Carestaker's - Hybrid LED / HPS Powered 4x4 - Various Strains

HARVEST:
BD-Big -- Photo 4/18 Flower 4/26 63 days Flush 6/22 Pull 7/2

I've pulled BD-Big last night, so a day earlier than scheduled. Trics are about 3% Amber, which may be too much for this strain, but she was still in budswell, and had 15% white/new pistils. Buds are wet, dense and heavy. I'm smoking some samples of her from 5-6 days ago, and that was really the best time to pull. Clear, wide open high, not buzzy at all. It creeps and builds too. Great summer weed. I'll take BD-Small as soon as the swell starts to slow, and will see if I can get that same effect again. Instead of the number of days - 'll remember the slowing swell as her time to pull. I don't think I have a big yielding pheno, but I'm sure there's more to be found in a pack of 5-10 beans, than what I'm going to see in one iteration. Even still, she's a pretty great plant. HSO continues to impress.

She was falling over a bit, I was too lazy to really tie her up, figuring I'd be pulling any day. Her buds aren't huge, but they are packed tightly with calyx clusters, and are very heavy for a Sat dom.

bd219.jpg

Some bud shots at chop

BD65.jpg
bd124.jpg

Her bottom popcorn nugs are smoke worthy.

bdpopcorn.jpg

I wet trimmed one bud for you guys so I could post pictures. Her sugar leafs don't get that frosty, but every calyx is densly populated with trichs of uniform size and maturity. They look albino in person. Should be some sweet smokeables. :circle-of-love:

bd316.jpg
bd413.jpg
bd510.jpg

Peace & Love!

Candyland up next. She didn't have enough of a temp differential for day/night, so she really didn't purp up like the last one. She was +/- about 5-8 degrees after the AC went on 24/7.

Congratulations man! I know envy is a sin, but those BD's... Oh my. Lovely colour. :bravo:
And another congrats on that NotM! Did you get all the prizes mentioned? I wonder what you got.

You're just like me, you like a clear head high just so you can do your daily stuff.

Can you please enlighten me on that "wet trimming"?

By the way, I got Big Bud, I was just wondering when do you add Overdrive to it? Only at 4-5 weeks, when you descontinue Big Bud?

#2 Does Big Bud boost the E.C. a lot? Figuring out if I should start with 50% dosage.

:Namaste:

Congratulations man! I know envy is a sin, but those BD's... Oh my. Lovely colour. :bravo:
And another congrats on that NotM! Did you get all the prizes mentioned? I wonder what you got.

You're just like me, you like a clear head high just so you can do your daily stuff.

Can you please enlighten me on that "wet trimming"?

By the way, I got Big Bud, I was just wondering when do you add Overdrive to it? Only at 4-5 weeks, when you descontinue Big Bud?

#2 Does Big Bud boost the E.C. a lot? Figuring out if I should start with 50% dosage.

:Namaste:

The prizes get sent out, and I haven't looked that the list, but I know that there are some new SNS nutes in there that I'm dying to try out. I use their 203a/b to foliar and if you look back to the round before this one, you can see how well it works.

Wet trimming is trimming them before they are dry. I don't like to do that, as there is a VOC that is emitted when you clip a leaf, and that smell is what is often referred to as the 'hay smell'. It goes away, but if you trim when dry, the leaf won't emit this VOC and you have better smelling jars sooner. :)

I add BigBud as soon as I see buds forming a central knot, and use it all the way through, ramping up to about 75%, until about 2 weeks before flush, when I switch to Overdrive at 75%, for the last two feeding weeks. They are both PK boosters with plant growth co-factors etc. I will sometimes transition with a bit of both for a single feed, but I doubt that matters.

Although I'm in soil - I do sometimes watch PPMs and the BB/OD don't raise it nearly as much as the base does. I'd always start low though, at least in soil, they like a small dose, before a larger dose. They acclimate. I start 1/4 strength with almost everything.

Congrats on chalking up another win! Not surprising to the spectators who follow you....practically every plant you have could win something. Sorry but what is VOC acronym? Does it also happen when cutting off entire fans...large or small?:thanks:

:thanks: BL! :high-five: Volatile Organic Compound. I think most plants use this as a defense mechanisn, after being wounded.

I take all the fans off at harvest, even the tiny bract-ish ones at the bottom of a bud - and don't get that cut grass/hay smell. :volcano-smiley:

Congrats again on yet another harvest Carestaker.

Congrats CS on a another nice harvest!

I have to comment on the dry trimming and the smell as I'm going thru my first dry trimming at this time and did not trim wet like I've done on all my other harvests. My buds are still hanging after 8 days and definitely the strong hayish smell I've had after the first 2-3 days on my prior harvests are not there. There is a slight smell but not that of what I got when trimming immediately after chop. Thanks for all your help and guidance brother on my grows!

Happy fourth brother. :)

Thanks bro, lazy day, I just took care of Dad, he needed some company, so we ate like Kings. :thumb:

Congrats again on yet another harvest Carestaker.

Thanks Reg, I wish I had your turnover, like one a week! I do like only trimming a few times a year though - so there's an upside. Hope you and BG had a great 4th. :cheer:

Congrats CS on a another nice harvest!

I have to comment on the dry trimming and the smell as I'm going thru my first dry trimming at this time and did not trim wet like I've done on all my other harvests. My buds are still hanging after 8 days and definitely the strong hayish smell I've had after the first 2-3 days on my prior harvests are not there. There is a slight smell but not that of what I got when trimming immediately after chop. Thanks for all your help and guidance brother on my grows!

Doppleganja bro! :high-five: Glad to have helped in any way brother. :Namaste: Those buds will taste unreal, you're in for a treat :)

Harvest - CL3 Photo 4/15, Flower 4/22, Flush 6/25, Pulled 7/8, Flowered for 78 days, 85 days of 12/12

I don't know what it is about this strain, and this genetic individual, but it's on par with my favorite smoke of all time, ECSD. The effect is similar in some sense, but I'll do a smoke/grow report on her, even though her line is lost, except in clone only form (not the same as this one). I want this plant in my garden, and my expression of it, has some limitations to say the least. She runts at 16" or so, no matter what. She'll spazz out if you top her. She'll autoflower if you upset her, and she takes fooorever to finish. With that said, she's worth every aggravation. She's pure fire, I'm gonna need that clone. :circle-of-love:

cl-1.jpg
cl52.jpg
cl219.jpg
cl71.jpg
cl42.jpg
cl119.jpg
cl62.jpg
cl37.jpg
cl38.jpg

ASD-Big is coming down now. I'll get some pics up. Peace and Love!

Harvest: ASD-Big Photo 4/25 Flower 5/2, Flush 6/23, Pull 7/9, Flowering 68 days

She's fabulous to grow, big stems, strong roots, and lots of resin. Her scent is strong, and sharp, but has this balance to it where the sweetness of the citrus works to round off the sharp and dominate fuel smell. She's got some great flowers on her. I'm really liking her. I think she's a bit Chem dom, but you can see of the MSS in her too. All plants this run have been on a 1145 on, 1215 off light schedule.

asdd.jpg
asd14.jpg
asd34.jpg
asd24.jpg
asd52.jpg
asd81.jpg
asd63.jpg
asd43.jpg
asd73.jpg

Cruising by brotah :surf:

Hit it on the roll then, here :passitleft:

Blue Dream came out really well. She went into jars today, should have final numbers tomorrow. Looks around 100. Her effect is very sativa leaning, and it's powerful without any time in the jars. It's super smooth too. The high is more clear than the last run - almost zero Blueberry drag. Great daytime weed.

CL got chopped, and is drying. ASD-Big is being chopped now. I'll let the smaller versions of BD and ASD go another couple of days, and then I'll pull those. Purple Twreck will come down a few days after that. Peace and love :Namaste:

Dam bro,, ALL you do is nail it. Faukin A

People jealous of your nugs should take a look at your plants. Seriously

Damn dude you got my A.S.E. activated. :)
awesomeness. :high-five:

:high-five: back atcha, and thanks Dusty :thanks: The ASD is a really nice plant to grow. You wouldn't have bean remorse, if you ended up with a whole buncha these seeds. :) Next run is going to be all new stuff though, cause, well, you know! I'll keep her around though, she's in a buddy's grow, so I can get a cut whenever. :cheer:

Dam bro,, ALL you do is nail it. Faukin A

People jealous of your nugs should take a look at your plants. Seriously

:rofl: Great start to my morning, I'm laughing over my coffee. Thanks M3. There's so much to love about growing and enjoying this plant, why focus on the negative :Namaste: Grow with love my brother!

Busy times in the Staker household. Wish I could lend a hand. Nice updates! Following this journal does not help my A.S.E syndrome. :laughtwo:

We be trimmin' bro. :) Be great to have ya, weed have some fun. ASD is the winner from this run. CL would be great if you could get an unstunted version of her...but I'll likely let her go. There's many of us afflicted here. We just want to grow - everything. Is that too much to ask for? Nope. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom