Carcass' $150 Low Budget Grow 2019

Thanks,Bobby-they're made with orange jello,believe it or not- they turned reddish when I added the oil...

Looove me some gummies myself. Mine are exactly the same. If I eat one it’s just on the proper side of comfortable.. sometimes I’ll eat two at once and in 30-40 minutes I can feel the exact moment I passed that threshold.. it’s like a wave that washes over you.

I’m glad that keeping them drier helped! I remember reading the most common problems with germination are 1) too wet and 2) too cold. I’ve gotten into the habit soaking the cup before I sow, then just leaving the cup on top of the light til it pops. Nice and warm, nice and breezy. So far, not a single failure.

:goodjob:

it’s like a wave that washes over you.
Yeah,about 45 minutes and boom! yer baked....
Those gummies look delish!..
Those ones are good-I substituted Triple Sec* for the water in the recipe,combined with orange jello-they're "orangey" af....

*I can't have alcohol- it cooks off during the heating part of the process...

yes, pure alcohol does evaporate at that temp.. but when it’s not pure, it’s mixed with water... something about the way the ethanol molecules interact with water makes it impossible to evaporate it all away... if you take ten bottles of wine and cook it down to a cup, it’ll still have like 5% alcohol.

when I was in culinary school the kids in the culinary science program confirmed this

Hi,Herb - great to see you!
The last time I tried to germinate anything it took 9 seeds to get 2 to go- I mentioned that to Seedsman (not really thinking they'd be sympathetic) and they sent me out 9 replacements- Not the same strains as I'd had no luck with,but they gave me a choice of 11 new (to me) strains,and ten days later they were in my mailbox.

I am too- I was all set for this to be an ordeal, so I was tickled pink when they both came up last night!

That's why I switched to Seedman!

The crappy Canadian Seed Company (that I'll never deal with again) politely said "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out" - when the seeds I bought from them didn't germinate! Grrr!

The crappy Canadian Seed Company is a sponsor here too - so I can't publish their name!

Hint: They are really expensive to buy from!

Save your money and PM me if you're interested in knowing who they are.

Just made my 4th batch of gummies,using @Preston9mm 's recipe....Making these gummies at home is saving me about $100 a month at the dispensary (Mrs.C. loves her gummies)

Actually,I've been eating a pretty healthy share of them too- Thanks again,Preston!
And... @BobbyZ 's idea to store them in the freezer keeps them nice n fresh! (mine seem to get a little oily if stored at room temp)
Thanks,Bobby!
1581129036341.jpeg

1 bear to get "just right" high, or 1 lego to get higher than I meant to be....
I use some pretty strong oil.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Nice!

I'm going to try @Preston9mm 's recipe when our Canna Butter is all gone.

Did you use 3 pouches or 4 pouches of the gelatin? I know it affects the firmness.

I'm planning on using Canna Coconut Oil - what did you use?

The crappy Canadian Seed Company is a sponsor here too - so I can't publish their name!

Dr. Seeds has been a great Canadian company to deal with. I dropped three of their Granddaddy Purple (fem) seeds, and all three made it to flowering. The last one is got two to three weeks to got to harvest.

The crappy Canadian Seed Company (that I'll never deal with again) politely said "don't let the door hit your ass on the way out" - when the seeds I bought from them didn't germinate! Grrr!
One of the things I do before purchasing anything online is find out what their policies are so I know what the risks are when buying, such as this one from Dr. Seeds ;), assuming that's the sponsor of course.

GERMINATION PROBLEMS

We will not send free seeds or offer a cash return on the basis of a claim of non-germination. Read more about germination here.

@carcass just be careful, it’s impossible to cook off alcohol completely
Thanks for that,Chef....I can handle a little residual alcohol in the gummies, since I don't eat a fistful at a time...as long as I don't have enough alcohol to "feel it" I'm ok....
Did you use 3 pouches or 4 pouches of the gelatin? I know it affects the firmness.
I only use 1 pkg of the gelatin, but instead of 2 pkgs of regular jello,I use 1 regular (2 cup) box of jello,and 1 sugar free (4 cup size) box and they come out with just the right firmness...2 pkgs of gelatin make them a little too firm (for Mrs.C's liking, anyway)
The nice thing- even if they're not the ideal texture, they still get you high af :)
* I use grapeseed oil so far- When i run out I'm planning on trying coconut oil- @InTheShed mentioned one time that the body metabolizes coconut oil faster than many other oils,so I'm going to try it.

I don't care much for coconut, but I'm willing to try it...for science! :)

I don't care much for coconut, but I'm willing to try it...for science! :)
I've found two versions of coconut oil. One stays solid to about 25°C / 77°F The other remained liquid in the fridge. I don't know which would be best for gummies, but I like the one that remains solid for capsules.

Dr. Seeds has been a great Canadian company to deal with. I dropped three of their Granddaddy Purple (fem) seeds, and all three made it to flowering. The last one is got two to three weeks to got to harvest.

I really like @DrSeeds - I had a chat with them about their new Kelp product recently.

And I know a lot of people here at 420 who have had success with their seeds.

I especially like the artwork on their protective seed containers - very original!

I really like @DrSeeds - I had a chat with them about their new Kelp product recently.

And I know a lot of people here at 420 who have had success with their seeds.

I especially like the artwork on their protective seed containers - very original!

The problem with some seeds may be the time of year we ordered them. I'm not certain, but shipping them during the coldest months of the year may kill some of them. This is why vegetable and ornamental seed companies send their seeds late winter or early spring when it warms up a bit.

Back
Top Bottom