CFL - 590 Watts/41,700 Lumens - 3 Gal - Hempy - Coco - Northern Lights Feminized

12 inches from the canopy will be fine.

looks very nice.

Thanks mussh. I actually raised it to 14 inches last night. If it does happen to bleach some tops, how long does it take? Wanna make sure I keep my eye out.
image30028.jpg

honestly I don't know. I haven't bleached a top yet. ive burned a couple tops with my leds, but never bleached.
my burned tops ended up growing over the roasted area with new growth.

Beautiful plants man, those LEDs are gonna fatten them up much more for you. I see you've encountered the issue with the stock hangers. I haven't had any issues with bleaching yet and they've been about 14-18" throughout. The seedling I have now is handling it at about 24" for future reference.

Seriously awesome plants, makes me wish a little I had vegged a little bit more, but I got scared haha. Don't forget to add CalMag if you haven't been already.

28TH DAY OF FLOWER

honestly I don't know. I haven't bleached a top yet. ive burned a couple tops with my leds, but never bleached.
my burned tops ended up growing over the roasted area with new growth.

Mussh, my burned top that I have now was a pretty gnarly burn so I'm hoping mine does the same.

Beautiful plants man, those LEDs are gonna fatten them up much more for you. I see you've encountered the issue with the stock hangers. I haven't had any issues with bleaching yet and they've been about 14-18" throughout. The seedling I have now is handling it at about 24" for future reference.

Seriously awesome plants, makes me wish a little I had vegged a little bit more, but I got scared haha. Don't forget to add CalMag if you haven't been already.

Yeah man, those hangers are nicely made but the shorter the better I'd say. But I guess for those that have tents that are 7 ft, they work well for. My modification to them was simple replacing the cable with chain. That's really great to know for seedlings. I hadn't even though of that. Thanks for the info. I'll probably be starting a new grow in about 2 weeks so that will come in handy. Thanks for the help!

I have only bleached 1 plant but with 1000 watts hps @ 6" from canopy(damn sativas.. haha). I doubt you will have any bleaching @ 12" but it usually takes a few days to about a week for them to start changing colors on you(in my experience). Looks cool, but smokes like crap:)

Haha that's pretty damn close for a 1k watt. I've never grown a sativa dominant strain but can imagine the stretching period is pretty radical. Yeah I always thought it looked awesome but have heard its harsh. They have been under the P300 for about 4 days now so I suspect if I do get bleaching, it will happen in the coming days. But like you said, I doubt I'll get any bleaching.

Here's a little shot from the jolly green giant...
image30165.jpg

hey man, just to confirm -- your grow space is 48" from floor to ceiling right?

my cab is the same height and I've been pondering if I could manage an LED or 2 with these height restrictions. given the distance needed for an LED, I had come to the conclusion that I didn't have enough vertical height for LEDs.

however after seeing your setup (also 48" in height I think), I'm reconsidering my LED stance (assuming plants are trained / topped).
really interested in how these LEDs work for you in your cab.

plants are looking great; fantastic work here!!

hey man, just to confirm -- your grow space is 48" from floor to ceiling right?

my cab is the same height and I've been pondering if I could manage an LED or 2 with these height restrictions. given the distance needed for an LED, I had come to the conclusion that I didn't have enough vertical height for LEDs.

however after seeing your setup (also 48" in height I think), I'm reconsidering my LED stance (assuming plants are trained / topped).
really interested in how these LEDs work for you in your cab.

plants are looking great; fantastic work here!!

Oh yeah man! You have plenty of room. I didn't even scrog and I still have room. My next grow in the coming months will be a scrog, most likely in a raised storage bin for giant root space in a short amount of time because I have the end of my lease coming up and want to be done growing before the end of the year. I digress... I believe you have plenty of room but scrog is probably a good consideration for you if you use a LED.

Greetings everybody! Quick question. My gals are drinking significantly less water. My wife pointed out that it may be because the heat is a lot less in the tent and causing less evaporation. Anyone have some
Input?

Here's some eye candy.
image30362.jpg
image30363.jpg
image30364.jpg

Absolutely - cooler temps will result in much less water usage. Humidity usually changes in a direct relationship to the temps as well and this affects the water consumption/transpiration rate a lot. As the plants reach the end of flowering they will slow down on drinking as well- though I don't think you're there yet. Looks awesome!

After reading that question from cogreen I measured my veg space. It's 49" high- starting from floor level and going up it adds up like this-
0-10" pot
10"- 34" plants on the sides
10"-30" plants directly under the light
30"-40" top of plant to bulb at center of room
40"-49" bulb,hood, and a bit of air space before ceiling

It's a 300-600 watt dimmable MH light. I've never had any burns. The veg room is about almost as full as I can handle at the moment. It could grow another inch or two. The plants are pretty big and ready to move.
If you scrogged or just LSTd (cogreen) you'd be able to have an led no problem at all.

Thanks weaselcracker!

---------------------------

So I ran into a burnt leaf tip or two the other night and was hoping someone could help me identify the problem. I don't think it is a big problem right now but I'm afraid it could be a precursor to a more serious problem later on in flowering. I assume it is just nutrient burn but the yellow has me thinking otherwise. Can I get anyone's input on what it might be?

Besides that small problem, things are going smoothly and the buds are really starting to plump up. I'm so anxious to find out what the final field will be. Seeing how I low stress trained one and topped the other, I'm curious to see how it will go. I did also germinate another Northern lights and also some Mistry seeds from Nirvana. I am planning on doing a "main-lining" grow with 8 tips for each plant (3 total)

image30661.jpg
image30658.jpg
image30659.jpg
image30660.jpg
image30663.jpg
image30662.jpg

The yellow is a bit odd but I would assume it's nute burn first and ease up on them a bit. You plants look healthy but incredible dark green (lots of N). Still- surprisingly healthy. Come to think of it - I've seen other coco plants that had that look.
Anyway- if the tips all start showing burn- and it spreads - consider dialing back the nutrient a bunch. So far so good but as they get advanced in flowering they stop feeding so much- especially the nitrogen.

yes that yellowing is odd. but it seems isolated also. I don't see it spread over the entire plant. you can always give it a good flush if you are really concerned about it.

looks like its going to be some good smoke.

:edit:

it also might be in the beginning stages of cannibalizing its own leaves for nutrients.

Could be start of light burn or possibly a copper deficiency. Since its the top leaves, I'm assuming light burn. Wouldn't have thought that it would burn at 12"... go figure

Make sure your ph is stable by checking run off and adjust accordingly. If it is copper deficiency, correcting the ph should help but don't expect the yellow leaves to turn green again . I hope you can get this figured out, copper deficiency is pretty rare, I've only seen it a couple times, but my leaves turned almost black with it. Good luck

Subbed in on this

Hey man! Thanks for joining us in the ride!

The yellow is a bit odd but I would assume it's nute burn first and ease up on them a bit. You plants look healthy but incredible dark green (lots of N). Still- surprisingly healthy. Come to think of it - I've seen other coco plants that had that look.
Anyway- if the tips all start showing burn- and it spreads - consider dialing back the nutrient a bunch. So far so good but as they get advanced in flowering they stop feeding so much- especially the nitrogen.

That's funny you mentioned that about the dark leaves. I've always thought the same but no one has ever mentioned it. Also, I blew it off because it didn't seem to affect growth SO I THOUGHT. I was thinking about the first month of their growth and I thought it should have been a larger plant. This might be because of the high amount of N though I think they use more N in the veg phase (my nutrient knowledge is very basic) if I remember correctly. I've been following GH feeding schedule and have really been considering Lucas formula but I was worried it may stress the plant to completely change the nute schedule. Is this untrue? I can't imagine that would happen but at this stage in the flowering, I didn't want to risk it. My next grow will be Lucas formula using FloraNova Bloom only (and a little cal-mag). But I still have some GH Flora series left so if you guys say it's okay, I'll do my next watering with Lucas formula using GH Flora series without Flora gro.

Oh and it spread. It's nute burn. I'm gonna run a lot of bath water through it (about 15 minutes worth) to ret rid of the salt build at the bottom followed by five gallons of PHed water to get the PH in the coco where I want it. Then I'll feed them with the new Lucas formula at 50% strength then the next feeding will be full strength.

Could be start of light burn or possibly a copper deficiency. Since its the top leaves, I'm assuming light burn. Wouldn't have thought that it would burn at 12"... go figure

Make sure your ph is stable by checking run off and adjust accordingly. If it is copper deficiency, correcting the ph should help but don't expect the yellow leaves to turn green again . I hope you can get this figured out, copper deficiency is pretty rare, I've only seen it a couple times, but my leaves turned almost black with it. Good luck

I haven't looked into copper problems. I'll have to research that. Sounds bad! I don't think it's light burn though. The way it's on the lower leaves leads me to believe it's a nutrient problem.

UPDATE:

Nothing bad to report! Unless you consider buds so fat the branches can't support them something bad! :biglaugh:

Trichomes are all milky. There are some amber ones but is say not about 10%. I intend to harvest at about 60% amber. If I had to guess, I'd say 1 1/2 to 2 weeks til harvest. Which puts it at about 8 weeks (Nirvana says 7-9 weeks for flower) total for flower. Id say that's right on time. My other girls are going to get big fast and I need the space! But worst case scenario, I'll put them outside but the only problem is the highs lately have been 100F+. But I'd keep them in the shade and I think they'd be fine until I harvest the rest.

In the last 2 days, I've noticed the buds are fattening up and hopefully they continue to. I did actually think they would be bigger but what can you expect with only one p300. I hope to hit at least .75 gpw. Anymore than that would be awesome. And when I say gram per watt, I mean draw watts. Which is at 185 ish.

I also gave the them their first feeding of the Lucas formula with Flora nova bloom with some cal/mag. I'm glad to have less nutes to worry about. It's such a hassle to measure 5 gallons in separate jugs with all the measuring of the thousand nutes I was using before. Now I'm down to 3 bottles. Floranova bloom, CALiMAGic, and PH down. Put the proof is in the pudding (and I love pudding) so let's see how they finish flowering.

I also picked up some Flora Kleen for
My final flush and I'll be using it for a weekly or bi-monthly flush for my new girls. Anyway! Here's some pictures!
image31423.jpg
image31429.jpg
image31428.jpg
image31427.jpg
image31424.jpg
image31430.jpg
image31425.jpg

Very nice setup and plant. I was wondering about your dresser setup I'm planning on going to a stealth dresser after the one in my closet because of air flow and heat problems. Do you have any tips for using a dresser. I plan on getting a 4ft tall 3ft wide 16 inches deep one and seeing if I could put 2 300 watt leds in there.

Very nice setup and plant. I was wondering about your dresser setup I'm planning on going to a stealth dresser after the one in my closet because of air flow and heat problems. Do you have any tips for using a dresser. I plan on getting a 4ft tall 3ft wide 16 inches deep one and seeing if I could put 2 300 watt leds in there.

Hey thanks man!
I'd say that the dresser dimensions you gave are fine. Just make sure you can fit your carbon filter inside there if you want to be stealth. But fitting 2 LEDs probably won't be the best idea. It might be a little cramped. 1 led should be sufficient for that space. Or you can get a larger dresser to fit both LEDs. And also, think about ventilation.
Just try to imagine all the things you need for your grow. Will it all fit in there? People have used a PC tower to grow and have gotten over an ounce. There is no reason you can't make what you have work. And if you have a question along the way of building it, ask me or someone else. I'd be glad to help you all I can.

Back
Top Bottom