Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

Really enjoyed those pictures of your vacation. You really had a great time! It almost looks like you have a bee hive on your head!:rofl:
:woohoo:
On the GLR test. What side is the GLR side? I am probably confused. Just trying to see if there is a growth difference.:scratchinghead:

Really enjoyed those pictures of your vacation. You really had a great time! It almost looks like you have a bee hive on your head!:rofl:
:woohoo:
On the GLR test. What side is the GLR side? I am probably confused. Just trying to see if there is a growth difference.:scratchinghead:

hehe, go back and look at the growth achieved for two weeks with 24/0,
IMG_20120607_082930.jpg

and then the growth achieved for two weeks with GLR...
IMG_20120620_015746.jpg

That's the comparison.

Now that is clear as a Dinner Bell ringing on a Sunlit Lake!! The plants grew very well with the GLR. So you started the same plants on 24/7 for 2 weeks and did the GLR for the next two weeks.

:high-five:

One thing I was wondering and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I have always noticed a growth spurt in all my veg plants after 2 weeks. with the 18/6 or the 24/7 routine. I would think the plants on the 24/7 schedule would have grown well during the same time. But for me this is a great comparison on how well the plants grew with the GLR routine. I am still in question if you would get bigger plants in veg with that light schedule.
:circle-of-love::bravo:

hey jandre, hows it mate, could i ask some advice mate, i got this 2ltr hempie, now its ak47 cross uk cherry cheese and as its not sold by any seed banks i cant find out much about the strain, ie is it mainly indica or sative, now as its a hempie its hard to tell, the leaves are fat but not massive indicating it has got some indica and probably leans towards an indica strain, my problem is this, the trichs are 100% cloudy, i have found no orange ones or wilted ones yet, been 100% cloudy for last 2 days, now the pistils are only 50 to 60% orange, some of the buds have no orange hairs, others have 60% orange hairs, im thinking the plants ready but i have not flushed it, so now im thinking as its ready its time to flush for a few days, would you say this plant is ready or would you wait till the pistils have turned more orange, im not wanting to risk pm like i did with the kush, but this hempie looks ok, so am i going on how the trichs look and not the pistils or a mixture of the both, 100% cloudy trichs all over the plant, i could not find more than a couple of clear ones lower down the plant, but the main bud on the stem is 100% cloudy with no orange trichs, but im only getting 50% orange pistils, so not sure what to make of it, i have been giving nutes up till today but thinking i should flush and just give water for 3 days then not water for 1 day then harvest, so about 4 days im thinking, or should i let it go longer

hey jandre, hows it mate, could i ask some advice mate, i got this 2ltr hempie, now its ak47 cross uk cherry cheese and as its not sold by any seed banks i cant find out much about the strain, ie is it mainly indica or sative, now as its a hempie its hard to tell, the leaves are fat but not massive indicating it has got some indica and probably leans towards an indica strain, my problem is this, the trichs are 100% cloudy, i have found no orange ones or wilted ones yet, been 100% cloudy for last 2 days, now the pistils are only 50 to 60% orange, some of the buds have no orange hairs, others have 60% orange hairs, im thinking the plants ready but i have not flushed it, so now im thinking as its ready its time to flush for a few days, would you say this plant is ready or would you wait till the pistils have turned more orange, im not wanting to risk pm like i did with the kush, but this hempie looks ok, so am i going on how the trichs look and not the pistils or a mixture of the both, 100% cloudy trichs all over the plant, i could not find more than a couple of clear ones lower down the plant, but the main bud on the stem is 100% cloudy with no orange trichs, but im only getting 50% orange pistils, so not sure what to make of it, i have been giving nutes up till today but thinking i should flush and just give water for 3 days then not water for 1 day then harvest, so about 4 days im thinking, or should i let it go longer

Flush NOW! and use Clearex, as you should have started flushing a week ago.

If you'd like to make it yourself, there is a recipe I could point you to. Link--->GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

If you like couchlock, give it a week more. If not, give a few more days for 75% orange hairs, and maybe 1% amber triches. 100% cloudy is great, but you need to at least flush for a few days. Do it now, don't wait. And use either of the two options above to leach salts from substrate to get a better short flush.

Now that is clear as a Dinner Bell ringing on a Sunlit Lake!! The plants grew very well with the GLR. So you started the same plants on 24/7 for 2 weeks and did the GLR for the next two weeks.

One thing I was wondering and I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I have always noticed a growth spurt in all my veg plants after 2 weeks. with the 18/6 or the 24/7 routine. I would think the plants on the 24/7 schedule would have grown well during the same time. But for me this is a great comparison on how well the plants grew with the GLR routine. I am still in question if you would get bigger plants in veg with that light schedule.
:circle-of-love::bravo:

hehe, actually the 24/0 was to give better root growth, but gives no "Sleep" time for the plants. I understand the delima presented with this comparison, as it's not a side-by-side, but it's the best I've got. All I can say is that I've used 24/0, 20/4, 18/6 and 12-1 and with 12-1 I get a better aroma, vigor, and health that any of the others. This is a personal observation, but unfortunately cannot provide any side-by-side evidence; only before and after. I'd like to have the space to do a side-by-side, but as I live in an apartment with only 1800 square feet, and a 4y.o. daughter, much of that space is "hers" if you can understand that.

I CAN however tell you that I ran 20/4 for 4 weeks, and 18/6 for 4 weeks and then changed to GLR thereafter in my Maternity Ward, (Well Established Mothers) and the difference was, well, night and day. The vigor, structure, health, and aroma were amazing with the GLR, and without the 1-2 week lag in flower time causes me to believe that GLR is superior in every way. Then you add that to Twelve12's well-documented results with the same, and I tend to believe that I am not the only one that sees such results. There are others out there that are nay-sayers of 21-1, but I ask you this...

What have you got to lose if you try 21-1 and see no difference? At least your power consumption is down, no?
Now, if you try it and see a marked improvement, what have you to gain?

That said, I still root, and germ under 24/0 for better roots mass, and short seedlings, but I switch to GLR when roots show on the cuttings, or the first pair shows on the 'lings, to get the benefits that only GLR can provide me...

thanks mate, ill get on the case and get it flushed, thanks for the link, i noticed it was 100% cloudy but the pistils was not as much orange as the other plants i harvested so wondered if it was going to go longer, ill start flushing then mate, their is only about 3 inches of compost in the top of the hempie the rest has the roots in the res, so ill start the flush, i dont want to risk pm issues, ill get on the case in the morning, im having a read through gg7's link you gave me, thanks mate, its the answer i was hoping for

thanks for the link, ill get the ingredients tomorrow and have a go at making my own, thanks mate, does flushing really make all that difference then, say compared to a plant that was not flushed and just harvested, my last to i just flushed with tap water over about 7 days, so does this make a difference in the buds like how they taste when smoked

I understand you cannot do a true side by side comparison. That would be a lot of work. I like the results you have with the GLR. It is also interesting how the plants go to flower faster in 12/12. I am going to have to give it a try on my next round of vegging girls. My veg plants seem to be right on schedule and I don't want to mess that up. Next seedlings I start I am going to give it a try and see what happens! Really going to do this! Thanks to you and Sysco!!
:circle-of-love:

I understand you cannot do a true side by side comparison. That would be a lot of work. I like the results you have with the GLR. It is also interesting how the plants go to flower faster in 12/12. I am going to have to give it a try on my next round of vegging girls. My veg plants seem to be right on schedule and I don't want to mess that up. Next seedlings I start I am going to give it a try and see what happens! Really going to do this! Thanks to you and Sysco!!
:circle-of-love:

You're quite welcome, my friend. I only aim to help here, when I give my advice, I would never suggest something that I have not tried myself and did not truly believe would give better results.

Second timer crapped out on me... I caught it this morning when Side-B looked a little wilted. I hit the "Run" button, and noting happened. I hit the reset button, hit "Run" still nothing. Removed both of the pump plugs, and put them straight into the outlet, *hummmm* DAMMIT! Now I have to replace ANOTHER timer. Thank gawd these are on warranty.

To hell with these digital timers! I'm going back to analog. They cost 2 bucks more for some reason, and I'm flat ass broke. I told them it was for my flower box, and was broke, and the guy just looked at me, called me by first name, and said, "Fuck, you're in here all the time! You think I wouldn't help you out?! Pay for it next time you're in. I know you're good for it. I'll just open an account for you, no biggie, brother!"

Now ain't that some shit?! I was waiting for the bad news, after all the good I was having, found it, reacted quickly. I was expecting to have to take the replacement digital back home. Instead, they understood my dilemma, and allowed my to walk out with what I needed on good faith that I'd pay the difference when I see them next.

Damn, man... Y'know, my faith in humanity is starting to come back a little after all the good people I met here, and now my hydro shop opens a credit account for me when I was up shit creek. just damn... y'know?

Good news is, it's still a dual receptacle timer 110-125v at 1250w for 15a. 15min interval with 1minute clicks. Damn good analog timer.

That sounds like a really nice analog timer! I don't like the digital either only because I cannot and do not have the patience to figure them out!!
Great news about the hydro store giving you a big break. There are a lot of really good people in this world!! :circle-of-love:

Ok Jandre........I've looked for GRL and haven't found it. Could you do a short explanation. You guys are getting me interested. Not sure if I could pull it off in my veg room. I know, late to the party.:high-five:

Ok Jandre........I've looked for GRL and haven't found it. Could you do a short explanation. You guys are getting me interested. Not sure if I could pull it off in my veg room. I know, late to the party.:high-five:

Hey there Buddy! I thought I was late at the party. No wonder I couldn't find you!! Come on in the waters fine!!!:welcome:

No problem, OMM! :thumb:

GLR= Gas Lantern Routine. It is for vegging. Twelve12 did an experiment and blogged it months ago.

Here's the link: The Gas Lantern Routine for Growing Cannabis

There is one difference between my experience with GLR and 12's: Mine show sex easily under GLR, and some even start to flower lightly while growing. This makes the lag time between flipping to flower light schedule and seeing flowering growth very-very short. The max time I've seen for the transition is 4 days total for a switch in growth cycles in the plant. This is considerably shorter than all other lighting schedule difference in which I've seen that it can take up to 3 weeks for the full transition of the plant.

EDIT: Also along with this reduction in the transition period, there seems to be a reduction in the stretch distance by up to 100% depending on the strain. This can be especially advantageous to the novice grower, or the grower that is worried about space constraints.

Well, I read 12's veg routine and am confused.

12 hours of light....5.5 hours of darkness...1 hour of light.....then?

hehe, let's say your 24 hour light schedule starts at 7 am-

Then it would go like this.

7am - 6:59pm lights on
7pm - 12:29am lights off
12:30am - 1:29am Lights on
1:30am to 6:59 am Lights off

12.00 hours on
05.50 hours off
01.00 hours on
05.50 hours off

12+5.5+1+5.5=24hours

another good thing about glr is that you dont need to use the hid lights for the extra hours light, you can use a couple of cfl's so this would mean you wouldnt need to turn the mh or hps on for the hour of light, you could supliment it with cfls, doing this would mean you are not using you mh or hps for the 1 hour of lights on time, so it would mean the bulb lasts longer,

another good thing about glr is that you dont need to use the hid lights for the extra hours light, you can use a couple of cfl's so this would mean you wouldnt need to turn the mh or hps on for the hour of light, you could supliment it with cfls, doing this would mean you are not using you mh or hps for the 1 hour of lights on time, so it would mean the bulb lasts longer,

This is one thing I had a question about. Is it important to have a weaker light source for the one hour on? Can you have the same light source for all the times the lights are on and get the same results?

Back
Top Bottom