Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Congratulations Sista, always good to have more meds. :love:

:love: to mom.

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Trees...
Good problem to have. Lol.
Can you side light them somehow?

Yeah, that thing is a tree....
Great minds.....LOL. I'm considering standing up or hanging two of the homemade cfl units down next to it. That will take some doing, but can be done. They're kind of heavy but already have hooks in the ends of them to do it with. Won't have near the kinds of buds that the LED would provide though.

In the meantime, I'm going to ask Sara from Mars Hydro how far down the light penetration goes on the units. That one would be really easy to raise higher. Supposed to be a 3.5' wide footprint, so that part is covered.

Canna, I had a frost last nite so I hightailed it to my lumberman and came home with a truckload of wood for tonite and all the provisions to make some lentil soup with naan bread.

Went to the back barn and retrieved the water heaters for the 100 gallon water tanks for the horses....yepper, it's that time of the year....

I'll check into the rep thing

Canna, I had a frost last nite so I hightailed it to my lumberman and came home with a truckload of wood for tonite and all the provisions to make some lentil soup with naan bread.

I'll check into the rep thing

Oh! Naan bread! :hug:

Beats the heck out of the french loaf slices I just grilled.

That's what the chef recommended to have with this recipe.....I found some at Meijer...what's not to like.....?

Thank you Radogast. :) It was a trip for sure. LOL

Well, it went to a low of 35 degrees overnight. I went into the garage grow about an hour ago and the temp was a whopping 10 degrees higher than outside. Not good...not good at all.
So, work is in progress today to either get the wood stove re-routed to blowing in there or redirecting some heat from the house via the basement stairwell duct that was connected to the wood stove.

I think I would rather use the propane heat instead of the tremendous work of keeping the outdoor wood stove going in extreme cold. I'm not lazy....but I'm real tired of hauling/splitting/stacking and trying to keep wood dry for burning in zero temps.

The plug in heater unit is seriously hitting my electric bill, and those things scare the heck out of me. I don't need the worry.

I have two plants that are showing yellowing on the lower leaves, I will have pics in a bit.

Can that be from the cold temps?

Hmmmm.....I wonder how much heat a 400w HPS unit gives off? Enough to keep a room heated sufficiently for the plants?

THC Bomb got moved to the garage and is under the Mars Hydro light. I had to shift all of the other plants over to make room for her.
The top got bent down (hope it doesn't break). There is still a lot of room to lift the light, but I want to be sure I get light enough on the lower areas as well. Probably going to take some major support as it gets more mature with those buds. :)

I also put the two sleestacks next to her to finish up.

THC_bomb7.jpg

Here's the two plants yellowing. Hopefully this is just the natural dying off of old leaves at the bottoms? Or is this a sign of a deficiency, with the brownish areas and the yellow on the edges of some?

The first pic, this plant likes to droop a lot for some reason. She picks up a bit when watered, but not completely lately. Hopefully getting more heat in there will help.

yellowing_13.jpg

yellowing_21.jpg

For documentation, the rest of the days activities:

Colloidal Silver Project is ongoing. The plant has stopped making pistils and the ones that were there have died off. This is Day 13 since starting it. There are still no signs of the plant growing any male parts.

I planted one rooted clone into a seedling pot and put it with the vegging girls, THC Bomb clone 1. Still waiting on Afghan kush and Buddha. I recut the stems to see if I can get things moving fresh. This has worked for me in the past.

I went outside and dug up the pollinated Wildlings and transplanted them into pots. They are indoors now in front of a large window.
It does appear a seed process is there, but I think the cold weather may have slowed that down considerably if it is seeds.
Being indoors ought to show me something for sure within a week.
I just don't want to see them die from frost bite.

This evening I will be putting 3 clones into their final pots, they are over 6" high and I want to LST them down before they get too tall.

There is still a video going in the garage grow, it's not real exciting. The plants have all regrown the leaves and they will be due for another defoliation very soon. I'm going to keep collecting the videos until after the last defol so there might be something interesting to see on the changes.

This is getting to be a full time job......and I already have one of those. :laughtwo:

Oh, and the laundry and dishes are almost done....

And Top Gal dry weight total was 4.65 oz.

Not real dense buds, but she's going to make some right fine oil...nice and sticky.

A fall pic:

Nugs14.jpg

All in all on the outdoor grow thoughts....any other warmer state maybe. Not here in Michigan. Way too many problems with weather in general and cold weather comes way too fast. The season for maximizing harvests is so tight, there is no room for error or late buds.

The other problem that comes into play here is the actual amount of sunlight the plants receive due to me being in the middle of the woods. Had these plants had a full day of sunshine, instead of a few hours each day, I think the yield would have been so much better.

But, it was a fun trip........:rofl:

Nice update Sista.

Congrats on the Wildlings Partner.

The yellowing leaves and general unhealthy look of the two plants on the end nearest the garage door are getting worse.
I found it odd that it is only these two plants, so I had to take a close look at what's going on with that end of the room.

Using a candle, I discovered a major draft of cold air coming through the corner where the hanging tarp stopped. That cold air was directly in line with those two girls. So I sealed up the draft, checked it with the candle and the smoke was normal rising.
I'm hoping that this has been the problem because they look worse every day.

The problem with diagnosing yellowing leaves is that it could a number of different things causing it, so it's kind of a crap shoot trying to figure it out. ;-)

I swear...before this season is over I'm going to wind up with a permanent wall in there from ceiling to floor....and then of course a door...and drop ceiling.....:laughtwo:

Good job Sista.

UPDATE CLONES IN VEG 10-19-15

Here's the veggie clones. I tried to do some color correcting to get the yellow of HPS lighting out of it. Best I can do. ;-) I think Afghan Kush clone is just about ready for flip. Maybe this coming weekend.

10-19_9.jpg

These are the two clones taken from Top Gal in flower. Not a whole lot of change in them as yet, but they're very much alive and kickin'

10-19_8.jpg

10-19_7.jpg

I'm going to start calling that the Garage Row instead of the Garage Grow Partner.

Back
Top Bottom