Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

At least the pump, the plants could live without light for a few days. I used to dirt grow, and for those extended camping trips I would soak the plants then fill up their little plastic catch trays, they would sit in water for a couple of days, but thats better than nothing when you have nobody to trust to take care of them. I'm sure you've seen the computer battery backups, I dont know how much power they have, but how much power do you really need for a pump? Worth a look I would think, especially when we just have to get away for awhile.

You might look into a good 3 or 4 season tent with what they call a sealed bathtub floor and a ground cover for it. I paid 350 for mine 20 years ago, and still going strong. Like you, I love getting out where no one is, even if I have to pack it in 5 miles. Some of the best camping is early spring late fall, no one else is there and way less bugs, but you and your stuff has gotta stay dry. Definitely get one with a vestibule, as I noticed in one of your pics you have a furry family member, the vestibule makes a great built in critter house. If you are worried about money, there are plenty of places that sell last years stuff, REI outlet, backcountry, and one of my favs, geartrade.com (some stuff is used so watch). Hope this helps, sorry for going a little off topic. LOL :peace: out.

Sorry I did miss that, glad you have it covered. Hey what about one of those computer battery backups for the next camping trip? :peace: out.

heheh, you and I are thinking alike! I couldn't run the lights on it though if I wanted it to last for a long time with the pumps, but I could definitely put at least the pump timers on it. Then I'd need another for the flower box as well.

was checking the prices for them, and they're a bit pricey, but it's like the reason you spend $100 for a good ABC extinguisher. When you need it, you have got to have it.

Clones were strong enough to remove the humidity dome yesterday after ten days of Neonatal Care... 100% success thus far for this clone run. All 36 plants still survive at this point.

Jandre Kush seedlings were moved to SideA to take advantage of the weaker nutrients that have been nursing the damaged plants back to health. SideA is VERY FAR behind schedule, and is in danger of throwing the whole rotation off kilter.

All the mothers are recovering very well from their extensive clipping and running strong. Purple Cindy has yet to come up to par for Maternity Ward standards, thus, she remains in the Quarantine/ICU until she shows some better growth, and/or outgrows the quarantine.

Clones were strong enough to remove the humidity dome yesterday after ten days of Neonatal Care... 100% success thus far for this clone run. All 36 plants still survive at this point.

Jandre Kush seedlings were moved to SideA to take advantage of the weaker nutrients that have been nursing the damaged plants back to health. SideA is VERY FAR behind schedule, and is in danger of throwing the whole rotation off kilter.

All the mothers are recovering very well from their extensive clipping and running strong. Purple Cindy has yet to come up to par for Maternity Ward standards, thus, she remains in the Quarantine/ICU until she shows some better growth, and/or outgrows the quarantine.

Father Jandre stands guard over the flock.....none shall fail his watchful eye!:)

Photo Update.

All 36 Clones
IMG_20120602_090324.jpg
Time since cutting:
12.8 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone-C - GFB
12.8 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone-C - LamBrd
12.8 days tracking Plush Berry Kush Clone-C - PBK
12.8 days tracking Purple Widow Clone-C - PW

SideA: Still vegging, and with Seedlings added.
IMG_20120602_090952.jpg

0.0 days tracking Jandre Kush - Jandre
50.4 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
50.4 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
50.4 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
50.4 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
50.4 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW
75.4 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
75.4 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD

Change of plans. I will Veg SideA for 2 months, and will place the best of the 36 clones into SideB and will veg in there as well, and have one large harvest. This will allow me to get things reset for the perpetual to start after harvest of these. Both SideA and SideB will be flipped on the same date. I will try to put those that finish earlier into SideA and those that finish longer into SideB that way I can flush each side individually for long and short and it will start to stagger that way, and I'll be back on track in 4-5 months.

Also when I flip in 2-2.5 months, I'm hoping to have a 400w HPS light in there, because potency and density from both of the first tests were lacking. These T5's are not quite enough to get the yield and quality I'm looking for. I knew going in that the T5's might not work, but now, with 2 grows and both cured and smoked on regularly, I am mildly disappointed in my harvests, and am now striving for the best that can be grown.

Also, for Seedling, Cloning, and Rooting Vigor, I have set the lights to run 24/7 for the first month to pack as much size onto these as possible before I switch back to GLR for the last 1-1.5 months of veg getting ready to flip. Hopefully this will help me recover from the power failure last month.

GFB: 7 - 09 weeks
PBK:
7 - 09 weeks
Jandre:
7 - 09 weeks
BD:
9 - 10 weeks
PW:
9 - 10 weeks
LamBrd :9 - 10 weeks

Okay, so I got All of them sorted, and found that I had more indica traits than sativa traits. This is something I shall work on in the future so as not to have a box so off balance. But, this is a recovery from a catastrophe, so I'm just playing the hand I was dealt. I'm not going to fold, so I'm making the best hand to play. May not win the pot with this one, but at least I'll have fun trying!! :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMG_20120602_110533.jpg

SIDE - B
9 - 10 Weeks
Blue Diesel
Purple Widow
Lamb's Bread
SIDE - A
7 - 09 Weeks
Plushberry
Jandre Kush
Green Fluffy Bunnies

I'm also resetting the Veg times since there was so much loss and we're basically nursing back from cuttings anyway... so.... yeah.

VEG START - 06/02/2012
02x 0.0 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
09x 0.0 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
02x 0.0 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW
13x 0.0 days tracking Plush Berry Kush Clone-C - PBK
10x 0.0 days tracking Jandre Kush - Jandre
17x 0.0 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB

looking good mate, you really got some going on, your going to end up with a forest mate with all them, i hope you got some help with the trimming when the time comes, with a 2.5 month veg them things are going to be pretty big when done.

you know your using the t5' i think thats what we call strip lights here, are these in the daylight range or do you have a mixture of both

Hopefully at the end of the Veg, I will have a 400w HPS in there and will be done with flowering under T5's. But, to answer your question, these are horticultural indoor grow lights from Hydrofarm, high output at 6500K spectrum.

Hydrofarm (T5 Kit Only) 2' Jump Start - 24w/HO/6500K
SKU: JST52
Maximizes your germination success and great for seedlings, cuttings, veggies, flowers, herbs, greens and more.
  • Faster growth with high output T5 full daylight spectrum bulb
  • Cool running design-position light closer for healthier, hardier plants
  • Included T5 bulb over 2 times more efficient than ordinary grow lights
  • 20% more light intensity than comparable fluorescent grow lights
When germinating seeds, the fixture can be kept just inches away from the seeds (or humidity dome). After sprouting, keep the fixture 3-6" away from the plant canopy.

My Journal Structure: Simplified.

1. I have my maternity Ward Plants that keep the information on the strain and all pertinent information on the individual plant. These are kept separate so I can rotate strains, but keep the information organized about all strains in the Flowerbox Tests. If a mother plant is removed from the test rotation, she is sent into flower and results of which are recorded into the central journal.

• Maternity Ward:

2. The Maternity Ward Feeds clones to my Experimental Flower Journals. All discussions about that individual grow with the various clones and/or a mother plant removed from rotation by flowering her out from the above is kept here.

• Cardboard Flower Box Tests

3. The Challenge: Cardboard Flower Box holds highlights from it all and is the central journal of it all. This is the culmination of each of the individual Maternity Ward

• Grow Matrix from all tests above and future.
  • Test results and conclusions of each test.
  • Evolution of the complete growing experience from the date I joined the sight.

4. Now, to keep all that in one, easy-to-access place, I have created a Blog with all the links to everywhere to which a person can subscribe, and receive any and all updates and new links, regardless of how many separate journals I have going. For that, look to my signature, and click "Jandre2k3's Links"

Father Jandre stands guard over the flock.....none shall fail his watchful eye!:)

You know, I do kinda feel like the protective father here. Especially now that I have seen improvement in Purple Cindy 2.0! It shows that with TLC, and patience, most can be brought back from the brink. I just wish I could have saved the first... But if I had, I wouldn't have gotten the Purple Mr. Nice ! so I guess it all worked out.

400 watt HPS full set up found!! $60!!!

Yes, it's gently used, but only has about 100 hours on the lamp, so I'll have to get a new one before the fall season, but I FOUND ONE!!!

Magnetic remote ballast, Air cooled hood rated for 1000w, and the bulb. I just have to get the 4" flanges...psh... no big deal there.

It will be in my possession by the end of the week! The one I found is on Cra**'*list and he lives kinda far away, but he said he'd drop it by whenever. So, when I get my check this week, I am to give him a call and he'll have it to me within hours.

My beloved told me to add that she had a good laugh at me doing my happy dance when I got off the phone.

My daughter said I was not dancing correctly, "That's not the right one!" Geeze 4y.o. opinions...

EDIT: The guy just called me back and said he had a better hood with 6" ports that he'd bring instead of the one with 4" ports, so now I don't even have to go get the 6"-4" flanges!!

woooo! thats what i like to see!

HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM

IS THE ISHH..!

By the way jandre!

you are the @#$%ING best at journal -ing!
I love how you have your data so organized!

I know you said this before in your journal.. but i dont even know how to make my link for my grow NOT a URL lol, that being said.. what is the software you use to track and input all that great stuff!

:high-five:
More than happy to see you got ur thing goin again!
looking forward to see these plants.. now if you are going to veg that long.. I hope you know you are going to have monsters!

woooo! thats what i like to see!

HIGH PRESSURE SODIUM

IS THE ISHH..!

By the way jandre!

you are the @#$%ING best at journal -ing!
I love how you have your data so organized!

I know you said this before in your journal.. but i dont even know how to make my link for my grow NOT a URL lol, that being said.. what is the software you use to track and input all that great stuff!

:high-five:
More than happy to see you got ur thing goin again!
looking forward to see these plants.. now if you are going to veg that long.. I hope you know you are going to have monsters!

I use a program called Herb.IQ
If you would like to use it as well, click the link above, and install the "New Install" and then the "Upgrade"
This is a BETA, Open Source program, so it does have a couple bugs, but it works VERY well.
Home.jpg
Maternity_Ward.jpg
Flowering13.jpg

Congrats on the light,nice find.:peace:

Hey, Budd! Thanks, I was REALLY happy to find it at this price.

Back
Top Bottom