CFL - 590 Watts/41,700 Lumens - 3 Gal - Hempy - Coco - Northern Lights Feminized

they appear to be the same phenol.
plant on the left has much better genetics.

plants look great.
:thumb:

Thanks mussh, man!

If I knew I was going to do another grow after the one in flower, I would have taken clones.

Revegging is quite easy and works just fine for me. I wish I had clued into it years ago. I've done five revegs now but still forget sometimes. A couple months ago I harvested my best Thai sativa. I meant to reveg her, but out of habit and because I smoked myself blind, I just trimmed her down to nothing before I remembered. Oops.Oh well...

LoL... Growing is an addiction so there's always another grow! :thumb:

Freakin' right, man. :laugh: The only limitation for everyone is money! but I guess if we had unlimited money, we wouldn't need to grow it ourselves!
However, my new grow is my last one until next summer. Hopefully, I'll be buying a house around April! Then I'll be able to cut holes in my walls everywhere because I'll own it! Oh, geez, I hope my wife doesn't read this or she'll never let me do "home construction."

I digress... so my next grow will be around summer next year once these two grows are out of the way. By December 31st, I should be done. It will be nice having a small break though.

Revegging is quite easy and works just fine for me. I wish I had clued into it years ago. I've done five revegs now but still forget sometimes. A couple months ago I harvested my best Thai sativa. I meant to reveg her, but out of habit and because I smoked myself blind, I just trimmed her down to nothing before I remembered. Oops.Oh well...

Hmmmm..... I might take you up on that suggestion just because I'm curious on what a re-veg would yield in comparison to original grow.
You sparked my interest sir. I'm assuming in order to re-veg, you just leave a couple buds and fan leaves then just switch it back to 18/6? Or is there more to it?

. Hopefully, I'll be buying a house around April! Then I'll be able to cut holes in my walls everywhere because I'll own it! Oh, geez, I hope my wife doesn't read this or she'll never let me do "home construction."

:cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm in the same boat as you -- I'm already working my wife up to letting me design my own little grow room in the basement when we build.

:cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm in the same boat as you -- I'm already working my wife up to letting me design my own little grow room in the basement when we build.

Great idea! Haha. We've actually been talking about building also. And since growing will be a continuous thing in my life as far as I'm concerned, I would make sure I set one room up as I would want it for growing. But that's IF I build which I'm not sure I will. I'd like to. But in impatient too.

This's an amazing journal, love the way ur plants look , u'v done great job with training
I'm also growing 2 northern lights now and it's my first grow , can u check my journal and give me advice on the training ? that would be so appreciated

Katatonia's Journal - CFLs - Northern Light - Soil
:volcano-smiley:

Absolutely! That's why we are all here. To help eachother out. Gonna check yours out now

UPDATE: WEEK 8

WELL! its flushing time! I've got about 25%-50% amber trichomes and the rest are cloudy. About 90% of the pistils have darkened and curled it. From these two things, I've decided to harvest in about a week. Next Friday or Saturday will be when I harvest so that puts it at about a week long flush. I flushed last night for the first time using FloraKleen. 5ml/gal then PH'd to 6.

The buds have fattened up a little in the past week so hopefully I'm not harvesting too early, but judging from the above indicators, id say its optimal time.

Since using the Lucas Formula with FloraNova Bloom, the darkness of the leaves has turned lighter (in a good way, less nitrogen than I was previously using I believe).

Honestly, I think I will be disappointed with my yield. I think there is too much foliage covering the lower bud sites. But I knew that when I took the SCRoG net off. My objective was to let these two NL plants grow with very little training and little defoliation and whatever I ended up with in yield, I would improve upon next time I grow. I just want to try different methods to see what works best for me, hence the MainLine grow going on now.

ANYWAY! Here's some pictures! The bud sights are getting too heavy for the branches to support lol. I've neglected supporting them because the ones that are bending over sideways, are getting more light than before to the lower bud sights... so they will remain there they are! supportless!

___________________________________________________________________________________________
The Northern Lights Fem is the little guy that's the smallest. This is my first multi-strain grow so it will be really interesting to see different growth rates and all the separate characteristics. Very excited here...
image31976.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________

image31977.jpg

image31982.jpg

image31985.jpg

image31980.jpg

image31979.jpg

looking great ! good luck with the new 5
when did u start trimming the 2 northern lights ? how old were they

By trimming do you mean training? I usually wait you til they're about the size of yours are right now. Nist make sure you know what you want the end result to be. If you want a nice even canopy (which is in your best interest for your grow space), then start to trim the lower foliage and spread the branches outward. What I do is top the middle branches and just stretch the outter branches. If you Google "grow weed easy", and click on the first link, you can find just about anything you need to on there. I've learned a lot of the basics as well as the advanced stuff on that website.

By trimming do you mean training? I usually wait you til they're about the size of yours are right now. Nist make sure you know what you want the end result to be. If you want a nice even canopy (which is in your best interest for your grow space), then start to trim the lower foliage and spread the branches outward. What I do is top the middle branches and just stretch the outter branches. If you Google "grow weed easy", and click on the first link, you can find just about anything you need to on there. I've learned a lot of the basics as well as the advanced stuff on that website.

I'f i could get mine to look like urs it would be amazing :cheesygrinsmiley: , i'v topped and LSTed mine recently so i'm gonna give them few days to recover and then gonna trim some of the lower leaves as u said , and also gonna read more about that :thanks: , i hope u'll get some great buds out of those 2 northern lights :goodjob:

i hope u'll get some great buds out of those 2 northern lights :goodjob:

THANKS, MAN! I appreciate it!:thanks:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, everybody! Sorry for the 6 day delay on posts. But I have news! I harvested 1 of the plants. This was on Wednesday night. I had to harvest because my new 5 seedlings needed new pots so I have no room unless I harvested one. It was only about a 4 day Flush so no big deal but I left the other one a few days and I may harvest her tonight so I can lower the lights.

I don't have a wet weight but I'll definitely give a dry weight. I had no place to dry the buds after I harvested so I threw them in the freezer until I had a place. I was going to buy a drying rack but didn't feel like spending money on one. I found a cheap $10 organizer on wheels at a local store and decided to use it. I took them out of the freezer yesterday and throw them on it inside a closet with the door shut and a fan on inside for circulation. I had so many popcorn buds (due to lack of light penetration and little defoliation) that I threw them all in with the trim. This turned out to be about 1.5 OZs of dry trim filled with quite a bit of buds. I have a magical butter2 so I might just make some budder with it but this is only half of the harvest so I might wait to see what I get from the other one.

image32482.jpg

image32483.jpg

image32484.jpg

image32486.jpg

Oh wow, congratulations on the harvest! Nothing beats getting high on your own supply(when you grow it):thumb:
GB80

Tried to rep you for the grow, but just gave you rep somewhere else!
Great job!

Thank you fellas! I appreciate it. And I appreciate both of your help along the way too.

UPDATE:

HEY EVERYONE! Sorry I didn't follow up as intended but I harvested a few hours ago and this one has much more dense nugs than the previous. I think this yield is going to be higher than the first one.

I should have a dry weight for you guys tomorrow from the first harvest and a few days from now I might have tonight's dry weight.

SMOKE REPORT:
I also have a small smoke report from the first harvested plant of Northern Lights! It smokes very smoothly. When I grind it up, it has an almost kerosene smell to it. Not quite fuel but as I said, kerosene. About 2 hours after I smoke it, a train hits me with the sleepiest couch lock high I've ever had. I realize it's an indica, but, man oh, man. I personally have trouble sleeping so I think this would be a fantastic selection for those with insomnia. My wife has been feeling really sick these past few days and when she smokes this stuff, she's an entirely new person.

ONWARD TO THE PICTURES!

image81007.JPG

image71008.JPG

image61013.JPG

image210001.JPG

image110015.JPG

Very nice! Congrats
GB80

Edit - haha just noticed 2 post earlier I said congrats! Damn stoners... :rofl:

I'm sorry but that is freakin' hilarious, dude... Double thanks goes to you! :thanks:

Seems amazing dude , congratulations :welldone:

Thanks Katatonia!

DRY WEIGHT 1 of 2:

So, the first batch I harvested from the one plant came out to 79.15 grams dry. I'm not too upset about that. I might get to 1 gram per watt. That would be nice. This one that's drying right now from the second plant is going to be more than that I suspect. Wish me luck! I'll post the final combined weight in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom