Cannabis Rezination

Thanks @InTheShed , I even have a start and finish time . You know I was wanting to drought Otrera since she’s been singled out. I would recommend the purple punch for a beginners, I sure haven’t been able to kill em or even give a deficiency. Back to Otrera I have to go farther in to see when I need start this 5 day run in 7 days .

Oh boy,
I have a long evening ahead pulling three separate BHO pulls. I can see the straw hat coming out in a few. We will talk science. After tonight you folks will be fully prepared to talk things over with any naysayer cohorts and explain how and why this must work. I did not invent this stuff but our creator did, and he built in protections we will learn to manipulate to our advantage.

This will be a ripper fun getting all lab coated like. :bongrip: :bongrip: :bongrip:

Straw Hat Notes on Droughting Cannabis

About them leaves, we must visit why I don’t defoliate drought candidates. First and foremost, as our bro shed pointed out the foliar mass provides stored nutrients and plant energy that the plant counts on when it comes to both reproductive responsibilities as well as species survival genetics. Secondly, the dying or dead leaves are providing sensory cells all the information they need to monitor the droughts progress and report to the GRN (genetic regulatory network) how grievous the lack of moisture across the root zone to the dead leaves is presented, and how much to alter the synthesis of abscisic acid (ABA) and Jasmonate (JA) with hopes of protecting her flowers. The drought causes changes in production of JA & ABA that result in the increased production of THC and CBD only, whereas with MeJA the cannabinoid profile increases for most all cannabinoids. MeJA will get discussed another time please. The “killing of leaves” during drought although never the intention serves us well. The dying leaves have all closed their stomas as the plant began defending the drought. This stops (we hope temporarily) most all transpiration. The cessation of transpiration mutes all growth commands as the plant recognizes its primary duty is to reproduce. This phenomenon is known in part as species survival coding that is written in each plants DNA. The plant thinks her only duty is to protect what if any seeds she may have produced by covering them in essential oils. As she wilts from her turgid posture (leaves no longer being held upright) she free’s up a huge amount of available plant resources that are normally consumed arranging the turgid posture. A big part of her day and night is spent holding her leaves as far away from darkness as is possible. I know, we were all taught that a plant follows light. It really sets out avoiding darkness. The long cells react with red photons pulling the plant away from shade. Anyhow, once she is fighting drought her shade avoidance energies are reallotted to the protection of them seeds. This partly answers where she gets the gumption to make our juice when the leaves cannot provide photosynthesis. I hope…

Way too stoned to keep our discussion flowing… tbc :hookah:

Losing that many leaves definitely was not the goal, as you can see how Maritimer's plants look after recovery. Some brown and some fall but the plants still look very much alive. Mine not so much!
I think it looks great Shed, really promising! Hopefully when you get to test it, that will confirm that it has done well in the potency stakes if not the beauty stakes.

And thanks as always @Maritimer for sharing your enthusiasm and experience. It's pissing down here at the moment but it's all nice and warm and sharing in these threads that you wouldn't know it!

@Stunger, you are always so nice. It is folks like you that keep me coming back. If you was a plant I would try and clone ya.
pulled some majik out tonight doing butane hash oil extractions. golden blond and she tasted as good as her looks. moma was a hermied haze that was so ugly her only chance at sex was with herself.. living large at the moment playing with my seahorse nectar collectors. Look, it's a Lookah.

You two are the among the only two I've seen who seem to have done this a bunch of times, I really would like to hear what you have to say about it if you're so inclined. Seems a lot of folks like me and others are just catching on. The thread has had a lot to do with this I would say.
I'm fully engulfed in the drought too! Been doing every possible plant for a while. I swear I can see the difference happen with my eyes on most plants!

Straw Hat Notes on Droughting Cannabis

About them leaves, we must visit why I don’t defoliate drought candidates. First and foremost, as our bro shed pointed out the foliar mass provides stored nutrients and plant energy that the plant counts on when it comes to both reproductive responsibilities as well as species survival genetics. Secondly, the dying or dead leaves are providing sensory cells all the information they need to monitor the droughts progress and report to the GRN (genetic regulatory network) how grievous the lack of moisture across the root zone to the dead leaves is presented, and how much to alter the synthesis of abscisic acid (ABA) and Jasmonate (JA) with hopes of protecting her flowers. The drought causes changes in production of JA & ABA that result in the increased production of THC and CBD only, whereas with MeJA the cannabinoid profile increases for most all cannabinoids. MeJA will get discussed another time please. The “killing of leaves” during drought although never the intention serves us well. The dying leaves have all closed their stomas as the plant began defending the drought. This stops (we hope temporarily) most all transpiration. The cessation of transpiration mutes all growth commands as the plant recognizes its primary duty is to reproduce. This phenomenon is known in part as species survival coding that is written in each plants DNA. The plant thinks her only duty is to protect what if any seeds she may have produced by covering them in essential oils. As she wilts from her turgid posture (leaves no longer being held upright) she free’s up a huge amount of available plant resources that are normally consumed arranging the turgid posture. A big part of her day and night is spent holding her leaves as far away from darkness as is possible. I know, we were all taught that a plant follows light. It really sets out avoiding darkness. The long cells react with red photons pulling the plant away from shade. Anyhow, once she is fighting drought her shade avoidance energies are reallotted to the protection of them seeds. This partly answers where she gets the gumption to make our juice when the leaves cannot provide photosynthesis. I hope…

Way too stoned to keep our discussion flowing… tbc :hookah:
You wrote that WAY TOO STONED? God, @Maritimer, what do you put out when you're NOT stoned? I gotta say I'm impressed. Your depth of knowledge makes my heart sing. This is extremely clear. Makes sense completely and (not that you put it out there for this) answers my questions about this from yesterday pretty completely. Thanks so much for posting. It's one thing to be told "the plant needs the leaves." It's quite another to understand why.

You wrote that WAY TOO STONED? God, @Maritimer, what do you put out when you're NOT stoned? I gotta say I'm impressed. Your depth of knowledge makes my heart sing. This is extremely clear. Makes sense completely and (not that you put it out there for this) answers my questions about this from yesterday pretty completely. Thanks so much for posting. It's one thing to be told "the plant needs the leaves." It's quite another to understand why.
Also, if you could please develop a little bit of a vocabulary we'd appreciate it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Also, if you could please develop a little bit of a vocabulary we'd appreciate it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
hi jon,
sorry for the fake accent/vocab. long time readers know I practice writing with the hope of one day publishing my abstract on rezination for pier reviews. them folks do talk like that. and although I appreciate your kind words, truth be told I am not anything close to smart. i read and reread thousands of agricultural abstracts while healing from a major surgery after being gifted a membership in a private research community from a Professor of Biology at Cornwell who is a leading expert on plant hormones. Especially ABA. anyhow I am a data miner and collected everything I could in memory and on my computer extrapolating what can be useful to us. I stole all this knowledge. I am a retired jet electrician and former Marine. never had a botany class much less any scientific training. we are stoners trying to make a difference in the war on pain. but the compliments all do sound so nice. hehe

btw @StoneOtter is my main partner in these droughts until recently. it took me three years to get shed to read Caplans doctoral thesis. time is not something he has a lot of. knowledge yes, time no. he helps keep me in check when my studies controls are examined.

hi jon,
sorry for the fake accent/vocab. long time readers know I practice writing with the hope of one day publishing my abstract on rezination for pier reviews. them folks do talk like that. and although I appreciate your kind words, truth be told I am not anything close to smart. i read and reread thousands of agricultural abstracts while healing from a major surgery after being gifted a membership in a private research community from a Professor of Biology at Cornwell who is a leading expert on plant hormones. Especially ABA. anyhow I am a data miner and collected everything I could in memory and on my computer extrapolating what can be useful to us. I stole all this knowledge. I am a retired jet electrician and former Marine. never had a botany class much less any scientific training. we are stoners trying to make a difference in the war on pain. but the compliments all do sound so nice. hehe

btw @StoneOtter is my main partner in these droughts until recently. it took me three years to get shed to read Caplans doctoral thesis. time is not something he has a lot of. knowledge yes, time no. he helps keep me in check when my studies controls are examined.
HA! I never accused you of being smart, just wanted more big words!! :laugh::laugh: I joke of course. I've read enough peer reviews and such to recognize the language. You wear it well. And enjoy the ass kissing, cuz I don't stay like this for long, as some of these guys will tell you. Lol. Thanks for the background on you. I always like to know the person at least a little bit that I'm communicating with. I'm a musician and retired white collar bullshit job haver, and an ex-construction guy and painter. Five years ago I fell off a ladder and got partially paralyzed from the waist down. So all my growing is done from a wheelchair, and one of my hopes is to develop this wheelchair specialty indoor growing idea I've been working on to the goal of helping wheelchair growers realize that they CAN produce great bud, and lots of it, with minimal assistance. Lots of folks in this position have serious confidence issues, and I have overcome them and now want to help others do the same.

HA! I never accused you of being smart, just wanted more big words!! :laugh::laugh: I joke of course. I've read enough peer reviews and such to recognize the language. You wear it well. And enjoy the ass kissing, cuz I don't stay like this for long, as some of these guys will tell you. Lol. Thanks for the background on you. I always like to know the person at least a little bit that I'm communicating with. I'm a musician and retired white collar bullshit job haver, and an ex-construction guy and painter. Five years ago I fell off a ladder and got partially paralyzed from the waist down. So all my growing is done from a wheelchair, and one of my hopes is to develop this wheelchair specialty indoor growing idea I've been working on to the goal of helping wheelchair growers realize that they CAN produce great bud, and lots of it, with minimal assistance. Lots of folks in this position have serious confidence issues, and I have overcome them and now want to help others do the same.
A musician! Well why didn.t you say that from the get go, we can arrange a 420 band. I play the harmonica poorly.

You have got my attention now with talk of this wheelchair gardening of cannabis. If I can help in any way I will, the chair is waiting for my submission. I already have downsized from 5 gallon containers to the kitty litter 3.5 gallon rectangular and my numbers (yield) have been on par. The basement stairs are going to present problems that Mrs Maritimer says will go away if we move down to Tennessee.

Lots of folks in wheelchairs up at my VA hospital that will be interested in any ideas you develop. :love:

Hi @Maritimer

I've been on the fence for trying a drought on one of my plants. And it's time to get off the fence.

I've got 3 autos going, the grow medium is 100% hydroton, in 10 gallon buckets.
I'm willing to try turning the feed off on one of the plants- I think I'll let more the experienced growers pick which one will work best.

I'm nowhere near as good at the trigonometry for the leaf angles, but I'm willing to take daily photos of the plant to show the process.

I can't promise the bravery to take it to the end like Shed did- but I've followed enough to want to try it, and most likely repeat it in the future.

And I think my system might be an ideal candidate for a hydro drought.

Right now I'm at around 37(?) of flower.

Any thoughts?

@Maritimer check this out @DonkeyDick

Got a reading assignment ahead of me, just might learn a new trick from an old salty dog. :popcorn:

This is pertinent to the rezinisation regime. Have a listen.

This is from May this year. This guy is a career Ag’ scientist with a PHD and a finger on the pulsing arteries of research. Late in the interview he mentions that he is aware that people are experimenting with MeJa in this way, but that he isn’t aware of any peer reviewed papers saying it is safe. FYI.
He is concerned that it isn’t approved by any of the acronym heavy organisations with an interest.
While a loupe will tell us undeniably that resin production is increased by its use, I don’t know that we are equipped to test it on animals. That’s just me.
I’m right alongside the drought stress. As it is more of a mechanical type of initiative it is measurable and repeatable.

(Here at the edge of what is known we wind time back a few thousand years. It’s like we’re sitting in a field of mushrooms wondering which ones to eat.
“You go first.”
“No you go first.”)

@Maritimer have any bits fallen off?

@Maritimer check this out @DonkeyDick
Thanks Hipster,
I think @DonkeyDick might have told me about this fellow.
I am not surprised at all that there has been no empirically sound studies conducted to determine the effects that a foliar treatment of meja at the especially low dose we apply one time to our plants has when combusted. I take a spray bottle with 150 parts per million meja and apply it liberally using about 2 ounces covering six plants. So 2 ounces @150 ppm divided by 6 plants. Not very much there to combust. But if that holds folks back I understand. Drought and meja are two separate plays. When combined I call it Rezination.

I am certain it would be breaking some prohibitive regulation everywhere to apply meja to cannabis. I remember landing in Japan for a six month gig and they took us young Marines into a movie theater and made us listen to an indoctrination about Japan. WTF Anyhow, just when we were all falling asleep in the presentation they began to discuss a certain kind of alcohol we were forbidden to consume. This got our attention, and they went on to describe this opium based liquor. Guess what drink we all just had to try. Sorry, I have not been obeying cannabis laws for a very long time.

This is pertinent to the rezinisation regime. Have a listen.
My long eared brother, big hugs. Been too long since we said hay!

I talked about this before and his concerns are legitimate from legal standpoints. Medically speaking I don't give a hoot after smoking mexican bricks for years and surviving with so far all my parts.

Don't be a stranger round my barn :love:

Ahoy 420,
Remember the plant we chopped then sprayed the larf with meja. shit howdy she is gonna make us another ounce.

Garden Update,
These Queens are special. Dang

Back
Top Bottom