Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

:welcome: Pooobs :)

There had just recently been some questions in regards to treating Lyme disease here. I'm sure someone is going to pop in and ask a few of you.
I've never researched that in particular, maybe it's time for a little reading up.

Thanks for joining us here.

:circle-of-love:

BTW, you did mean "Motoco" when you typed "morocco" in your post...right? Otherwise, I'm confused.

:laughtwo:

Haha yes MOTOCO not Morroco. I have been reading about Lyme and Cannabis oil for much of the past 4 months, and obviously I have been through the ringer with Lyme myself for 15+ years, so I am well versed in what it does to the body and how the oil begins to reverse the damage. I haven't talked to a ton of Lyme patients myself about this treatment, as its not technically legal where I live, but I have reached out to some people and shared some of the knowledge MOTOCO was dropping on me. I would be happy to answer questions about Lyme. There is a book out that a girl wrote called "Cannabis and Lyme", but it was no help as far as dosing or protocol. I ditched reading it early on, but I think it was good for my family to read, so they understood more of what the plant does.
I will say if you can get higher CBD strain, that is likely better suited for Lyme, from what I have read. However, the strains with limited CBD seem to work great for me! I'm still fairly new to playing around with strains, and I don't always have a ton of options, but I'm learning more and more, and I got a feeling this is a great spot to continue refining the process

WOW, gang, this thread of valuable information and MOTOCO tributes have brought me to my knees.....interesting timing that you just started this thread and then he passes unexpectedly....what a wonderful lasting legacy to honor his work and his name and to continue forward....now all of you can take up the mantle and continue on....I can't think of a more wonderful way to celebrate his life....:Namaste:

Life works in mysterious ways....be kind to one another :circle-of-love:

I cannot read the previous posts right now friends. I am too emotional at what I just found out. I have spent the last 3 days mourning a friend/almost family member that passed away with cancer. He would not use the oil I gave him. I am in shock, disabelief and pain from the news I just read. I am mad as heck too!! I cannot believe MO has to go through this.

I don't know how much is known about Lyme's disease and cannabis. My little town is a hot spot for Lyme's disease and a hot spot for unofficial growing (If you run 1500 extra watts, your electric bill shows up as average for the neighborhood.)

My wife's primary care doctor is well aware and supportive of medical marijuana for her fibromyalgia. She diagnosed my wife's freshly contracted Lyme's disease in about 3 seconds and said don't bother with a test, it won't test positive for 3-4 more days. She HAD NEVER heard of marijuana and Lyme's disease. So ... anecdotally, I don't tjink much is known about Lyme's disease and marijuana.

Of 3 local people who had early Lyme's, two continued smoking marijuana during anti-biotics and the third is not a smoker so I didn't ask.

I believe you are right in ignoring anti-biotic treatment after months and years. My local garden center owner had his 20-ish son move back home during Lyme's recovery, so you are no alone in this. I'm sorry your road has been so long and difficult. It is about 3 hours into the New Year (Winter Solstice) where I live. This is a time when the forces dragging things down switch to forces encouraging growth and new life - often as movement under the surface. May this energy help move your healing forward. :love:

I don't know how much is known about Lyme's disease and cannabis. My little town is a hot spot for Lyme's disease and a hot spot for unofficial growing (If you run 1500 extra watts, your electric bill shows up as average for the neighborhood.)

My wife's primary care doctor is well aware and supportive of medical marijuana for her fibromyalgia. She diagnosed my wife's freshly contracted Lyme's disease in about 3 seconds and said don't bother with a test, it won't test positive for 3-4 more days. She HAD NEVER heard of marijuana and Lyme's disease. So ... anecdotally, I don't tjink much is known about Lyme's disease and marijuana.

Of 3 local people who had early Lyme's, two continued smoking marijuana during anti-biotics and the third is not a smoker so I didn't ask.

I believe you are right in ignoring anti-biotic treatment after months and years. My local garden center owner had his 20-ish son move back home during Lyme's recovery, so you are no alone in this. I'm sorry your road has been so long and difficult. It is about 3 hours into the New Year (Winter Solstice) where I live. This is a time when the forces dragging things down switch to forces encouraging growth and new life - often as movement under the surface. May this energy help move your healing forward. :love:

Thanks for the kind words. I am not sure about acute Lyme, as I was not diagnosed or treated for way too long. It seems antibiotics are generally effective if you get diagnosed early on, but if you have had Lyme for multiple years, treatment becomes far more difficult. The other information I found fascinating was that the Oil is likely its own potent antibiotic, only without the nasty downside. I believe they found in a study that at least 6 different compounds in the plant each single handily killed MRSA in a lab test tube. I thought that was extremely telling when I read it. With the need for more powerful and safer antibiotics, as certain bacteria and infections are becoming resistant to many forms, it appears the OIL is possibly more effective at truly healing the body from what was ailing it and far safer.

My Lyme Doctor knows a little about the oil regimen, but he's only had one other patient actually stick with it long term. That patient truly healed himself and ended up moving out to Colorado to join the industry, as his whole life changed. So my Doc has encouraged me to stick with the Oil, which is refreshing, after all the crappy experiences I've had with Docs over the years. I do know that people with "chronic" Lyme have a very hard time with treatments of any kind, so I want to get the word out about the TACKING especially, but certainly the oil as well.

-One Love

I was just reading through a doctors' checklist/questionnaire for Lyme's disease symptoms. That is one doozy of a list of symptoms that can occur and plague the unfortunate victims!

My heart goes out to those afflicted for sure.

:love:

@Poooobs:
I believe they found in a study that at least 6 different compounds in the plant each single handily killed MRSA in a lab test tube.

You wouldn't by any chance know where you read that? Would love to have access to the info in the study. :)

I too live in a state that is not totally legal yet and my doctor too knows I tack with oil.. I stopped for a while when my lung collapsed and when he found out... He immediately told me to restart and not to stop because of him again... They have started drug testing all patients in this state that are on any type of maintenance meds and he even told me he would get me around those.. The medical field is coming around....:circle-of-love:

As would I. I'd also be interested in where you read about the CBD ratios as pertains to Lyme disease. I've a friend challenged with this disabling malady. More research on my part is needed before I approach her about an alternative treatment.

SweetSue: I am not sure there was any one article that claimed higher CBD was helpful, but I know from my reading that quite a few patients had success with strictly CBD paste, and I was using just the CBD oil for the first few weeks of my treatment, before I decided to take the full plunge into the CO. CBD is really good for inflammation, which is a key symptom to get under control, but again, I've had great success with low CBD ratios and the higher THC oil. So I don't think it was anything more than anectdotal. I will say even just taking the CBD oil gave me a decent amount of improvement, especially for clearing my mind and feeling way less stressed.

That said, I knew my body needed the THC also, because of stomach and appetite issues, so the CBD alone, was not going to be enough for me.

The THC is such a major player on the field. I'm new to all of this, but even my limited exposure has shown the necessity of working out the ratios for different health challenges as well as individual patients. What I find reassuring about CCO is the absence of dibilitating side effect as you work through those protocol standards.

At one point near the end, my husband was taking 21 different medications to control symptoms of five different issues that threatened his life. We were always concerned that, although each of those meds had been tested, no one had ever tested them as a unit. It always felt like he was taking a toxic dump. That thought alone, played out in his head over and over on a daily basis through 10 different dosing times, likely contributed to his demise at so young an age. I have to work hard to tamp down the frustration of knowing CCO would have been a much more effective approach. Everything in its own time Susan. Everything in its own time.

I'm gonna find a quiet spot for a few minutes now and recover from that.

(Quote) Originally Posted by Only For 710 View Post
I am in so much pain and shock right now to be reading about Tim's death. There are so many things running through my head that I could say and should say about him. I'm just in too much pain to say anything. I'm also mad that this great man is gone. I want him back!!

MO, If I am feeling this way, I can not imagine the deep pain you are going through. You and Tim helped me saved my husband. The two of you saved me from that kind of pain.
Thank you Tim and Mo
Thank you Mo for sharing your Tim with us

Fightsmallcell (Quote)

:thanks:Yes, Fightsmallcell, the pain and shock of Tim's passing are overwhelming. When they subside, and they will, you'll be more able to express what this great man meant to you. But we already know. We feel just like you.

I'm mad as hell and I want Tim back too!!!

I talked to Mo yesterday. I was worried I would embarrass myself (hard to imagine, I know). I felt such great loss, how must Mo feel and what could I possibly say to this powerhouse that has lost so much more than I?
We cried and cried together. Then we cried and laughed with stories of Tim. Whenever I talked with Tim, Mo was right there, filling in words when Tim paused, finishing his sentences if he was too slow. They were one. In a very good, kind, caring way. Mo has all of Tim's words and thoughts as her own. She IS the great 'Mother of Tacking' that we all, and the world, need right now. She is as passionate an oiler as I've ever seen, and I for one give her my full support, cooperation, and energy (such as it is).

You go:love: Mo:love:, we love you with all our being.

:Namaste:

Re-post.

John said:
Whenever I talked with Tim, Mo was right there, filling in words when Tim paused, finishing his sentences if he was too slow. They were one. In a very good, kind, caring way.

Yep, whenever we were skyping..."Mo says HI!" I always imagined her happy smiling face with a big wave of the hand....and it was a good feeling.

:circle-of-love:

John, I sent you a PM...lemme' know whatcha think. :)

Back
Top Bottom