
She's going into jars now. I'm hoping she isn't too dry, she dried faster than I was expecting.

8.6 ounces sounds good to me, and it could be even higher if the buds are on the dry side of 62%.

:welldone:
I went to burp them today, and they hadn't softened up like they usually do. I got a bit lazy. Still taste fine in a vape, so not really a problem.
Good amount of trim too, enough for a run of bubble hash.
Opened up a bit of room in the drying rack, so Lucille is almost all the way down.
Still no mould on what's left though. I'm really impressed with her resistance.

Ebony's buds have been trimmed. If the scale was accurate before it crapped out, she had 244g of trimmed buds.
I'm not sure that's accurate, but I'll try to figure it out later when we get a new scale.
She's going into jars now. I'm hoping she isn't too dry, she dried faster than I was expecting.
Go Ebs!

🌸💛🌸💛🌸💛

Back
Top Bottom