Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

@TMJmedical .I would go with Mars Hydro 2x4 or 3x3 if you need a tent. They have thicker material.
I have a 4x4 MH tent and I would not buy it again. Unfortunately they’re very prone to light leaks at many places on the tent. And they cost a lot more. Just my honest opinion.

I have a 4x4 MH tent and I would not buy it again. Unfortunately they’re very prone to light leaks at many places on the tent. And they cost a lot more. Just my honest opinion.
I had a couple pin holes. I fixed them with black nail polish. I think the only tent I haven't heard too much about light leaks is the Gorilla tents. I'm too poor for that kind of quality.:(
Everything else works for me so the pin holes were a minor inconvenience.
Hi Heavenly....geez,how rude am I?:passitleft:

I had a couple pin holes. I fixed them with black nail polish. I think the only tent I haven't heard too much about light leaks is the Gorilla tents. I'm too poor for that kind of quality.:(
Everything else works for me so the pin holes were a minor inconvenience.
Hi Heavenly....geez,how rude am I?:passitleft:
Lol, I didn’t say hi either, so I’m definitely the rude one! Hi VG and hi to carcass too! :ciao::ciao:
I wonder if I got a bad one? I’ve been really looking closely lately and I’ve got a few problem areas. Bummer.

I'm the rude one,you're visiting my journal,and I didn't say HI to either one of you- jeez...
Hi @Virgin ground & @Heavenly Hybrid ...Hope you both are having a great Saturday!

Well,it's Tuesday,so it must be time for Monday's update...?
I've got a little time before the granddaughter gets here,so I'll sneak
this in before she arrives...
The girls aren't growing up much anymore,now they're busy working on the buds...
Northern Lights on the left,Peyote Critical on the right

Getting pretty close to a full house in there...

Pulled them out for a few pics-The NL is shorter than the PC,but a bit more "husky"

Here's a top shot-not as many buds as the PC,but what she has are a little fatter:

Here's the PC-taller and skinnier than her roommate:

More buds on her than the NL-I'm going to try and spread her out a little to give the buds
a little more elbow room...

This is a NL bud-slowly getting frostier:

The PC's buds are way ahead in the frost department...here's a couple of 'em

Even the larger fanleaves near the buds are frosting up,can't hardly touch her anywhere without getting sticky...

And here's a farewell shot of the guy outside-I got a little clone off him that seems to be rooting,so he's going away-he's just getting too big again,and not even close to producing any pollen...

I'm starting a Seedsman Cheese (fem) that's going into his spot
If it pops-the first one I tried didn't go-popped out two taproots,and stopped growing...
They were free seeds,so I can't complain,at least not yet

So that's about all for today-Thanks for looking, I appreciate the support!

See you here again in about 6 days or so-Hopefully things will be back to normal around here by then...:peace:

So yeah, you're really rocking it over here in your journal, @carcass

... Heya Carcass, this is a Very Good example of quading.. If you mainline, you would triple production in only double the size... However looking at your ummmm grow room ( lol good f in idea though ) you don't have any more room.. Many people could learn a few things from this thread/grow.. Keeping it real, and realistic.. Grow what you can house, not try to house what you grow huh?? Should be a nice haul... Green evening, looking forward to you harvest weight totals...

Thanks for that,@MaddHacker
A 3x3 or 2x4 tent and another light is the goal....more space would be sooo nice....
But this one will have to do for a little longer...but I'm gonna be at this for quite awhile,so I'll get there...eventually-I'm as old as dirt,so I don't get in a hurry anymore:)

I have two sun hut tents that are 6 or 7 years old, and despite torn zippers and a few rips in the foil lining inside by fans rubbing and constant opening and closing of the doors, the tent is still perfectly usable in a dedicated room where light leaks are not going to be a problem. Then I have a little Gorilla tent, and that thing is flat out amazing. I can do pull ups from its roof support, it is that strong. I expect to get decades of use out of this sturdy thing and it is worth every penny they charge for them.

Then I have a little Gorilla tent, and that thing is flat out amazing. I can do pull ups from its roof support, it is that strong. I expect to get decades of use out of this sturdy thing at it is worth every penny they charge for them.
:rofl: The pull ups got me!
Really good to know when considering buying one, since they do cost a lot more. I have a small cheap tent in the closet, so like you said, I don’t have to worry much about light leaks, but it has some handy little features for being a little cheap-o. You can really tell when a grower designs it. :thumb:

As much as I like Mars for their lights, my tent has no light leaks and I got it for something like $90 on Amazon. Sturdy enough for me and I've moved it 4 or 5 times!

TopoGrow D-Door 48"x24"x72"
Mine has more holes than a govt election promise or a red light district but it only leaks out , spent hours checking and not found any leaking in !! Have some fog to plait today too.

Back
Top Bottom