Capt Blast Moving Indoors - A Utility Shed Perpetual

hello captain hope u good my man! Grow looking great !! whats your reasons for triming alot of your fan leaves late in flower? have u done this before? there seems to be alot of controversy aboout weather this is beneficial or not ?? Im late in flower too now annd i am in 2 minds about cutting some down ??

Buddhabuds, thanks for stoping by. ,ve come across it in my studies and thought I'd give it a go, makes sense to me to get light to the buds being they are in a restricted area size and light wise, so I thought what the heck I'm gonna give it a go. I found several lengthy discussions & arguments about it on several different sites and books, but their was an excellent journal of a side by side comparison that convinced me to try it at least once. I can't remember the thread but if I do I'll pass it along to you. Thanks for stopping by.

Nevermind... saw the AC post... hope your back is better.

Tead I'm glad you weren't so bored you managed the to read the post just above yours. I've run a Big Buddy propane heater and a worthless A/C this last week as we've been getting some upper temps in the 70's, that I'm about to replace with a 220 volt unit that heats and cools. If you're bored sometime and want to see my whole setup you can read through my thread at your leisure.

:rolleyes3

hello captain hope u good my man! Grow looking great !! whats your reasons for triming alot of your fan leaves late in flower? have u done this before? there seems to be alot of controversy aboout weather this is beneficial or not ?? Im late in flower too now annd i am in 2 minds about cutting some down ??

Really, controversy regarding the growth of mj, in the cannabis growing community, this must be a first....

I'm just shockingly lazy and mostly just ADD... please don't be offended.
I'd kill to have a 220 drop out near the shed. Thinking about running conduit and wire. In my current config, I'm running 2 extension cords from different circuits out to the shed. One for the veg tent lights, fans, and heat or AC. Another for the bloom lights and cooling.
The last few days have been evil. I don't have my AC in place yet and any tricks to optimize the ventilation have long since been used.
I've been working on an insulated interior box (5' cube) that I can fit the business end of an AC unit into. Then the exhaust from the grow box feeds into the veg tent, then out.
I usually shut down the flower area during summer and move my veg tent up to cover the AC unit. This worked super good, so I'm ramping the design up a notch.
Insulation is a key to whatever configuration. I use foam boards and whatever else I have hanging about. I have the added challenge of a tin shed in the direct sun.

see if this link will work for you Buddha

Come SOG with Me - 112 Plant - 2 Liter - Hempy SOG

Howdy Captain!

Is that a Barney's Critical Kush or Dinafem? Yours has more of a slender leaf than mine. Is it all indica?

Thanks!
Bob ;)

Doc, it's Barney's and I swear it appears some were switched @ birth with the HSO Green Crack leaf wise and height w/o bushiness. # of the five are more typical of what I expected from the CK. Supposed to be all indica :hmmmm:

I'm about over the Barney's just have such good luck with my seed orders from Herbie's

Oh! Another word on warm growing....
I've discovered that drain to waste hydro is possible in the heat. You can't get away with a dwc or recirc, but hempy buckets will work great.

Makes sense, I'm sticking with soil though going to start making my own, Fox Farm's seems to have gone the way of most of the rest of this county's customer service and declining product, the Ocean Forest hasn't impressed me from the beginning. I think I'm gonna use Shiggity Flip's idea of some bamboo supports under my trays for air circulation under the buckets however and probably going to 3 gallon buckets in the future.

Doc, I've noticed a lighter colored big bloom. Seems watered down. U too

I'm just shockingly lazy and mostly just ADD... please don't be offended.
I'd kill to have a 220 drop out near the shed. Thinking about running conduit and wire. In my current config, I'm running 2 extension cords from different circuits out to the shed. One for the veg tent lights, fans, and heat or AC. Another for the bloom lights and cooling.
The last few days have been evil. I don't have my AC in place yet and any tricks to optimize the ventilation have long since been used.
I've been working on an insulated interior box (5' cube) that I can fit the business end of an AC unit into. Then the exhaust from the grow box feeds into the veg tent, then out.
I usually shut down the flower area during summer and move my veg tent up to cover the AC unit. This worked super good, so I'm ramping the design up a notch.
Insulation is a key to whatever configuration. I use foam boards and whatever else I have hanging about. I have the added challenge of a tin shed in the direct sun.

Gotcha good. I was on extension cords for a couple months saving up to buy my 8/2 UF bought 100' for like $200 and ran it overhead for time being and installed a $30 sub panel with 12 breaker slots. The romex wire for inside and receptacles/switches were the cheap part. Will eventually get it in the ground but overhead is fine for now. I've had my water well pump on overhead for like 8 years with no problems just have to consider traffic and height. I too am going to have full sun but only in the afternoon (1/2 day) in the summer. Some have asked me about planting fast growing shade tree or two, but for the same reason I haven't put the wire underground I won't plant any trees, I may move the shed to a different location on my place. I have 2 40 foot shipping containers with power but they are in full sun all day but like the area maybe better for the future. I've gotten older than the hills and won't say I'm lazy but my energy factor ain't what it used to be. ADD I'm not but do believe if I'm gonna do it do it right the first time.

Yeah like the idea of building an insulated box, should work well. At least we had a 15-20 degree temp drop today gonna try and see if I can get this other A/C free'd up and running today, hoping it's just dirt robbers got the fan clogged up :rofl:

As promised some no yellow light pics. I did my best anyway, n photographer me. I'm going to do it in a few posts as I had some questions about strains and differences and well, I just can't cypher out how to name the pics so I can separate them if I download 'em all @ once

:hmmmm:

some pics of the 5x5 @ 46 days in flower under 1k hps:

center_shot_5x5.JPG

whole_5x5_kinda.JPG

partial_right_side_5x5.JPG

left_side_5x5.JPG

full_5x5.JPG

Here's what I expected rom the Critical Kush as to pheno, as Dr Bob inquired it is from Barney's except for the narrow leaves as Doc also inquired about, though as an afterthought it could be due to my defoliation of most larger fan leaves

CK_top_half.JPG

CK_close_up_2.JPG

CK_Macro.JPG

CK_1_two_tops.JPG

CK_1_topper.JPG

CK_1_top_2:3.JPG

CK_1_back_side.JPG

CK_1_Top_half.JPG

CK_1_Full_shot.JPG

Addiction is it man, especially when sharing here, it just adds so much more interest into the grow.. well to me anyway, lol.... Looks like your swollen calyx has been covered... Looking forward to next update mate...

:ciao: got an update with no yellow pics Pard, still getting there.....

Back
Top Bottom