Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

re: Cardboard Flowerbox Test 3 - 41 Week Perpetual SOG

I just need the flexibility to work with the plants when I feel up to it, which can be different day to day, plus I have a situation where my veg space must be entered to get to the flowering tent. I personally have a hard time coordinating everything especially when I factor in how I'm feeling. The handiness factor is priceless to me.

I'm not debating it works (GLR) but I don't see that 24/0 and lack of rest is making any probs for my plants whatsoever, either. I dont want people to think 24/0 doesn't work great, too, because it does and the convenience of anytime access to me is well worth it. The lack of rest thing gets overblown, IMO, in relation to actual results I've seen, but I also like the flowering hormone build up theory and I think there is something to that. If things were different with my space, or me, I'd do 12-1/GLR for the savings in $$$ and the hormone buildup.

That said, there's no reason it has to be absolute darkness... My Maternity Ward, K-8, and Neonatal Care all sit in my LIVING ROOM! The T5's go off and on whenever the timers say, but they really never get 100% darkness. Very dim, yes, with the glow from my 35" LED Monitor. Just keep in mind that no plant in nature ever gets pitch black, 100% of the time.

So as I need I have no compunction turning on the CFL lamp, the TV, or working on my computer with the plants in mind, I do what I do and they get 6 HO T5's shining on them for 13 hours a day, and otherwise, they get unusable dim light, or CFL's in a lamp across the room. I mean this isn't Flowering, we're just Vegging here.

Below is my Veg Area. Nutrient Guide on the wall, and recommendation in plain site on the wall, as required by law, and the couch is to the right. End table in front of it you can just see the back left corner of it in this pic.
IMG_20120623_110258.jpg
Maternity Ward on top
K-8 Veg Area next down
Neonatal Care on bottom with the first six clones of Purple Mr Nice taken today.

Hey Jandre! That really makes a lot of sense with not worrying about getting too much light to the veg plants. It just doesn't matter. I am setting my timer to GLR on my veg girls today. If they are not large enough to flower by the time I harvest the rest of my plants. I am going to move them into the flower room and do the GLR under the 1000w hps till they are all large enough to switch! I like the fact that I can veg to the correct height and control the stretch!

I always invade my flowering plants in the dark time. I usually just flip on the regular 60w bulb in the closet and work on them or take pictures. The best pictures I have are when the HPS lights are not on. I bought a green headlamp and rarely use it. I have never interupted flower before by doing this. I figure in nature with the lightning storms and full moons the plants don't know the difference.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to see how it works!!

:Namaste:

Hey Jandre! That really makes a lot of sense with not worrying about getting too much light to the veg plants. It just doesn't matter. I am setting my timer to GLR on my veg girls today. If they are not large enough to flower by the time I harvest the rest of my plants. I am going to move them into the flower room and do the GLR under the 1000w hps till they are all large enough to switch! I like the fact that I can veg to the correct height and control the stretch!

I always invade my flowering plants in the dark time. I usually just flip on the regular 60w bulb in the closet and work on them or take pictures. The best pictures I have are when the HPS lights are not on. I bought a green headlamp and rarely use it. I have never interupted flower before by doing this. I figure in nature with the lightning storms and full moons the plants don't know the difference.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to see how it works!!

:Namaste:

+rep for pointing this out. Many growers believe that it must be pitch black 100% of the time or risk hermie, or lose potency. This just is not true. Full moons once a month for a week, cars driving by, lightning storms, and all sorts of light infiltration happens outside. And I know some that do RELLY well with their backyard grows, and they have a frikkin STREET LIGHT on a pole in their back yard where they grow for the collectives around here. Never have I seen a grow go wrong with them.

I agree about the GLR, I go in there to mist my clones whenever I have time whether the lights are on or not, otherwise I won't get 2-3 times a day.

I like your maternity ward setup! Mine is only two levels with the moms and clones on top with the K-8 on the bottom... I do have more shelves, but I have one higher powered t8 bank that needs more space...
+reps for the setup and info

I agree about the GLR, I go in there to mist my clones whenever I have time whether the lights are on or not, otherwise I won't get 2-3 times a day.

I like your maternity ward setup! Mine is only two levels with the moms and clones on top with the K-8 on the bottom... I do have more shelves, but I have one higher powered t8 bank that needs more space...
+reps for the setup and info

Hey, Thanks! I put the Neonatal Care on the bottom, because the lights are on 24/0 for the rooting process, and is is easy accss from the couch to keep an eye on humidity, and mist if I need to. LOL! Stoners are lazy, so I play with it!

Removed one poorly performing GFB from the "Bonus Round" that I had pulled back out and put into K-8 Veg to keep for next round. Poor thing had been limping along for a while, and I just got fed up with it tonight and remorselessly culled it.

Removed one poorly performing GFB from the "Bonus Round" that I had pulled back out and put into K-8 Veg to keep for next round. Poor thing had been limping along for a while, and I just got fed up with it tonight and remorselessly culled it.

I think that is smart to cut your losses like that. I have kept plants and grown them through maturity that I knew were a waste of time but did so anyways. Hind site I would have cut them down and replaced with younger better plants.

Thanks for the plus reps!! I made stupid comments on this site while on heavy medication and got booted. Thank God they let me back in. However, for some reason. Now that I am back. I do not have the abilty to rep people. I am damn glad to be here though. I have learned a lot from people like you. I put my timer in my veg room and am doing the GLR right now. Look forward to let everyone know the results! Thanks Buddy!!
:goodjob::circle-of-love:

I was using Glr until recently as well but I don't have enough growing under my belt to know the difference. Now that moms and the clones are in same room I'm doing 18-6 an everybody seems happy. Before anybody says you gotta have 24-0 for clones I have 100% success so far with the machine. Seems veg is different for everybody just depends on the circumstances. ie: Xlr8 goes through the veg to get to flower room,me too,some have heat issues and others its power savings. Forgot where I was going with this maybe Time for bed or something.:peace:

I was using Glr until recently as well but I don't have enough growing under my belt to know the difference. Now that moms and the clones are in same room I'm doing 18-6 an everybody seems happy. Before anybody says you gotta have 24-0 for clones I have 100% success so far with the machine. Seems veg is different for everybody just depends on the circumstances. ie: Xlr8 goes through the veg to get to flower room,me too,some have heat issues and others its power savings. Forgot where I was going with this maybe Time for bed or something.:peace:
Well, I do 24/0 only until roots show out the bottom for clones, after that, they go straight to GLR. if 18/6 works for ya, then I say go with that! Far be it from me to try to force someone to my way of thinking. However if you open it to debate, I will gladly oblige!:cheesygrinsmiley:

Youre right mate;) Ive started seeds under 24/0 with my cfl's before for a week or so.. But i just think like using ur 1000w light 24/0 during seed growth isnt entirely neccessary, but you can if thats what you like, but i just try minimise the work my eqipment duz.. Have a good one;) Happy Harvesting

Youre right mate;) Ive started seeds under 24/0 with my cfl's before for a week or so.. But i just think like using ur 1000w light 24/0 during seed growth isnt entirely neccessary, but you can if thats what you like, but i just try minimise the work my eqipment duz.. Have a good one;) Happy Harvesting

LOL! Don't get me wrong here, I veg under T5 HO, not a HID. I only flower under a 400w HPS.

im giving glr a try with my round 2 of veg, i got clones in their and seedlings, i even got my autos in their as well one is ready to harvest but leaving it as long as i can, the other is just flowering so ill see how glr affects them,

im giving glr a try with my round 2 of veg, i got clones in their and seedlings, i even got my autos in their as well one is ready to harvest but leaving it as long as i can, the other is just flowering so ill see how glr affects them,

I'd not give the Flowering plant GLR.....

Update:

22.9 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
22.9 days tracking Blue Diesel- Clone - BD
22.9 days tracking Green Fluffy Bunnies Clone - GFB
22.9 days tracking Jandre Kush - Jandre
22.9 days tracking Lamb's Bread Clone - LamBrd
22.9 days tracking Plush Berry Kush Clone - PBK
22.9 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW
22.9 days tracking Purple Widow Clone - PW

I have decided to flip at 30 days.
This light Vegges much faster than my T5 HO veg bin, but at the cost of greater node spacing.
As I am down to 10" of headroom, I feel flipping at 30 days under this light is best.

7 days to go. Flipping on Sunday.

Pics!

IMG_20120624_222927.jpg
IMG_20120624_223101.jpg
IMG_20120624_223053.jpg
IMG_20120624_223128.jpg
IMG_20120624_223211.jpg
IMG_20120624_223218.jpg
IMG_20120624_223404.jpg
IMG_20120624_223445.jpg

thats all i got left in flower mate, i harvested my g13 poisen dwarf today so now under glr i got my clones and my seedling, and i also got the other auto thats just flowering now, ill leave it under glr as it saves me having 2 rooms and only having the auto on its own, so its under glr with my clones, im getting loads of growth from the clones under glr but the seedling seems like its growing a bit slower.

i took my clones well into flower and all have turned out monster cropping, i got branches growing all over the place, i even got branches growing off the new branches even before the branch is more than an inch long, i think monster cropping would be ideal to make a very bushy mother, all ready this early on i could take about 8 clones off the kush, its really crazy this monster cropping, the clones are growing like crazy, going to be some very bushy plants, i just hope this means more yield, if not ill take my clones in veg and not flower, but if i was going to mother a plant then this monster cropping is the way to go, it would give loads of clones and i really do mean that, my kush clone is bigger than my plants that i vegd for 7 weeks, its getting taller and taller like crazy, its got that many branches its hard to tell where one starts and the other ends, you have to peel the plant apart to find out where each branch goes to, i can see this been a problem with pm issues, but as long as their is moving air it should keep mold out the way, but ill find out when i flip them to flower how well this monster cropping works,

so all i got flowering under glr is the last auto, the rest are the clones and the fruity chronic juice fem seedling, ill be doing some more hempie but ill give it a week before popping the seeds cuz they wont need much veg time, so im just starting round 2 and all ready it looks like its going to be a good second round,

sure you got enough room to flower all them off, seems like you got plenty going on, cant wait to see how your plants go in flower

thats all i got left in flower mate, i harvested my g13 poisen dwarf today so now under glr i got my clones and my seedling, and i also got the other auto thats just flowering now, ill leave it under glr as it saves me having 2 rooms and only having the auto on its own, so its under glr with my clones, im getting loads of growth from the clones under glr but the seedling seems like its growing a bit slower.

i took my clones well into flower and all have turned out monster cropping, i got branches growing all over the place, i even got branches growing off the new branches even before the branch is more than an inch long, i think monster cropping would be ideal to make a very bushy mother, all ready this early on i could take about 8 clones off the kush, its really crazy this monster cropping, the clones are growing like crazy, going to be some very bushy plants, i just hope this means more yield, if not ill take my clones in veg and not flower, but if i was going to mother a plant then this monster cropping is the way to go, it would give loads of clones and i really do mean that, my kush clone is bigger than my plants that i vegd for 7 weeks, its getting taller and taller like crazy, its got that many branches its hard to tell where one starts and the other ends, you have to peel the plant apart to find out where each branch goes to, i can see this been a problem with pm issues, but as long as their is moving air it should keep mold out the way, but ill find out when i flip them to flower how well this monster cropping works,

so all i got flowering under glr is the last auto, the rest are the clones and the fruity chronic juice fem seedling, ill be doing some more hempie but ill give it a week before popping the seeds cuz they wont need much veg time, so im just starting round 2 and all ready it looks like its going to be a good second round,

sure you got enough room to flower all them off, seems like you got plenty going on, cant wait to see how your plants go in flower

It's called a Sea of Green, or SOG for short. It will be a very tight grow, and defoliation will be employed to keep things open... Big fans shading other plants will be removed as needed. A light defoliation will happen at Day 22-ish, and a full defoliation of ALL fan leaves will be done on Day 45-ish.

Several (31) plants span the entire grow space. This is done to maximize every square inch of available light and space to pack in the buds and try to reach my 4oz/Month goal. I think a QP every thirty days will do nicely to keep me and mine in meds, and also to take some to the co-op to try to supplement some of my missing income since I have been laid off.

Okay... Happy problem... I'm out of headroom.

I just checked in on my ladies and last night after flush and reset on Sunday, they all had gained FOUR FUCKING INCHES!!

I need to figure out a different hanger system than these stupid Yo-Yo's. They take up a good 6"-7" of space above the lights. I've seen good things on the ratcheting rope hangers, and now I'm wondering how much hanger space I can reclaim by switching to these.

Anyone know?

Fuck... I'm literally at the end of my rope here.

Hey Jandre, I got them in my tent. They came with the light kit. I tied the rope to roof support to get rid of top carabiner and they measure 3.5" but I could cut that in half if I tied the ratchet to light and ditched the bottom carabiner too. I only got a 1000W gull wing fixture so I'm not sure of their weight load, but four will hold twice as much as two will. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom