Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

Here is a picture of a bud on my It's It Punch plant. It is at Flip + 54 days today. I'm thinking a full 9 weeks (63 days) and I'll harvest her. So she has 9 days to go till harvest. That means I'll start treating my Black Cherry Punch clone with Colloidal Silver in an attempt to make some S1 seeds with her. The BCP is a fantastic plant in all ways except for having weak branches that flop when her rock hard buds swell late in flowering.

Here is a picture of a bud on my It's It Punch plant. It is at Flip + 54 days today. I'm thinking a full 9 weeks (63 days) and I'll harvest her. So she has 9 days to go till harvest. That means I'll start treating my Black Cherry Punch clone with Colloidal Silver in an attempt to make some S1 seeds with her. The BCP is a fantastic plant in all ways except for having weak branches that flop when her rock hard buds swell late in flowering.

Beautiful! Today I am doing my first application of STS to start the reversing adventure!

Do you recall the breeder of your BCP?

If you can find them in stock the breeder is In House Genetics.

What strain have you decided to reverse first?

Alas my DDA sent out pistils in record time (18 days!) so I missed the window on it. I also have a Super Skunk Auto, so I am going to try reversing one branch on it. Less excited about its genetics, but it will be a good test candidate for the treatment.

I will keep an eye out for In-House Genetics. I actually just got a couple of their other cultivars from Neptune, so I'll check them out next time. Is the "It's It" also IHG?

Thanks!

This is just a suggestion. Whenever I am treating any plant with colloidal silver I know you read that I start a week to 10 days prior to flipping the plant into flowering. What I do, and my suggestion, is to have another top quality strain/plant ready to flower. Then I flip the treated plant and 10 days later flip the second plant/strain. By the time the treated plant is ready to give you some pollen that second plant should be prime for pollination. So you'll get a nice cross as well as the S1 seeds from the treated plant.

The It's It Punch is from Sun Grown Genetics. I reversed one a few months ago and made a modest amount of S1 seeds.

I wasn't sure if you meant It's It or if you meant It's It Punch. It's It is Exotic Genetics as Penny stated.

I’m good, I’m waiting for it to cool down now. How’s your day going?

Great day! Weather is fantastic, so sitting on porch doing paperwork, and checking in here on 420 - multi-tasking.

@The Bard What strains did you pick up from IHG?

All from Neptune. My first time ordering from them. Front row is what I purchased. Back row is the freebies.

This is just a suggestion. Whenever I am treating any plant with colloidal silver I know you read that I start a week to 10 days prior to flipping the plant into flowering. What I do, and my suggestion, is to have another top quality strain/plant ready to flower. Then I flip the treated plant and 10 days later flip the second plant/strain. By the time the treated plant is ready to give you some pollen that second plant should be prime for pollination. So you'll get a nice cross as well as the S1 seeds from the treated plant.

The It's It Punch is from Sun Grown Genetics. I reversed one a few months ago and made a modest amount of S1 seeds.

I wasn't sure if you meant It's It or if you meant It's It Punch. It's It is Exotic Genetics as Penny stated.

Thanks. Good advice on the timing. I recall you mentioning that timetable in this journal a while ago - good reminder.

i read the first 10 pages or so of this thread, but didnt find my answer so im hoping you guys can help me out .
you guys are saying start cs 5 days before the start of flowering,
but if im selfing an auto plant with cs, how do i know when to use the cs?

There are two options that I know of (only from research, not first-hand experience). One is to grow the cultivar out and make a note of when flowering began. Of course that has the drawback of needing two grows. The other is to ask around to see what others have experienced. I tried this route for my DDA, and it beat me to it in terms of starting to flower before it was supposed to, by about a week. I guess that is just the drawback of autos... we aren't in control. Hope that helps a bit.

Starting treatment of the plant 5 days prior to the start of flowering isn't a set in stone number. It would not hurt a bit if you were to start 10 or even two weeks before the plant started to flower. You just want to be sure you're treating it prior to the start of pistil formation. I think you would be safe using 30 days (probably about average) as the start of flowering for autos. Obviously some will be quicker and some longer. I think "The Bard's" auto started flowering around 18 days which is very early.

What strain are you wanting to reverse?

Starting treatment of the plant 5 days prior to the start of flowering isn't a set in stone number. It would not hurt a bit if you were to start 10 or even two weeks before the plant started to flower. You just want to be sure you're treating it prior to the start of pistil formation. I think you would be safe using 30 days (probably about average) as the start of flowering for autos. Obviously some will be quicker and some longer. I think "The Bard's" auto started flowering around 18 days which is very early.

What strain are you wanting to reverse?

Yes, that is exactly right. I think I must have stunted the DDA I had planned to reverse, or otherwise shocked her. Pistils at 18 days and she was still a tiny wee thing. I dropped another DDA seed about a week ago, and it is now above ground. I think I might take your advice, @beez0404, and treat with STS earlier.

Here's the premature gal... she did turn out to be the purple pheno, so doubly disappointed I didn't get to reverse her. And she is still really tiny - DAY 38 above ground, DAY 20 from first pistils. Grower error. :(

I've grown, I think 4 or 5 DDA plants. I think if you were to start treating her around day 25 (provided she isn't a freak like the first one) you would be fine. That is my "start treating" day when I don't know the strain. Now the Quarter Pounder I reversed a ways back in this thread it didn't start showing pistils till about day 42ish ( can't remember exactly) but I had grown that strain prior and the first one started showing pistils on day 38 so that was the date I used for the second one and started treating her on day 33. So I was 9 or 10 days treating her before she showed pistils and it worked out just fine. Now, I use colloidal silver so I'm not sure how the two would compare.

@mamak420 if you're not able to determine the approximate start of flowering for either of your three strains if it were me I would start treating the Blueberry and Dulce de leche at day 24, and wait till day 28 to start treating the Blue Amnesia. Sativa dominant / Sativa auto strains seem to take a little longer to start flowering.

I'm about a week out from harvesting my Gorilla Glue #4 plant. I took a couple test nuggets off of her today and looking at them under magnification she should be good in a week. I did reverse this plant to make some S1 seeds. For whatever reason the seeds seem to be taking their sweet old time maturing. Most likely I'll leave some of the lower buds and the pollinated buds on the plant and just let them continue growing until the seeds are fully mature. This is a keeper strain and tested my patience trying to reverse her. The extra time will allow the "larfy" buds towards the bottom to maybe gain some density and fill out a bit more. Even if they don't they'll make fantastic oils, topicals, or hash.

Back
Top Bottom