CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Here is the second day in the SIP, and I am seeing a vigorous lifting up of the leaves and apparently no delay in getting on with things. You be the judge.
16700107001433678896336511280700.jpg

Here's our candy dawg, doing a great job acclimating to the 5 gallon sip.
20221206_155800.jpg

She is standing up tall and the most noticeable thing about her is the thickness of her trunk already. Today seeing no reason to delay any longer, she got her first topping.
20221206_155854.jpg

For those expecting a stalling out as the plant adjusts, we have now hit it. Water use over the last 24 hours dropped to around two cups.

Lastly, here are the o. Gelatos and the critical Kush, now in late veg. They are spreading out nicely in sip style and are just waiting for their spot to free up in the bloom room. I could put them under another light in there, but I am in no hurry. I would rather let them veg as long as I can get away with it. They are already going to be massive plants by the time we get Bloom started.

20221206_160051.jpg

I feel like you're looking at me. 🤔

:laughtwo:
I did glance in your general direction, I admit. It is my theory that as well transplanted plants do, these plants took off in the new soil and showed vigorous growth through this first week in the SIP. Eventually though, the plant has realized that the water is doing something funky in here, in that its flowing up from the bottom, and the plant is now doing its needed recalculations. By carefully monitoring daily water use, I should be able to see when the rewiring underneath has been accomplished and rapid growth has re-commenced. This is a strong plant, having been forced to deal with wet/dry cycles, and it should be able to do this conversion fairly rapidly. I am expecting no more than a 3 day stall, starting today. I think you were seeing a week or even two in this adjusting phase?

Last time I stuffed 3 gallon plants into 5 gallon SIPs, or about 4 gallons of soil. I noticed no stall in that one, it just took off... but there were significant roots already there, enough so maybe that mitigated any problems? If I see a significant stall this time, I will try going from a 1 gallon next time. I further hypothesize that the larger the container you move to the SIP from, or said differently, the more roots you move with, the less difficulty the plant has making the conversion.

Eventually though, the plant has realized that the water is doing something funky in here, in that its flowing up from the bottom, and the plant is now doing its needed recalculations. By carefully monitoring daily water use, I should be able to see when the rewiring underneath has been accomplished and rapid growth has re-commenced.
My supposition has been that the roots need time to morph over to SIP roots which are the very fine hair-like ones we get with these pots, and that can't be rushed.

I am expecting no more than a 3 day stall, starting today. I think you were seeing a week or even two in this adjusting phase?
The transition phase for me has been a pretty consistent 14 days or so of little noticeable progress up top. Then another week or so of modest growth, and then they take off. I've not fertilized during this time wanting to let the plant adjust, but maybe some nutes during this period would help speed things up.

Last time I stuffed 3 gallon plants into 5 gallon SIPs, or about 4 gallons of soil. I noticed no stall in that one, it just took off... but there were significant roots already there, enough so maybe that mitigated any problems?
Were they 3 gallon SIPs, or just normal pots? Im going to try up-potting a smaller SIP into a larger SIP container and see if that helps. That still doesn't get around my initial transition period though, and it would be good to find a way to at least shorten that time period, especially for autos.

I further hypothesize that the larger the container you move to the SIP from, or said differently, the more roots you move with, the less difficulty the plant has making the conversion
Could very well be. I moved a very old, small clone to a final container and didn't have the droop, but still had the 2 week stall.

Nothing has changed here and the plant is still just sitting there looking healthy. Water usage again today is only one cup. It will be impressive when she starts pulling water seriously.
20221209_131827.jpg

These 818 headbands are growing quite steadily and today got their second proper watering along with one tablespoon of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG, their first taste of nutrient so far.
20221209_131908.jpg

Veg room #2 is becoming a jungle but so far I haven't spotted any pistols, so we are still perfectly legal. We are 10 days into their feeding period and in a few days we will give them their last helping of VEG.
20221209_131941.jpg

Our candy dog is now coming out of her funk and starting to rise up! Compare today's picture with the last one I gave you. I see the start of side growth finally beginning as a result of the topping and there is a noticeable leaf rise. I believe that the transition is over and that she's now seriously starting to enjoy the sip experience. I do expect a growth spurt!
20221211_113330.jpg

The 818 headbands have taken quite a leap in growth and definitely have had a growth spurt since having been introduced to @GeoFlora Nutrients . Compare the last photo with this one.
20221211_113340.jpg

Today was watering day in Veg 2, as I intentionally let the reservoirs go down to zero just to see what happens. There was definitely a droop and definitely on first glance it was obvious that something was amiss. I mentioned earlier the problem plant that I couldn't figure out and today I've come up with a hypothesis. I think when I last fed, I forgot to feed this tub. Comparing the color of the soil at the top and looking at the symptoms of calcium deficiency, potassium deficiency, nitrogen deficiency, this has to be the cause. So today along with the watering, those two got an early feeding and a couple of pitchers of water from the top, along with filling the rez.

Already, about a half an hour from watering by filling the reservoir, the plants are starting to reach up in a prayer position in totally sip style. They are going to survive the drought just fine. The plants on the left were the first watered, and it shows.
20221211_114648.jpg

Just noting here so I don't forget and can look back to see how long the funk was, but our Candy Dawg in the 5 gallon SIP tripled her water usage in this last 24 hours. At 3 cups she still isn't at her maximum, but this was a significant increase. She is quickly learning how to take advantage of the SIP. No pictures this time, I forgot to take equipment with me, but I will catch up later today when I go back up to the grow rooms.

Back
Top Bottom