Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

mate, do you ever sleep, how many grows you got going on, are you sure you human, either that or you got worse insomnia than i have,

mate, do you ever sleep, how many grows you got going on, are you sure you human, either that or you got worse insomnia than i have,

I've been awake for three days straight, this time. Have had a migraine, and with this one I can't lie down or I feel as though I'm rolling off the bed because of the vertigo. That induces nausea, so I just stay awake through these. On the plus side, I get insomnia with these anyway, so there's really no point in trying, unless I am feeling particularly self sadistic.

sounds like your having a rough time of it mate, have you ever been awake that long where your brain starts messing up, i get to the point where i start talking to people that are not even in the room or even in the same building, to me their standing their as clear as day holding a conversation with me, its only when someone nudges me or i snap out of it that i realise their really is no one their, i nearly had a couple of panic attacks when it first started happening, thought i was going mad, then i realised i had not slept for 6 days 5 nights,

i was speaking to an old friend he was answering me back, but he wasnt even their, now thats some crazy s@#t, sounds like your not far away from that stage yourself mate, it seems humans really do need sleep else we go mad, or i possibly am mad and without sleep im normal, or something along them lines, its like dreaming while your wide awake, i had people think i was drunk and off my head on some illegal substances, but know it was my brain shutting down and me tripping out, now if thats not a vision i dont know what is, i might try asking the lottery numbers next time im awake that long, they may be a few days ahead and know the winning numbers.

who knows where are brain goes when we are in that state, another dimension, the way someone explained this other dimension stuff was crazy, he said it was like, us now live on one floor of a tower block, the people on the floors above and below are in another dimension and their are places where we cross paths, he called these the lifts and entrance to the building,

he was really into the space time stuff and other dimensions and we sometimes bump into these other worlds that co exist along side ours, he really does make it sound plausable, i dont care either way,

Sorry about your latest setback, this is where we pull our bootstraps up and get right back at it. I don't know that much about hydro but do you have a air bubbler in your res? More oxygen couldn't hurt. Is the res temp below 70f? I made a airo system years ago when they first came out, from stuff from a big box hardware store and a sprinkler supply house, it was perfect, till I put it under the lights with plants in it. I lost everything due to not knowing about water temp, and sites like this. This site is nothing short of miraculous, and the people here make it that way.:love:

About your migraines, I know you've probably tried excedrin extra strength/migraine, but if not its really helped me and my daughter. She gets them way worse than me, (if she doesn't get the excedrin fast enough, the migraine is so strong that it makes her throw up), and she's had them since she was little. We didn't know what was causing them so the Drs. did all the tests, allergy, food, environment, and finally an mri, but they still dont know what the cause is. So she keeps the excedrin close. She also says that a comfortable chair, headphones with good music is a must, hope this helps.

Dont be discouraged with the girls, time is on your side and you have more coming in right behind these ones, and thats the whole idea isn't it, one set after another. Sending you, your family and your girls some :circle-of-love:, :peace: out.

P.S. Aren't all geniuses nuts, or is it just me? LOL

Sorry about your latest setback, this is where we pull our bootstraps up and get right back at it. I don't know that much about hydro but do you have a air bubbler in your res? More oxygen couldn't hurt. Is the res temp below 70f? I made a airo system years ago when they first came out, from stuff from a big box hardware store and a sprinkler supply house, it was perfect, till I put it under the lights with plants in it. I lost everything due to not knowing about water temp, and sites like this. This site is nothing short of miraculous, and the people here make it that way.:love:

About your migraines, I know you've probably tried excedrin extra strength/migraine, but if not its really helped me and my daughter. She gets them way worse than me, (if she doesn't get the excedrin fast enough, the migraine is so strong that it makes her throw up), and she's had them since she was little. We didn't know what was causing them so the Drs. did all the tests, allergy, food, environment, and finally an mri, but they still dont know what the cause is. So she keeps the excedrin close. She also says that a comfortable chair, headphones with good music is a must, hope this helps.

Dont be discouraged with the girls, time is on your side and you have more coming in right behind these ones, and thats the whole idea isn't it, one set after another. Sending you, your family and your girls some :circle-of-love:, :peace: out.

P.S. Aren't all geniuses nuts, or is it just me? LOL

Actually, I have removed the bubbler, it was growing fungus in my res. The fills and drains within the hydrotone ad the cascade back into the res from the overflow aerate the water well enough to do without.

Excedrin contains caffeine which is a trigger for my type of migraines. I can have some caffeine, like in a soda, but not as much as I would be getting from taking the 22 a day like I was to try to help. I still have Imitrex if it gets too bad, and Meclazine for the nausea and vertigo, but The Team, as I call them, actually told me to use Motrin/Advil, or buffered aspirin, either one with Tylenol. Those give the same pain killers, but without the caffeine.

I know I shouldn't be discouraged, but with this test, it's been one disaster after another, and now, I'm losing more plants. I think another two are on the way out tomorrow. I'll have to check them when the lights come back on. It's just frustrating when clones fail where I don't have room for any more to fall out. I'm down to seven in a 17 x 21 bin, that really sux for yield. It won't even be an ounce.

We're all nuts I think, lol.

Just read your previous run, and the only thing I think of is the bleach. Are you sure you rinsed the rocks real good, those damn things are really porous. Could you pull all the babies out and put them back in the cloner to completely flush your system again? This would give the babies a little more time to recoup and you may come across some more clones while they are stabilizing. Just a thought,:peace: out.

Just read your previous run, and the only thing I think of is the bleach. Are you sure you rinsed the rocks real good, those damn things are really porous. Could you pull all the babies out and put them back in the cloner to completely flush your system again? This would give the babies a little more time to recoup and you may come across some more clones while they are stabilizing. Just a thought,:peace: out.

very rinsed. I ran clean water through, over, between, around, and under thenm for 30 min after the bleach bath. I've done that many times by now, and know that these rocks can hold shit for a while. But not through that..........

These clones suffered massive dehydration in veg. here are the days they have been PAST seeing roots.
43.7 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
43.7 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
43.7 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
43.7 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
43.7 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW
68.7 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
68.7 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD

Putting them back in the cloner would be useless and even detrimental, as they would only get water... In the Flower box at least I can feed them a bit as they recover. They have been moved OUT of the bin that where the original problem was discovered, and have only been in this box since Monday. What we're seeing is damage from being completely without water for gawds know how long, and being completely wilted when I returned home.

Right now, they haven't been flipped, I'm vegging them in the flower box, and we're only up to 1/2 nutes while they gain strength. Tomorrow we go up to 3/4 nutes.

Thanks for your help in trying to identify the problem, but I already had identified it, and am halfway through the recovery process. I guess you missed the post where I pulled 15 dried clones out of this bunch, and this is what was left.

im sure you will figure it out mate, have you checked the temps, i dont know much about hydro growing so only asking what others have, not seen you reply about the res temp yet, growers use the ice packs out of cool boxes and place that in the res to lower the temps.

im not actually sure how you got your system working without going back through your journal, sorry mate but i read that many it gets confusing with so many grows, i know you all by name but when you talk about your grow set up i usually flick back a few pages and have a read again, but its 3am here and i gota be up at 7am for job interview, but chances are ill still be awake, or what usually happens is its gets to about 6am and i tell myself to turn the tv on and get up, then all of a sudden my brain decides to rest, so i think ok ill get 30min sleep, so set the alarms, then when they go off im just to run down to even move, some times the alarm can be going off for a whole hour before i feel able to get up and turn it off, broke many alarm clocks by trying to press buttons by only using my fingers to feel with my eyes closed, if it dont work, it gets the wall, usually solves the problem.

on my aero garden mate my problem was the pumps was pumping to much fluid to the plant itself, this was causing slime or algae to grow in the part where the base of the plant was and it was growing up the stem, so i unplugged the pump and added to air stones, so now all i got is plenty of bubbles, i got no light getting in and the plant is growing a lot better, plus the slime or what ever it was dried up and brushed off and it hasnt come back, id say my plants looks a whole lot better, could this have anything to do with your problem, to much water mate, it really affected my plant, made the leaves go a light colour, think it was flooding the grow medium, its strange how it does that when the roots enjoy a good swim, even with the fluid moving all the time with the pump it was still causing problems on the lowest setting out of 7 settings, so i turned it off and not i got something thats like a bubble grow, not exactly sure what the name is for this type of grow but it seems to work well.

woudlnt you ever consider going back to soil, its meant to make the bud taste better or so im told, hydro is quicker to grow i think but if you plan on a vegging schedule like say 4 to 6 weeks then i dont think the extra growth matter, im sure yield is not far off the same,

have you ever done full soil grow mate, is that how you started, what would you say the benefits are with the way your growing, a lot of people have problems with hydro, its something i want to try but if the worse happened then id be done with having some profesional grow instead of just sticking some seeds in pots, im risking it having a light, but im not growing for getting high, i really am growing for my health and my kids health, i dont mean their smoking it their only 5 and 7, but when ive not slept for 4 or 5 nights things could go wrong, im no good to them when im in that state, it would be so easy to leave the cooker on or bath running with hot water, i have to be very careful, and taking sleeping tablets dont help cuz if my kids wake up ill in the night then the tablets i been taking paralise your legs, i tried getting off the bed thinking my legs where working, but i went to stand up and collapsed on the floor, i couldnt even pull myself back on the bed, s my duaghter went and put blanket over me and got her pillow of her bed and lay on floor with me, i stopped taking them after that, and smoking cannabis has given me the chance to cut down on the others they give me, hoping to stop very soon as been medicated by these plants works far better than anything ive got off the doctor

im sure you will figure it out mate, <snip>

Done soil, 20 years, done with soil never going back to soil, too much waste, IMO. I have Ebb & Flow system, completely set up, had 2 runs in this one already. Mother bin is drip, veg bin is indirect drip. I have no space for a bunch of soil pots hanging around for all I have going. I can't grow outside, too many kids and pets, and the management of my apartment complex would have a shit fit.

Honestly guys, I know what the problem was, and I'm already working on the solution. It wasn't anything to do with something set up wrong. It had nothing to do with too little O2. It wasn't warm res, it wasn't anything at all wrong with the set-up...

The apartment lost power while I was out camping, the pumps didn't run, and my Veg bin was completely dry...

I don't need to change anything, I just need to let the plants recover now.

We're past trying to figure out the problem, it's been identified. That part is over..........

We're moving on, now, please.........

Done soil, 20 years, done with soil never going back to soil, too much waste, IMO. I have Ebb & Flow system, completely set up, had 2 runs in this one already. Mother bin is drip, veg bin is indirect drip. I have no space for a bunch of soil pots hanging around for all I have going. I can't grow outside, too many kids and pets, and the management of my apartment complex would have a shit fit.

Honestly guys, I know what the problem was, and I'm already working on the solution. It wasn't anything to do with something set up wrong. It had nothing to do with too little O2. It wasn't warm res, it wasn't anything at all wrong with the set-up...

The apartment lost power while I was out camping, the pumps didn't run, and my Veg bin was completely dry...

I don't need to change anything, I just need to let the plants recover now.

We're past trying to figure out the problem, it's been identified. That part is over..........

We're moving on, now, please.........

:amen::amen::amen:

Shit, the last thing I would do is offer advice to you lol. You have thought about it long before my lil brain would fire a thought!
Sorry to hear of your losses but, it does happen. All I can do is offer you my condolences and friendship :circle-of-love:

I have been up 3 days striaght and that shit ain't no fun. Longest I have gone is 5 days and then I passed out for a good 36 hours.

Just driving thru to see whats up. GL with a new strain. 32 seeds in a half I'd bet it comes from a large grow. They cull the males but with every larger grow afew male flowers always seem to open before ya catch it. I had one male tag like 15 outta 50 plants one year. I rememeber the weed had seeds, just afew like what you got. Alot of plants throw out male flowers at the later stages, even flowers inside the bud where you can't see. Then you only get like one two seeds outta bag. GL with whatever it is. I never trust a name myself anyways. Even from vendors. I was reading something at serious seeds that some seed bank was claiming to have thier seeds, but serious claims they turned them down as a vendor. So they are selling knock off seeds? Well all seeds are knock off of something. As long as the plants has some quailty you can allways make it better than it was. With alittle TLC and good food, and good lite= Great Weed.
Keepem Green

Just driving thru to see whats up. GL with a new strain. 32 seeds in a half I'd bet it comes from a large grow. They cull the males but with every larger grow afew male flowers always seem to open before ya catch it. I had one male tag like 15 outta 50 plants one year. I rememeber the weed had seeds, just afew like what you got. Alot of plants throw out male flowers at the later stages, even flowers inside the bud where you can't see. Then you only get like one two seeds outta bag. GL with whatever it is. I never trust a name myself anyways. Even from vendors. I was reading something at serious seeds that some seed bank was claiming to have thier seeds, but serious claims they turned them down as a vendor. So they are selling knock off seeds? Well all seeds are knock off of something. As long as the plants has some quailty you can allways make it better than it was. With alittle TLC and good food, and good lite= Great Weed.
Keepem Green

Yeah, due to not knowing if it was a cross strain pollination or a self/hermie pollination, I can't claim the "Purple Kush" lineage, so I renamed it for what it would really be... jandre Kush. heheh, narcissistic, I know, but what the hell, right?

Speaking of seeds...

10/10 germination.

24 hour water soak.

Drop in rockwool cubes, cover, place in Cardboard Flower Box under T5 lighting 18" above On the GLR. Left side. Will start on 1/4 nutes when second pair shows.
IMG_20120527_093308.jpg

sounds like your well back on track then mate, good to hear it as well, i see digital timers been worth buying now, when i had my power cut i had the old analogue ones and the stopped keeping up with time when they went off and i had to put them right, but my digital one must have built in battery cuz even when i unplug it the time stays on the screen for ages, even days possibly weeks, so i think if you was going aways id invest in digital timers to prevent it messing up the time routine the plants are used to,

10 out of 10 sprouting, thats great, they must be loving you looking after them, they all look pretty even as well, just what you want, looks like a nice healthy stable strain, good things to come im sure

Sorry I did miss that, glad you have it covered. Hey what about one of those computer battery backups for the next camping trip? :peace: out.

Back
Top Bottom