Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

thanks for that post! really looking forward to use it.. last time u posted it a couple months back i was like OVERWHELMING ..but thats because i was so focused on learning the grow aspect i didnt have the patience to consider the EXTREME coverage on the data! now i am sitting here like when was it i took the cuttting.. when did i transplant? how many days are we in flower? hahahaha DAMN!

thanks again!

Okay, so I got a few snaps in today. Waiting to go get my light, I think I'm gonna go take a nap after this.

Do not be concerned with the yellowing you see in the two group shots, I had a small mold problem toward the end of rooting the clones, and I left the humidome on as long as I could to give all the clones enough time to a least create enough roots to sustain without the dome, and on the final day I noticed grey fuzz on the leaves. I hit them with a light misting of a fungicide and that is what caused the damage. It's been handled, this is the result of an earlier problem's fix, and I'm just giving them time to grow new leaves before I remove the yellowed ones. It's under control.

Also, the seedlings are doing VERY well, so I know it's not anything wrong with the box, or nutes, or anything that has gone awry. Just need time, now, and patience.

Photo Update:

IMG_20120605_114930.jpg

IMG_20120605_115028.jpg

IMG_20120605_115037.jpg

IMG_20120605_115119.jpg

IMG_20120605_115145.jpg

SUCCESS!!

The HPS light is here and installed. I waste no time! Yes, I will veg under this with T5 augmentation. Also for pictures, my camera's flicker removal doesn't have the 30Htz filter, so it looks like I'm taking pics through a screen, so the T5's will remain. I'll turn off the HPS for picture time, and take them under the T5s. This also works for the "true color" pictures.

IMG_20120605_152248.jpg

IMG_20120605_152253.jpg

IMG_20120605_163907.jpg

they do push the temps right up, and humidity down, not sure what you can do about that mate, my humidity seems ok with mine on but my temps go through the roof into the high 90's so i have to keep the door open if its hot outside, thats the downside i have got with mine, im sure you can get it dialed in mate, is the fan pulling enough air through the hood,

they do push the temps right up, and humidity down, not sure what you can do about that mate, my humidity seems ok with mine on but my temps go through the roof into the high 90's so i have to keep the door open if its hot outside, thats the downside i have got with mine, im sure you can get it dialed in mate, is the fan pulling enough air through the hood,

190cfm

the lower the temp the higher the humidity, thats why it causes mold when your drying your buds, if you dry them somewhere cool mold will take over pretty soon, the heat makes the liquid evap a lot quicker so it dont stay around as long so it lowers humidity, it will raise it if you have lots of standing water, you could fill a plastic tub with water and that should raise humidity, have a fan blowing across the top of the water will raise it also, wet towels, etc etc, but its not a long term fix as it would need refilling and towels re soaking all the time to keep the humidity up, outside when its how its humid as it draws the water out the ground in huge amounts, but in doors it cant do this so it just drys the air out, its why my nan always used to have a bowl of water just by her gas fire, stopped the air from drying out and killing all the house plants, so id either add some standing water or some wet towels making sure they are on something that isnt going to soak the liquid up else it will evap to quick, either that or you may need humidifier

You sound like me took a whole 20 seconds to start assembly from when it got off the UPS truck. I thought it would raise the RH but mine dropped too. Mine was way high anyway. I'm sure they'll love the stronger light. :peace:

hehehe, I got home after picking it up, and kissed the kid and my beloved and asked them to clear out of the kitchen for a bit, I needed to work. Set the stuff down in my hand and pulled out my drill and hole saw, lol! I took zero time to cool down form being outside. just went straight to work, removing 4 of the 6 T5s and hanging the new light after a dry test to make sure it fired up. That's where the first pic with the glowing element came from. The test fire went well, so I unplugged, rewired the box, move the timer to the receptacle, ran my lines, cleared the circuit and fired her up. 17 min from walking in the door to full bright and closing the doors to the box... heheheh.

Temps stable at 84, (just under my high tolerance threshold) RH is at 25% and hood is only slightly warm to the touch. The only thing on the hood I can't touch for long, is the spot on the glass that is directly under the lamp. Cleaned intake air filter for better airflow into the box.

Has been 1.5 hours, more than enough time for the temps to stabilize, and I think that we're good for this light in this box. Was a tense moment when I looked into the box 1/4 hour after closing the doors and the temp had risen to 88, but CANNED AIR to the intake filter lowered it back down to a reasonable level.

It looks like all is in readiness for the start of flowering, now I'm just waiting for the plants to show that they are ready to go, and I'll flip the switch.

Still on 24/7 for the time being, have four more weeks of it, or maybe two, then, depending on health and growth, I may go straight to flower and skip GLR altogether. Or maybe go to a week or two of GLR, then straight to 12/12, or 11/13.

I'll have to watch the plants under this light to be sure... been a looooooooong time since I've had an HID light over plants...

Jandre2k3,,,, I don't know which grow you got going. Or are all these grows gooing full blast? If all these are, you got things alittle to busy for me to keep up on. Give me a clue which is you most updated grow ya got going on. I'll do alittle speed reading on some till somethings catches my eye. I've just read up this link and the Lambsbread. I've wanted to grow out one of those but haven't. Great heard that LambsBread. I was graced with smoking some back in 1976, and it floored me. Maybe just being young and got ahold of something good, but it left a hella impression on me. Looks like you just came up on a lite,,,, cool. I use magnetic ballests myself. Dude something ever burn up, it's a cheap fix. Besides, it's easier on them bulbs. Besides bulbs are cheap. What 15-20 dollars per. Best to just write a date on the box of a new, place the old bulb in, and around every year, get a new one. You can get acouple years otta bulb, but, they do lose their kick.
I see you got a clone in flower. Did it root easily? I'm never cloned a flowering plant myself. I see Miwa cloned a flowerer also. I got one plant I need to clone but she's way in flower. Going to be intresting to see how the plant acts. That is alot of changes that little plant is thru. Man you sure got alot going on over there. Hey I got a ? Your doing this charting. Days in flower down to a 1/10th. Hey pretty cool I guess. Alittle to much work in something like that for me, be a idiot on the pc, but it sure looks neat clean way to journal your grows. Looking good. Great deal the light setup. You keep your eyes open and there are deals around. About those intake or exhausts. I was using a HO 6" in a 12X14' and it did great keeping a workable temp. I was running lites at nite, drawing cool air from under the house and exhausting to the attic. I had put a stove pipe ontop the fan with some pantyhose to keep insulation from getting in the fan durning the install. After about a year temps started to climb, I changed air flow at the intake and figgured I changed it enough to warrant getting a larger fan. Come to find out the pantyhose was still on it, I bearly slipped it over the end, and it was cloged solid. Took it off temps dropped. Well installed the new fan anyways even had to put a speedster switch on it, and it running at about 33% power.
Great looking box ya got going. Keepem Green

Jandre2k3,,,, I don't know which grow you got going. Or are all these grows gooing full blast? If all these are, you got things alittle to busy for me to keep up on. Give me a clue which is you most updated grow ya got going on. I'll do alittle speed reading on some till somethings catches my eye. I've just read up this link and the Lambsbread. I've wanted to grow out one of those but haven't. Great heard that LambsBread. I was graced with smoking some back in 1976, and it floored me. Maybe just being young and got ahold of something good, but it left a hella impression on me. Looks like you just came up on a lite,,,, cool. I use magnetic ballests myself. Dude something ever burn up, it's a cheap fix. Besides, it's easier on them bulbs. Besides bulbs are cheap. What 15-20 dollars per. Best to just write a date on the box of a new, place the old bulb in, and around every year, get a new one. You can get acouple years otta bulb, but, they do lose their kick.
I see you got a clone in flower. Did it root easily? I'm never cloned a flowering plant myself. I see Miwa cloned a flowerer also. I got one plant I need to clone but she's way in flower. Going to be intresting to see how the plant acts. That is alot of changes that little plant is thru. Man you sure got alot going on over there. Hey I got a ? Your doing this charting. Days in flower down to a 1/10th. Hey pretty cool I guess. Alittle to much work in something like that for me, be a idiot on the pc, but it sure looks neat clean way to journal your grows. Looking good. Great deal the light setup. You keep your eyes open and there are deals around. About those intake or exhausts. I was using a HO 6" in a 12X14' and it did great keeping a workable temp. I was running lites at nite, drawing cool air from under the house and exhausting to the attic. I had put a stove pipe ontop the fan with some pantyhose to keep insulation from getting in the fan durning the install. After about a year temps started to climb, I changed air flow at the intake and figgured I changed it enough to warrant getting a larger fan. Come to find out the pantyhose was still on it, I bearly slipped it over the end, and it was cloged solid. Took it off temps dropped. Well installed the new fan anyways even had to put a speedster switch on it, and it running at about 33% power.
Great looking box ya got going. Keepem Green

Third Test Run is the current flower, thus the busiest, however
The DIY Build is where everything is highlighted, so it is really the constant journal throughout all tests, and is central to everything.
The Maternity Ward is only for strain information of any/all mothers I get, so those are the slowest.

I am a cloner, but from my vegging mothers. Everything in the Cardboard Flower Box currently, and in the past 2 tests were clones. I DO NOT Clone from flowering, as I believe it takes too long to reveg, for one, and second, I believe that kind of stress on an ANNUAL results in a weaker plant.

As far as the days being to the 10th, that is all automatically tracked by my grow program. Herb.IQ if you're interested. I can keep track of every individual plant in my grow areas, mother, clone, veg, and flower, and know exactly how long each took start to finish. After the harvest, it helps me keep track of how long what took to dry, how long it's been curing, and the wet and dry weights of each individual plant I have, as well as an extensive rating area for my personal reference to see how my grows improve... It's very detailed, and pretty complex, but that's the way I like it if you couldn't tell, lol. I relish in the details. It keeps my brain busy and gives me something else to do other than sit around and play World of Warcraft or DiabloIII all day. I mean I do play them a lot, but it's not all day! :rofl:

Thanks for the props, man. I really appreciate it.

The fungus and treatment claimed some tender babies. Also, I didn't get 2 of the Green Fluffy Bunnies deep enough under the hydrotone, and they dehydrated. AND I dropped my thermometer onto a Lamb's Bread . . . Damn it.

Total removed:
1x Lambs Bread
2x Plushberry
3x Green Fluffy Bunnies

Clones still alive:
5.3 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
5.3 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
5.3 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
5.3 days tracking Jandre Kush - Jandre
5.3 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
5.3 days tracking Plush Berry Kush Clone - PBK
5.3 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW
5.3 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW

Picture Day!

VEGGING Week 2

Okay, so after the losses today, I had to turn off the light and get a good look at what was going on... it seems that my fungus treatment I mixed too strong for the young cuttings, and it just knocked them out as well. Well, that and not getting 2 of the GFB clones deep enough in the hydrotone to get nutes, and I dropped my thermometer onto a Lamb's Bread, so I lost a total of 6 today. Looks like 2 more are on the way out, but there are some very strong clones and ALL of the seedlings are doing very well. a lot of these look ragged, but they're recovering, and most have tight new growth. This light is working wonders with the T5 augmentation. I just wish I could see the true colors better than under this orange light. But, I guess I'll get used to it after a while.

IMG_20120607_082930.jpg
IMG_20120607_082944.jpg
IMG_20120607_083206.jpg
IMG_20120607_082245.jpg
IMG_20120607_082457.jpg
IMG_20120607_082506.jpg

Jandre.....I could feel your excitement from here buddy!

I'm really happy for you my friend! What a steal !. The babies are looking nice and healthy green. Now your in business, side lighting and all. Happy Father's day! I'm loving your happiness. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom