Closet Farming With Barney's Gorilla Zkittlez, G13 Haze, Triple Cheese & More

Morning, hope you all have a great day !

Congrats on the win,VG, That is a beautiful pic- It should be a magazine cover or something!
Hey mate. loving the new shiny title bar. well deserved too matey.

Pistil report.

So I decided to very gently repot everyone. I pulled them up to look at their roots and the Blue Shark especially was getting rootbound. She has a crazy big root system. Bright white and feathery. The G13 Haze has roots that look much like the GZ. Stained or burned slightly.

Lights are 16" away from the Blue Shark. I'll try to move them up if I can.

Good work, ms. V.
When you get your cal-mag into them they will flourish!

Beautiful Vg. looking as they should , green and pleasant . Gz are stacking nicely. I thought i had a very small girl Gz until i pulled her for the dark period. Even thoughbher height is nothing compared to the others , her budstacks were just like yours forming now. They are now weighty little coke cans. dont worry she will come good.

Good work, ms. V.
When you get your cal-mag into them they will flourish!
Yes, they'd better!!! There are few things that I can still do. I guess if the cal-mag and the repotting don't work...we flush and reset.
My cal-mag still hasn't moved yet today or they aren't updating the tracking.
We should have time to see if the new soil has a positive impact.

We'll have to see. I'm already pretty stoned and my appointment isn't for two hours yet. I may have to cancel but I would feel pretty bad about it.
Cancel an appointment cos you got too high. Neveeeer ool
Hi hun.
It was my last PT appointment unless I need him. I have improved so much since being here on the forum. Physically I'm a different person than I was a year ago. Mentally.... I may have regressed. Lol.
And what lol. Its not a bad thing just means you dont take yaself too seriously anymore. N never apologise for being so high you make a fool of yaself. Thats half the point of getting high ;)

Cancel an appointment cos you got too high. Neveeeer ool

And what lol. Its not a bad thing just means you dont take yaself too seriously anymore. N never apologise for being so high you make a fool of yaself. Thats half the point of getting high ;)
True!
It's really good to see you around once again. :green_heart:

Hey VG! After seeing everyone else's GZ's I think I had an odd pheno. GG's, N420 and you have much stronger looking plants with some good stacking. I hope everyone gets a similar turp profile to what I got. Lovely stuff! Despite the problems you're having she's not looking too bad and I think you'll be ok
:passitleft:

Hey VG! After seeing everyone else's GZ's I think I had an odd pheno. GG's, N420 and you have much stronger looking plants with some good stacking. I hope everyone gets a similar turp profile to what I got. Lovely stuff! Despite the problems you're having she's not looking too bad and I think you'll be ok
:passitleft:
GZ has great leaf lift after her repot. It's been about 24 hours now so I think I'm out of the window for seeing transplant shock. Just need to green that girl up.
She doesn't seem to be slowing down her pistil production throughout this ordeal.
I've turned her around twice before. The third times the charm, right?

It looks like the transplanting didn't affect them in anything but a good way-they all look super happy about it!
Was it a little tricky transplanting with the tomato cage in there?

It looks like the transplanting didn't affect them in anything but a good way-they all look super happy about it!
Was it a little tricky transplanting with the tomato cage in there?
I just looked in at them and they are all super happy with leaves pointed to the sky!!!
I thought that the cage would make it difficult to repot so I asked Mr.G to help. When the time came around Mr.G couldn't be found. Typical.
I manged to do it myself. The hardest part was filling in new dirt with the cage attached. That got messy and I needed a shower after it. I made the mistake of pouring dirty with my fan on and it went all over me .
Y'all would have highly enjoyed it. I had dirt everywhere, even in my bellybutton...

Hiya VG!
I'm curious as to why you chose 5gal buckets over fab pots? My first grow I started them off and someone watching over me, Mr Hiller, kindly pointed out the following:
Just noticed you are now in 5-gallon buckets. While I love 5-gallons for almost everything else, I don't for growing. Plants use the top 12-16" of soil and their roots want to spread laterally, so the confined design of the 5-gallon bucket limits that growth and, ultimately, your plant size and yield.

Seriously consider moving into a fabric pot. There are many threads and reasons to do this...but basically it works well and it is pretty fool-proof. Fabric pots are cheap (first and foremost), allow the roots to "air-prune" through the fabric rather than get root-bound in a hard pot, and allow you to overwater them without concern (excess drains through fabric). They are reusable as well. You can easily let these plants go another 2 weeks and then use the same soil but in a fabric pot. I like the tan ones on Zon (from TH Choice...get it ;))...good price and the lighter color keeps the roots cooler in the hot sun. Look at the 7/10 gallon size.

I wouldn't worry about it now, but you might keep it in mind for future grows.

Hiya VG!
I'm curious as to why you chose 5gal buckets over fab pots? My first grow I started them off and someone watching over me, Mr Hiller, kindly pointed out the following:

I wouldn't worry about it now, but you might keep it in mind for future grows.
I only have 10 gallon fab pots. They are to big to really fit three of them.

Back
Top Bottom