CoffeeShopSeeds Sponsored Grow: Emmie’s Huge 1 Month Interval Constant Harvest

Suddenly today I am seeing much better lift and vigor from these plants. I still have not filled the SIP and am waiting at least one more day for the containers to dry out before we give them more water.

DSCF2026.JPG
DSCF2025.JPG
DSCF2024.JPG
DSCF2023.JPG
DSCF2022.JPG
DSCF2021.JPG
DSCF2020.JPG

Thanks for the welcome -- I joined ages ago, but I guess that was my first post 😀. If you have additional interests in using specific LEDs to influence growth (like, creating the tightest internodal spacing possible), I think you would find SuperAngryGuy's SLT (selective light training) posts fascinating over on reddit. I don't want to muddy up your thread too much so I can post something separately.
Glad I was able to finally draw you out of the woodwork! I will search for SAG's SLT posts to see what he is putting out. Thanks!

The plants are starting to figure out the SIPs and by shoving gently on the plants I can see that the root structure has gotten much better. In the next few days I am going to top the big ones and then systematically top all the rest at 4-5 as they rapidly approach that point. The new one in the solo cup has NOT caught up with her cousins, but I believe that is only due to my watering mistakes. She just got her first proper watering, but she still needs a lot of work with her roots and it will take some time to get her into shape.

Please note the rapid growth in this last week, after we gave the first application of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG.

DSCF2013.JPG
DSCF2014.JPG
DSCF2015.JPG
DSCF2016.JPG
DSCF2017.JPG
DSCF2018.JPG
DSCF2019.JPG

Here is the next round, and 6 of them just hit the water on the temperature controlled seed starting hot pad. These are very old seeds, so it will be a thrill to see them come up. After these, and to close out this year and this journal, we will start a round of Autos, and providing that the state of Missouri can keep the lights on during the winter, we will go into 2023 with a bang!

DSCF2053.JPG

Here is the next round, and 6 of them just hit the water on the temperature controlled seed starting hot pad. These are very old seeds, so it will be a thrill to see them come up. After these, and to close out this year and this journal, we will start a round of Autos, and providing that the state of Missouri can keep the lights on during the winter, we will go into 2023 with a bang!

DSCF2053.JPG
Haha, I love that smoke plume graphic coming off the joint, very clever. Good luck that they pop!

The seeds all moved to the paper towel in a baggie stage, on a 75° heating pad. They all look like they are doing something... they were packaged well.

Veg Room #2 is the real story this evening. All the plants are now responding correctly to the SIP, after exactly one month of struggling. With the massive growth seen this week, the plants have now caught up to where they would typically be in a month. The solo cup plant is coming right along, and should probably be transplanted into something in this next week... I'm just not sure yet if I want to go 1gal and then SIP, or directly to SIP, but I am leaning toward transplanting to 1 gallon and staying with the wet/dry cycle for a couple more weeks.

Here are the plants, all noticeably bigger than the last time you saw them. I also got a surprise... I have some sort of mushroom growing up in the dark, on the wick foot soil footing below the grow bags.

DSCF2068.JPG
DSCF2070.JPG

DSCF2062.JPG
DSCF2063.JPG
DSCF2064.JPG
DSCF2065.JPG
DSCF2066.JPG
DSCF2067.JPG

All of the plants in Veg Room #2 are now topped at least once. I made no attempt to top everyone at the same point, I simply went by height, trying as best I could to even out the room a bit. Everyone has now hit the SIP conversion and all the trunks are starting to widen dramatically, and the plants are naturally spreading out horizontally as a result. I am pretty sure that just by whack-a-mole chopping each plant at the point of dominance, the final yield will greatly increase and without the need for all the LST hoops and ties and weights.

I only have another month with these plants before they are going to be legally in a state of bloom, so I am not going to worry about a lot of secondary training. If I can get 8 or 10 buds out of each one, I am going to be happy, because I know that the SIP is going to allow the plants to fill in the branches with whatever the container will be able to support.

They are at day 15 since the last feeding, but I strongly feel that only the largest plants were able to take advantage of that feed, and are the only ones that look hungry now. I will feed them soon, but I may wait on the others to earn that next meal.

biggest o gelato.JPG
biggest critical kush.JPG

The Candy Dawg in the solo cup will be transplanted to a 1 gallon container by the end of the weekend, and will soon go to her own individual SIP
candydawg recovering.JPG

Here are the rest of the plants, showing significant growth since their last photos.

critical 2.JPG
bifercated critical.JPG

The next round coming up is now at the solo cup stage and are being misted a couple of times a day. The 818 Headband seeds all seemed viable, and I have good hopes for all but 2 of the cups, and one of those even less. They are marked with blank pink markers. the deeper one being the most likely of those two to come up.

818 headband.JPG

Things are really moving right now...

First, 5 out of 6 new seeds are up. Welcome to the little Headbands... they are a welcome sight after sitting in the fridge for so long.
5 out of 6 are up.JPG

The Candy Dawg in the solo cup never caught up with her cousins in the SIP room and once they took off there was no use trying any more. She recovered in the cup, grew some good roots, and now has graduated immediately over to one of the 5 gallon SIPS. Same soil, I just removed the root core from the middle, dug out a solo cup sized hole, put some @DYNOMYCO in there, and neatly repotted the solo cup rootball in the hole. She was fed a grownup portion of @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG, was watered 2/3 of the way to runoff from the top and the rez was filled. From both directions she got her first taste of @Sierra Natural Science SNS-209, so she can start building up a resistance to any bugs that might think of invading.
candy dawg in the sip.JPG

These girls all got moved around and fed and watered last night. Already the color is improving and they are growth spurting all over the place. The branches and trunks are all getting huge, and clearly the plants all loved being trimmed at the bottom and anywhere one of their HUGE fan leaves was covering a major bud site that I want to grow up to the canopy. The plan is that as soon as the plants start finishing in the Bloom Room, these plants will be migrated into there.
sip 3.JPG
sip 2.JPG
sip 1.JPG

There are going to be some more autos in the mix soon too. The plant count is right and still legal, and I think we have enough light to pull this off. More on that soon.

Back
Top Bottom